Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
beadsboy

A918 How Is It ? Should I Buy It ?

Hi,

I am searching for GSM+CDMA phone. I seen in shop chinese mobile model no. : A918.

Anybody using it please comment on this phone is it good ? what are the bad points of this mobile ?

Which is best place to buy in Mumbai ?

Thankyou

Devang

I am using this model from past 2 months and the my findings are as below.

- No software updates are available on net

The drawbacks i found with this model.

-Weak in identifying tower signals

-Cannot discover all the Blue tooth devices available around it. It will detect a max of 3 devices out of available 15 devices.

-FM radio detection is weak. Need to take the mobile into open air to discover all signals

-phone mic is very week. Most of the times caller cannot here our voice loudly.

-No mute option available with this model.

Rest all the options are damm good.

I have recently purchased A918 for 5500/-

I am looking for its manual,,, anyboby have its link?

also,, need to know how do I access the memory card in it

When I go to file manager, i could see phone memory as 194K available and memory card is not appearing

^^^

My dear friend, you have to format the memory card in order to use it with your handset.

Regards.

I had come across a news article which mentioned DoT is planning to ban all Chinese made mobiles in India shortly. I would think twice before investing on a Chinese phone considering the situation at hand..

but hey guys please be precauticious b4 buying ne srt of chineese handset. they are sure to be banned in near future or please check the IMEI no. if they have it then its ok otherwise . . . dont purchase them

Go for branded Dual Sim Handset like - Spice D88N and Samsung 2On...Atleast they are not harmful to you and our India :) as Security precaution.

My dear friends, Chinese handsets with proper IMEI numbers will not be banned at all.

Regards.

Their quality is also suspect.they are like use and throw phones.think twice before buying.

i never prefer chinese phones .......i would advise any one to go for dual sim phones u get from spice ......bcoz for me functionality and customisation is above everything else

choice is yours

Friends,,, just got the manual of A968,,, the phone is good,, it have an IMEI code and a serial # ,,,, the memory card was not working initially ,, but now its working after I inserted both the SIMs in it... Sound is teriffic with 4 ways surround speakers,,, camera claims to be of 3 MP,, but actually both sides its 1.3 MP with maximum size of pic being 1200* 960.

phone memory is just next to nil (194K only ),,,, external memory it supports upto 4GB micro sd card.. software is not that user friendly,,,, besides,, no additional softwares could be downloaded in it,

phone has a large 3" touch screen (stylus provided)

main drawback is that you dont have the option to select memory card as primary storage for data received via bluetooth,, So you just cant use bluetooth to receive any kind of file such as an mp3 song or a high resolution pic as these files are bound to be larger than 194K,,,

all in all,, 5500/- ok.... worth of money...

main drawback is that you dont have the option to select memory card as primary storage for data received via bluetooth,, So you just cant use bluetooth to receive any kind of file such as an mp3 song or a high resolution pic as these files are bound to be larger than 194K,,,

^^^

My dear friend, you can select the memory card as primary storage for data recieved via Bluetooth also.

For this just switch on the Bluetooth. Select Settings, their you get the option for Shared Folders. In Shared Folders you can select your Memory Card as the Primary Storage.

Thats it.

Regards.

Sir can you please send that manual to my email:eroman369@yahoo.co.in

Thanks in advance.

Friends,,, just got the manual of A968,,, the phone is good,, it have an IMEI code and a serial # ,,,, the memory card was not working initially ,, but now its working after I inserted both the SIMs in it... Sound is teriffic with 4 ways surround speakers,,, camera claims to be of 3 MP,, but actually both sides its 1.3 MP with maximum size of pic being 1200* 960.

phone memory is just next to nil (194K only ),,,, external memory it supports upto 4GB micro sd card.. software is not that user friendly,,,, besides,, no additional softwares could be downloaded in it,

phone has a large 3" touch screen (stylus provided)

all in all,, 5500/- ok.... worth of money...