Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mahidhar

Rim Online Bill Payment

RIM online bill payment, a boon to customers

NT Bureau

Chennai, Aug 8:

Reliance India Mobile (RIM) customers have overwhelmingly responded to bill payments through R World, the data application suite of RIM, for paying their RIM bills.

Since its launch in February 2004, the RIM bill payments through mobile phones using credit card has significantly increased. RIM bill payments through online channels including credit card and direct debit methods have witnessed a 40 per cent increase over the last two months. Mahesh Prasad, president - applications and solutions group said, 'the online bill payment facility developed on our R World suite of applications provides real time transactions that offer one of the most secure m-commerce transactions. The early trends in online RIM bill payment clearly demonstrate an increasing confidence in online transactions. With more and more customers enjoying a pleasant experience in utilizing this 'anytime, anywhere' facility, we are witnessing a significant growth in contribution from the online bill payment mechanism'.

Reliance Infocomm offers its customers the widest array of options towards their mobile bill payment, which includes conventional methods as well as 'anytime' convenience of electronic and online payments.

Boban Mathew, head, Customer Care, Reliance Infocomm, presenting a flat

Videocon television to India's first winner Amarendra Mohanty, a savvy user of

RIM in the 'pay and win' contest.

To name a few are facility to pay RIM bills from data enabled RIM handsets (R World) using Visa, Master, Citibank eCard or Diners Club credit cards,facility to pay RIM bills through company portal ww.relianceinfo.com using Visa, Master, Citibank eCard or Diners Club credit cards, direct debit facilities for ICICI bank and HDFC bank account holders using the net-banking option of respective banks , through 250 Reliance WebWorld stores across 111 cities and through 2679 drop boxes across the country where customers can drop their cheques for bill payment.

Amarendra Mohanty, software professional and winner of the contest organised by the company said, 'the RIM bill payment facility through mobile handsets is the most convenient way to pay mobile bills. R World provides me a unique platform, which offers PC type online transaction experience, while enabling payment through the mobile handset. I can view my bill details and pay my mobile bill even while travelling to my workplace, which can easily be completed in a single session unlike SMS based transactions'.