Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
P. K. Daga

New Handset From Lg Rd10000, Features Like Iphone - Officially Launched!

It is understood from an Business Line article that LG is launching a new model LG RD 10000 which will have features like Iphone, anyone has any further details, please post

Its AKA Voyager in USA, a big flop by LG in US. Now again they going to dump it in india.

LG VX10000 Specifications:

* Provider: Verizon Wireless (1.9GHz / 800MHz CMDA)

* Form Factor: Laptop-like w/ QWERTY keyboard

* Dimensions: 4.64H x 2.12W x 0.71D (inches)

* Battery Life: 240 mins talk time & 480 hours standby

* Screens: 480 x 240 pixel TFT external & internal

* Digital Camera: 2 megapixel camera and camcorder

* Storage: ~185MB internal + microSD (8GB max)

* Special: external touch screen and mobile tv

* Others: Bluetooth 1.2 + Stereo Speakerphone

* Price: $299 with a new 2-year contract

I have also heard its with Inbuilt GPS. the browser of this was concern and bluetooth1.2 still make u feel bad about such costly and highly over rated handset.

VOYAGER_Open_1_ge_lr.jpg

lg-vx10000-vs-lg-vx9900.jpg

lg-voyager-vs-lg-env.jpg

VOYAGER_Open_1_ge_lr.jpg

lg-voyager-qwerty-keyboard.jpg

VX10000 Voyager Spec Sheet

voyagersheet3.jpg

voyagersheet4.jpg

I have long felt the need for full QWERTY keyboard phone for taking quick notes. LG 9800 doesn't allow that, you can't type full notes in that, only character limited notes. If this handset allows that, then maybe it will be worth it.

But I am sure RM will kill whatever sales it might have by pricing it outrageously.

All LG handsets are indeed craps. Instead buying PPCs are much better option. But TREO is the best, if you are looking for full querty key board. and max utility.

LG joins hands with Reliance Retail to sell new CDMA handsets

21 Aug, 2008, 1816 hrs IST, PTI

NEW DELHI: Consumer durables major LG has entered into an arrangement with Reliance Retail for retailing of its latest CDMA handset.

The newly launched LG-10,000 handset would be available at Reliance exclusive stores and retail outlets across the country, in the price range of Rs 22,000 to Rs 25,000, LG said in a statement.

The company is touting the new handset model as a unique blend of multimedia and business user applications.

"This handset is the first of its kind from LG, dedicated to our CDMA customers and is of special interest to their business needs. With features like the full touch screen, QWERTY keypad, HTML enables browser and Push and Pull mail, it is the most ideal phone in this segment," LG Country Head (CDMA) Steve Koh said.

Consumer durables major LG has entered into an arrangement with Reliance Retail for retailing of its latest CDMA handset

Its really interesting since Retail belongs to Mukesh Ambani.

Hope the handset is open market.

^^^

Yes my dear Kesav actually we all are eagerly waiting for open market handsets which can be used with Reliance.

Regards.

reliance will start taking foreign ESN after their GSM services launch, its just what i am sensing not officially or leaked though :D

TechGadgets India

August 21, 2008

Partnering with Reliance India Mobile, LG has announced the launch of its latest mobile phone, called LG10000, in India. This touchscreen handset flaunts its unique blend of multimedia and business user applications, supporting CDMA connectivity.

Glittering in black color shade, the latest mobile phone not only shows off its touchscreen interface but also possess a QWERTY keypad. This dual application gives easy access to various functionalities such as Office Mail for Corporate Mail Access (Push Mail through Microsoft Server, Pull Mail ~ IMAP and POP3), HTML support and high speed internet connectivity.

Some of the other important attributes of the LG10000 phone include MP3 player, a 2.8-inch LCD display, a 2.0 megapixel camera with video recorder, expandable memory up to 8 GB, a MPEG 4 video and dual stereo speakers and an external memory card of 1 GB.

Steve Koh, country head of LG CDMA, explained, “This handset is the first of its kind from LG dedicated to our CDMA customers and is of special interest to their business needs. With features like the Full Touch screen, QWERTY KEYPAD, HTML enables browser, Push & Pull Mail, it is the most ideal phone in this segment. We aim to give our customers the ultimate accessory to enhance their business and personal lives and ensure them the maximum productivity possible. We have launched the LG Voyager with similar features in the US markets, and have seen the exceptional response and product satisfaction experienced by customers. The LG 10000 is another addition in our endeavor to constantly evolve and give our customers in India the latest in technology, while keening our products as user-friendly and attractive as possible.”

The included battery allows a continuously operational life of up to 240 minutes (talk time) and up to 480 hours stand-by time. Internal memory of the phone includes a call memory of up to 270 calls and Phonebook Memory of up to 1000 entries with 4 phone numbers, two email ids, Picture ID and Ringer ID.

LG10000 dual application phone is available at the Reliance Exclusive stores and retail outlets across the country. It carries a price tag of Rs 22,000 - 25,000.

hey this handset is with EVDO technology....!

Consumer durables major LG has entered into an arrangement with Reliance Retail for retailing of its latest CDMA handset

Its really interesting since Retail belongs to Mukesh Ambani.

Hope the handset is open market.

100% Open market handsets in CDMA is still not possible, technically. MMS and WAP will surely not work. This is limitation of implementation.

reliance will start taking foreign ESN after their GSM services launch, its just what i am sensing not officially or leaked though :D

Hopefully.

As usual, CC does not have any information about it.. Any word guys on when will be officially launched and its price?

9800 has been launched early only!10000 bucks for that crap!

Yes my dear friends, LG RD9800 is not worth the money at all.

Regards.

does LG RD 10000 / voyager have FM

does LG RD 10000 / voyager have FM

Obviously it should have, but not sure

Big AD in TOI Bangalore on the 29th os Sep with all features & no price..

Rs. 25000 is very steep for this instrument.

Cultivating that trust factor in such phones will be difficult after the LG 9800 debacle.

Ppl will think, soon this too will come down to Rs. 15000 level..

Treo 755P is better when we comapare with the price of LG9800

I don't find any valid reason to buy LG CDMA handset at such a higher price.

My HTC S720 is giving me very good battery back up which I think LG will never be comparable.

Useless phone when priced so high..

However, excited & loaded Reliance users will think about it since this probably is the 1st touch screen phone introduced by RComm.

They may not have access to RimWeb - as the hidden treasures of the world are right here.

I think reliance without RIMWEB is useless.