Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Mogul Latest Basic Rom 3.56.651.0 Radio 3.42.02

@mehul

I dont think that is a hardware issue; try resetting your device and try again; I personally feel that keyboard light is not of any great use, unless u work in total darkness; otherwise, I think a hard reset will solve ur problem...

@situ

nice to hear ur problem is solved...

I have just checked and the qwerty keyboard light is working JUST FINE with this rom; kindly note that this backlight has got a light sensor and will not come up if ambient life is good; it will automatically come up as soon as the ambient light falls below a auto set level (like in a dark room);

Actually it doesn't work in mine either. Since I don't use the keyboard I haven't noticed it before but I saw it now. If you keep your finger over the sensor, the backlight should come up right? It doesn't when I tried. Moreover if I disable/uncheck the option for the auto sensor (Settings > Buttons > Backlight tab), the backlight should show whenever the keyboard slides, but it doesn't for me even when the auto sensor is switched off. It looks like many users are experiencing this issue when I Googled for it.

edit: just saw mufaddal's reply above which echoes the same, but backlight doesn't work at all for me :(

Gmail through IMAP on WM 6.1

Have we discussed this before. If yes, please provide me the link of discussion topic.

If not, here is the query. How do I configure Gmail (IMAP) on WM 6.1?

Under messaging, I can see only two options viz SMS and Set up E-Mail. When I press set up E-Mail, it takes me ActiveSync email folders which I can't delete or edit.

Can anybody throw any light on this. How can I configure Gmail IMAP under messaging?

yes its a well known problem ...infact even if u watch review videos of htc mogul..u will see the reviewer pointing out this flaw

it has nothing to do with roms ....it works at times and doesnt work rest of times ..

if u r lucky enough it will work for you .

on my device as well the keyboard doesnt lit up many times ..

@arun

let me tell u how it will work; no, it will not work by keeping finger over sensor; go to a pitch black room (I create that atmosphere by covering my mogul completely with both hands and my face on top, LOL); switch on, then slide keyboard, and then after a brief delay, keyboard lights up.... somehow it worked for me...

@mehul

for enabling imap, read this topic - https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=78886

Mobile Outlook...

A lot of experimentation is going on today and I just realised that after upgrading to WM 6.1, from the Office - Outlook has disappeared.....

Can you guys see it in your office folder?

I can't set up my GMAIL IMAP. In fact, I am not getting any add new account option.... :( So wiered.

I will share screen shots soon.

In mogul with wm6.1, u need to click the hardware button on top or the email button in HTC Home (if u have installed that as per my instructions) and u will open the Messaging Home Page; here you will need to setip an email account or enter an already setup email account (if u have setup one before); setup the new imap configured email account as per instructions given in the google help link I provided u earlier and download all your mail once again from the google server, and u are done....

hi Guys

@Dakaile & Hetal dp

Guys please help me little bit ! in HP_ Rel_cab file there is no username and password ! so now when i am tying to connect internet that time it says please check ur username and password ! and i cant connect to internet from last three days !

there is three option username, password and domain something missing from there ?

please help me guys as possible ! b'coz u cant imagine mogul without internet :(

Regards

Shyam

If the username and password is not there, then edit the connection which u want to use and edit/feed manually...

To edit - Start-Settings-Connections-Connections-Advanced-Select Networks-from the top drop down box select appropriate connection like My ISP-edit-phone as modem-edit-next-#777-next-enter the UTS@relianceinfo.com username and appropriate password-finish

thats it, u shud connect now...

hi guys !

thanx for u r reply Dakaile !

:signthankspin:

but i dont know what i did and net comes again :D

lets enjoy !

Regards

Shyam

What is BC SMS option? It comes under Phone>Menu>Options>Services

Is it Blind Copy for sms like we have in CC and BCC in emails?

When i was using ROM Ver. 3.16.651.0 & Radio 3.27.00, I didn't have any problem with locking GPS Satellites.

After I upgraded my Mogul using original Sprint ROM 3.56.651.0 & Radio 3.42.02, I have problem with my GPS..

My Garmin XT can't lock Satellites anymore.. Always keep searching...

What should I do? I've already install HP_GPS.cab from page 1, but still can't lock the satellites..

why wud u require garmin xt when u are using mogul; there is something wrong in the way u are connecting; use it on google maps and if that connects then there is something wrong with your program and not the phone...

why wud u require garmin xt when u are using mogu

u dont require garmin bluetooth reciever ...u can use garmin xt s/w for navigation on your mogul using inbuilt gps .

make sur eu go out in open to acquire lock ...even i fail to get lock oa lot of times indoors

Hi,

I recentlyl hardreset my Mogul and had backed up PIM data with the help of Resco and PIM Back up.

However, after hardreset, I added gmail and yahoo IMAP accounts and after that I tried to restore my SMS through PIM Backup restore option. To my surprise, it is not recognising director structure (folder structure) and no SMS is backing up. All other PIM data are backed up but no SMS.

Similar thing happened with Resco. It did indicate that it has restored the things, but nothing got restored.

Any suggestions guys? I need to retrive my SMS.

U should have restored data before loading any new settings; hence directory structure will not be changed; try selective restore by unclicking any mail accounts and try restoring only text messages through pimbackup; if that fails, u might need to hard reset once again to recover ur sms's...

My Phones' battery congs up in just half a day... it has been happening since the past 2-3 weeks... dont know what might be the problem... the battery just comes down within just 20-25 mins of calls... then when i plug it to my PC for charging, it shows a full charge in just 45-60 mins... it was not the case a few months back..

In a PC my mogul was taking atleast 3-4 hrs for a full charge from 5% charge...

Is it possible that i might have to change my battery?

Try switching off phone, remove battery, press power button for 30 seconds, reinsert battery and restart & recharge fully; if problem persists u may have to buy a new battery from ebay usa....

http://cgi.ebay.com/OEM-HTC-MOGUL-BATTERY-...%3A1|240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.com/OEM-HTC-for-Mogul-PPC-...%3A1|240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.com/OEM-HTC-BATTERY-FOR-MO...%3A1|240%3A1318

Try switching off phone, remove battery, press power button for 30 seconds, reinsert battery and restart & recharge fully; if problem persists u may have to buy a new battery from ebay usa....

http://cgi.ebay.com/OEM-HTC-MOGUL-BATTERY-...%3A1|240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.com/OEM-HTC-for-Mogul-PPC-...%3A1|240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.com/OEM-HTC-BATTERY-FOR-MO...%3A1|240%3A1318

Dear Dhiraj,

Hi, Is it okay to purchase accesories (battery or others) from ebay or other online sites like Sedieo/HTC Depot. Have you ever tried, Is it reliable? What about customs and all. Please help, if you have any idea.

Regards

Tarun

@greatest

ur phone is showing typical signs of battery wearing out ...time for u to change ur battery

ebay is a reliable place to get oem batteries ...u can even order extended batteries ...

i had ordered one for my htc touch a yr back ...i didnt have any custom hassles

In a PC my mogul was taking atleast 3-4 hrs for a full charge from 5% charge...

Its always suggested to use chargers for regular charging.

USB power at times is not enough for charging.

i have original HTC batteries if u want :)

Let me know.

What is the cost of extended battery of touch in e bay?now a days we can get new ones from our Sadikk bro also.no hessel of importing from a foreign source.

@tarun

if sadikk can get them for u, nothing like it.... he will be most reliable for us guys; however there is no problem in getting stuff below 100$ from ebay; I have got at least 15-20 items from US, hong kong, singapore, australia, china etc. without any problems and at very good deals; batteries are a good bet; I have also got ipod shuffle, seinheisser headphones, htc batteries etc. etc... no probs...

@dkaile, i did as u said (removing batt and pressing power button for 30 sec., and again restarting), and voila... my battery came up from 5% to 80%... I dont know how does this work, but now let me make a few calss and see if it does not happen again...

@Doc, I think i shall ask apna sadikkbhai...

Thanks as always guys...!!

@tarun

if sadikk can get them for u, nothing like it.... he will be most reliable for us guys; however there is no problem in getting stuff below 100$ from ebay; I have got at least 15-20 items from US, hong kong, singapore, australia, china etc. without any problems and at very good deals; batteries are a good bet; I have also got ipod shuffle, seinheisser headphones, htc batteries etc. etc... no probs...

Dear Dhiraj,

Thanks for guidance. I had already asker Sadik bhai, but he is not importing, what I need, i.e A Seidio Black Hard Case for Mogul. If he can get me one, it will be my pleasure.

Are you here Sadik Bhai ?....

Tarun