u dont need to reinstall rom

just do follwoing

use total commander

copy file htc_cm_guardian.exe to windows directory

it will ask to overwrite ..

thats all

now delete sprint settings and reboot

and install relmobileworld/netconnect cab files and u r good to go

Hey even after copying/moving the blank HTC_CM_guardian.exe file to windows folder, the size of the file remains 8.9 KB and whenever I delete the sprint settings, it comes back once again..

I have tried copying/moving the blank file to windows folder atleast 10 times but no luck..

What cud be the problem?

^^^

sprint settings will come again if htc guardian file is there ...thats the purpose of it

make sure the file is HTC _CM_Guardian.exe and not .exe.txt

Arre bhale manus,

- You have to first make a 0 byte empty text file by clicking right click button in windows explorer - then NEW - then select Text Document; GOT IT;

- and then rename it HTC_CM_Guardian.exe; got it i.e. meaning the file will in fact be a empty text file but you would have renamed it HTC_CM_Guardian.exe

- Then copy this file to your memory card; then replace this file in windows folder in the PPC by Total Commander and then check that now the bytes of this file are 0 (ZERO); then reboot; then delete Sprint Dialer; then set Rel_Mobile_World OR Rel_NetConnect as default connection; then reboot again; then IT WILL WORK........

GOT IT... U BETTER...

Edited by dkaile

Thanks a lot Mr. Muffadal & Dhiraj Sir..

Finally its done..

I did a mistake, instead of moving it in \winodws I was copying it to storage card\windows :P

Well, how to activate Rworld portal? How can I browse the relaince mobile world portal?

Also let me know how to set .MP3 or .WMA tones as ringtones ?

is it a2dp

I am try this nokia bluetooth headset with nokia 6275 i am successfully listen music from 6275 when i am use this headset with mogul i am unable to listen music through bluetooth headset even i am not found the option to play through bluetooth headset in my mogul

could someone pls help me with detailed "how to" to upload reliance.prl by QPST programming (i guess thats what i need to do to remove the roaming icon and get the connection display to "reliance" instead of "sprint").for HTC6800 i bought from sadikk and had to be "hard reset"...i have absolutly no idea how to do it .

any latest rom for htc touch currently i am in HTC WM6.1 RevA LBS Update – Version 3.03.651.4 , any customised rom with reliance setting please , thannks in adavance

There are so many 6.5 roms that are not carrier specific that can be found. If you have reliance already installed, you dont need to do any programming.

@tanveer,

I know u r using a win mob 6.5... could u pls share ur experience and also a link from where uve got it will be appreciated...

Thanks...

I download these from ppcgeeks.

Performance wise I wont say there is a great difference, rather they are memory hungry.

The looks and styles are different and the overall feel is good.

bbsandkm cooks some good roms on ppcgeeks.

If you want 6.1 roms, I would suggest either DCD (4.1.2) or one of the nueroms

Check here for more

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57

The first post here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67673 has the WinMo 6.5 version 21278.

Stable and snappy, give it a shot if you like.

Edited by tanveer

i prefer no2chem roms ..

Make another reliance mobile world connection in the sprint connection. Click it to use and not set it to autopick. This works fine. I've just formatted my phone and done this again. I've not deleted gardian file and stuff.

Thanks tanveer.!!

Using original rom with Spb Mobile Shell 3.0 as posted by doc muf and phone is working like a charm. Photo Contacts Dialling is very good and highly customisable in this shell, with very nice touch flo system. Only memory usage is slightly high but no major issues faced, because of that. Using regularly Google Maps, Facebook application, cE Twit, Active Sync to Google Server.

So getting a little bored without a CHALLENGE (nothing goes wrong in this rom). Looking forward to cracking Pre... Just had a look at the new Samsung Phone with 8MP camera and Touch System - one of ther lousiest 25K phones I have seen; Dont anybody go for it;

^^^ wat a way to start and end the conversation.. :)

I am facing a problem whenever i change to original rom. Now it is more irritating. When my phone goes out of range for more than 3 mins sometimes it hangs or it will not return to range even if in enough range. ANd i cant swith off the radio signal. Doing that hangs the phone. Every time i have to reset the phone. Anybody facing this. I have not faced like this in HP Roms. Whenever i switched to this original i am facing this. First time i neglected it as a small problem. But nowadays i hav to travel a lot so it is so irritating

^^^

yup i have faced this problem on my mogul a lot of times on sprint original roms specially when i m travelling ....the phone if out of range it wudnt come back to range and i had to reset ...

i overcomd that problem by loading reliance international prl file , the one we used in palm treo ..since then atleast while travelling my mogul used to work properly ...

it somehow worked for me ...

^^^

yup i have faced this problem on my mogul a lot of times on sprint original roms specially when i m travelling ....the phone if out of range it wudnt come back to range and i had to reset ...

i overcomd that problem by loading reliance international prl file , the one we used in palm treo ..since then atleast while travelling my mogul used to work properly ...

Thanks Dr.

BTw can u post the prl file here or give me a download link

I faced problem in my resent trip. It did not latch on in Hong Kong. I had updated my prl. I kept my phone off. I tried using WiFi and it did not work too. When I was back in India, there were problems. Phone was too slow, it was not responding. I formatted the phone and it's going great now. I think there's no issue with the original ROM. I still don't know what happened. (I guess it wanted to connect to 3G but didn't know how? hahahaha)

^^^

Thanks Dr.

BTw can u post the prl file here or give me a download link

Have you changed your spc to 000000? If not then send prl to 53733. If yes the follow as Dr. says.

Question asked by Bhavin Shah -

hey, i need some help in starting internet on my phone, specially for emails:

1. how do i connect to internet (kindly provide link in forum)

2. can i use the outlook email on the phone, if yes then can the same be synced with MICROSOFT OUTLOOK on my PC

3. What internet plan is ideal - i have around 100 mails in and out in a day.

4. what is the speed of internet

thanks... sorry for asking this question but i didnt understand the technical language - i need something in layman language...

1. The procedure for connecting internet on HTC 6800 or HTC 6900 (Touch) is absolutely same. So I suggest u read the relevant pasrts in this post for setting up internet - http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?show...15023&st=85 . U will have to load the 3 reliance cab file and after that follow instructions in Anupes posts (in quotes) to replace HTC_CM Guardian.exe file with a blank dummy file (if that has not already been done by your phone provider). Then delete Sprint default connection. U will find Reliance connections have been created under connections. You can then set your required default connection. You can use Rel Netconnect connection for charges @60p/minute or u can use Reliance Mobile World connection (with or without proxy - try both whichever connects; in my case both are working) for charges @ 10p/10kb download charges.

2. U can use Outlook email on the phone and same can be synced Microsoft Outlook on PC. There must be thousands of posts on the internet for the procedure. Just google around on Microsoft help website or read ur users manual.

3. Reliance has got very ****ty internet plans on prepaid and I dont find any plan ideal. They have introduced 99/- and 199/- but data download charges are extra on both. So I personally use on the go and pay charges as detailed in point 1 above. In postpaid they do have some plans but u will have to contact CC for that.

4. Speed of internet is ok types for general browsing, but dont expect broadband speeds. Max. speed available is 128kbps. Internet on phone is still on 1x network and not on EVDO like through their Broadband USB Modems.

i used this

@ Muffaddal and Dheeraj

Thanks for the file and info and i have updated my prl with this with a 1 day usage no problem found i will update here

Edited by jabir

@vishal

the prl update by sending prl to 53733 is working on your phone because you have used the es* and min of an original reliance phone (in your case a ppc 6700) and also you are using the spc corresponding to that es*. It will not work for all of us as we are using the data from a ruim. It can work only if used from a existing old reliance handset (as also was being done by kshah on his 6700 where he was using data from a lg). Then you are also able to change handset no. simply by using a HCC or asking the WW to change your no.