Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
arnuld

Nokia Cdma Recommendations

I want to purchase a NOKIA CDMA handset, as I am tired of these cheap quality 1000/- or 1700/- handsets ( ZTE C335, Samsung Raaga e.g.) . I want to go to NOKIA show room and by the one. Before I go, I want to hear some recommendations. I need these features:

1) Colored

2) Polyphonic Tones

3) Hand-Free

4) budget 6K

5) Good battery backup

6) Bluetooth (great :) but optional)

I do not want heavy features like camera, extra memory, mp3 player etc. I want a simple and basic phone. All I heard of is NOKIA 1325 but its keypad not good.

Any other recommendations ?

Edited by arnuld

NOKIA 6088

but beware of poor services. you phone will take minimum 3 weeks for repair.

MY DEAR GO FOR SPICE C-810 ITS A VERY COOL HANDSET. WITH LOTS N LOTS OF GOOD FEATURE. THE BEST PART IS ITS BATTERY BACKUP.ITS REALLY DAMN GOOD. I USUALLY CHARGE MY PHONE 2-3 DAYS AFTER. CAN TALK UPTO 10HRS AFTER ONE FULL CHARGE.

Arnuld, I have read most of your posts, I think the problems which you are facing are more related to network than to these handsets, just check which service provider is the best and switch over to that, It can not necessarily be a CDMA service provider.

As far as CDMA is concerned I have both a Reliance and Tata connection, The Reliance phone works very well on a LG 3000, I am more than satisfied, for the TATA connection I have a Huwaei 2905 which is also pretty good.

As far as Nokia is concerned they are good as far as GSM is concerned, but they lag behind in CDMA, the Best Nokia phone in this category the NOKIA 6275, battery s-ucks, Infact some of these so called 1000 rupees phones are worth thier money in the CDMA range.

I can understand you have wasted so much time and money buying these cheap phones and you are now getting frustrated and would want to settle for a good branded phone, but please check for network related problems, before you settle for a handset.

All the very best brother

Edited by CUPIDON

Arnuld, I have read most of your posts, I think the problems which you are facing are more related to network than to these handsets, just check which service provider is the best and switch over to that, It can not necessarily be a CDMA service provider.

You are right in saying problems are related to Service Providers. From what I have experienced. GSM companies make much better handsets at cheap prices and service providers are also better. CDMA has cheap handsets, expansive rates if something is good and worst possible service. They have so much customer base because of Tariffs I think. I have TATA Indicom only because I can make free STD call to any TATA all over India for 496/- of recharge.

As far as CDMA is concerned I have both a Reliance and Tata connection, The Reliance phone works very well on a LG 3000, I am more than satisfied, for the TATA connection I have a Huwaei 2905 which is also pretty good.

I had LG RD3600, which was as good as Samsung Raaga but both of them have pathetic UI. Never bought Huwaei.. so can't say.

As far as Nokia is concerned they are good as far as GSM is concerned, but they lag behind in CDMA, the Best Nokia phone in this category the NOKIA 6275, battery s-ucks, Infact some of these so called 1000 rupees phones are worth thier money in the CDMA range.

I think you are right here. Thanks for teaching me this secret :signthankspin:

I can understand you have wasted so much time and money buying these cheap phones and you are now getting frustrated and would want to settle for a good branded phone, but please check for network related problems, before you settle for a handset.

All the very best brother

Thanks for the kind words. from Your secret, I think I have finally made the decision. . I will keep on using these simple 1000 or 2000 rupees phones. I don't give a F**K about bluetooth anymore. I will spend those extra 4000/- on some thing better, like buying some insurance for my family.

hello

for tata indicom, huawei c 2605 is very good...c 2601 is also good...05 has 60% more battery capacity than 01....i am using c 2601 ....my feeling is that huawei is doing real groundwork to survive against nokia's and samsung's...

hello

for tata indicom, huawei c 2605 is very good...c 2601 is also good...05 has 60% more battery capacity than 01....i am using c 2601 ....my feeling is that huawei is doing real groundwork to survive against nokia's and samsung's...

Both don't fit my description , neither of them are colored and have hand-free. See at the TATA Indicom web-site itself