Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chandannasta

Quad Core

Guys I want to buy a system. Which 1 I should go in for quad core or core 2 duo. I just want to play as many games upcoming in future as I can, download songs and movies and do some office work thats all.

1. If I should purchase quad core as per yr suggestions then y and how many years it will last.

2. If I buy core 2 duo as per yr suggestions then y and how many years it will last

3. I need the prices at the side for whatever u suggest indian price as I am going to go to lamington rd and buy in Mumbai.

4. Should I buy assembled computer or should I just buy the parts and assemble it at home.

5. Please let me know all the parts that are required to make up a computer say for core 2 duo or quad core.

6. Till now I have saved 20,000 and every month I am still saving 2 to 3000 rs. So my budget will be uptp 25-30k. If you people suggest me a nice configuration then I will try to save more which could help me in buying a good system which can last for more longer years.

7. Please suggest me the best video card for gaming?

Chandan,

1 - You can purchase either Quad Core or Core 2 Duo as their is not so much difference.

2 - It is electronics, so no one can say about lasting.

3 - Lamington or Redington?

4 - Forget about assembling yourself, buy it pre-assembled. I will suggest you to assemble it infront of yourself by a proffessional.

5 - Case/Cabinet with Power Supply / Processor / Mainboard / Memory / Hard Disk / DVD Writer / Monitor / KeyBoard / Mouse

6 - Best Option as for my opinion will be : Core 2 Duo / Intel original 945 series Motherboard / 1GB(512+512) Memory(Hyundai) / PATA from Seagate (Size as per your requirements) / LG DVD Writer / LG Monitor

7 - Buy ATI PCI Express Graphics Card (Not sure of which model, but atleast with 256/512MB Video Memory)

Edited by dhenkuu

Go for M3 Board Series of Asus with AMD Phenom Quadcore 9550 with ATI 4850 Graphics Card

Board @ 5000

Proessor @ 8500

Graphics Card @ 9000 with 512 mb DDR3 Ram

RAM should 2 or 4 GB atleast 800 mhz

Western Digital Cavier 250 GB with 16 mb Buffer

I am already using this and the Performance is Just Fantastic using with Vista Ultimate Editons

Go for M3 Board Series of Asus with AMD Phenom Quadcore 9550 with ATI 4850 Graphics Card

Board @ 5000

Proessor @ 8500

Graphics Card @ 9000 with 512 mb DDR3 Ram

RAM should 2 or 4 GB atleast 800 mhz

Western Digital Cavier 250 GB with 16 mb Buffer

I am already using this and the Performance is Just Fantastic using with Vista Ultimate Editons

Hmmm...... really professional.....

Edited by dhenkuu

Suggest me the best motherboard and best processor even if its costly say abot 25k. As processor is said to be the heart of computer

Guys I would like to know the price for all these things individually.

1. AMD Phenom X4 9850 Processor 2.5ghz true quad core design, 4.0MB total L2+L3 cache, Socket AM2+

2. Gigaybyte S series motherboard GA-MA78GM-S2H, supports AMD AM2+Phenomtm/AM2 Athlontm 64 series processors

3. LG 22X SUPER MULTI DVD REWRITER 22X 8.5 gb

4. Transcend ddr2 800mhz 2gb ram

5. Seagate barracuda 500gb hard disk

5. 1 ats cabinet with 400 watts power supply.

Guys, I had bought the whole set of above configuration for 34,500. So i went and fought with that guy and the settlement came to 22,000 and I received my cash 12000 back. Guys I am providing some contact numbers for you people if you want to purchase or inquire about some computer parts prices at lamington rd or the computer configuration whichever u want.

Use vista 64Bit and go for 4GB ram

looks like u already brought entire system.

u may need a good powersupply (I recomennd cooler master >500w)

depending on graphics card and number of HDD and u are going to use

For 24/7 internet download use a low power system (like Asus eeebox or MSI wind PC)

Edited by ss_rakesh

^^^

MY dear Chandan if you are having a Graphics Card in your system then 400 Watt Power Supply is not sufficient as Graphics Cards are very Power Hungry. And if you are using your system without Graphics card then their's no problem with it.

And if you are planning to purchase a Graphics Card also in the near future, then also you must change the Power Supply now only. As later on you will not get any refund for your 400 Watt Power Supply. Request the guy from whom you had purchased the system and change the Power Supply.

Regards.

I think its enough. HP whats ur take on 400 Watts PS ??

If u are using Integrated graphics for now 400w is more than enough

Look at the graphics card manufactor website , they will recomend ideal power supply

Also goto http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp and enter your system config and u can see PS required online

If u are using Integrated graphics for now 400w is more than enough

Look at the graphics card manufactor website , they will recomend ideal power supply

Also goto http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp and enter your system config and u can see PS required online

Rakesh, I am unable to locate certain parts of my system like I don know the fansize, the cooling system, many things I dont know. If I post my dxdiag information over here and msconfig report will u be able to check the amount of power supply I need.

I use 500W SMPS which come inbuilt with Odyssey Cabinet, I alwasy Rely on Odyssy as Indian Brand for Server and Gamming PC or Antec as International Brand.

I use 500W SMPS which come inbuilt with Odyssey Cabinet, I alwasy Rely on Odyssy as Indian Brand for Server and Gamming PC or Antec as International Brand.

Guys how to find if its original or duplicate smps

@Chandan

This is tell that ur copy of window is not legal so buy original version of window

Vijay I paid My technician 1250 rs to install vista os and to assemble my system. He said to me he has installed the crack. Now I have installed antivirus and nero and every program into it. If I install reinstall a operating system that means everything will vanish right the programs I have installed alreday. Cant it be possible to just activate it withoutr reinstalling it so that I don loose my installed programs also and the os gets activated. Can you let me know how to enter the pk for it

That is illegal and not allowed to be discussed here as far as I know

Chandan u can find the trick by just searching through Google.

And Austin if you or anyone else is interested to help Chandan, u can do it by PM too. Bcoz that is not illegal here.

Edited by Asit

My dear friends, discussing illegal stuff through PM also is illegal on our beloved forum. :banned2:

So do it at your own risk as PM too can be watched by the Mods and Admins if the reasons are solid enough. :death:

And if any member found voilating the rules of the forum then his / her membership could be disabled permanently.

Regards.

My dear friends, discussing illegal stuff through PM also is illegal on our beloved forum. :banned2:

So do it at your own risk as PM too can be viewed by the Mods and Admins if the reasons are solid enough. :death:

And if any member found voilating the rules of the forum then his / her membership could be disabled permanently.

Regards.

Honest can I provide my email address. They can email me on chandan_nasta2001@yahoo.com and enter the subject Windows Vista help. Honest as I am not so good at computers thats y I asked. I don mean to hurt of offend any 1 over here. So please don ban any 1 for my question please.

^^^

Ok my dear Chandan, those who want to help you in this matter can email you at your mentioned mail address.

Regards.

So do it at your own risk as PM too can be watched by the Mods and Admins if the reasons are solid enough. :death:

Regards.

Sorry Kamalji, will never repeat it in future.

^^^^

What is legal and what is illegal - what is the definition of this in our country....

If we go strictly by law, even discussing or uploading mp3 tunes is ILLEGAL, even discussing ES* Hacks is ILLEGAL, even posting Newspaper references without their specific permission is ILLEGAL....

If u want to go strictly by the book, then I think we should close this forum....

Edited by dkaile

@dkaile:

Posting cracks for pirated softwares can pull the site administrator to more trouble than posting mp3 ringtones or posting news articles without permission. There are piracy investigation agencies that scour the internet for distribution of illegal softwares. So you need to think practically about the rules to follow.