Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajendra.jindal

Nokia India - Cheating Case

I had purchased the nokia 6275 handset from TATA INDICOM head office, NAGPUR. As their was a software problem on my phone i gave the phone to the nokia care centre i.e. ANURAG MARKETING on 2nd may 2008 .due to the mistake done by the nokia care technicians they flashed the RELIANCE software instead of TATA INDICOM software. when i saw and told them, after 2 -3 hrs they told that the phone is DEAD and they will have to send the phone to the NOKIA head office.

With the help of TATA INDICOM Maharashtra Goa Circle CEO my case process was in priority basis .When the phone came from the head office i was told to collect the phone when i went and saw the phone, once again the samething happened i got a phone with RELIANCE software i told the manager that once again the Technicians of NOKIA HEAD OFFICE had done mistake .Then my phone went to the head office once again and i got a swapped phone on 26th may 2008.when i asked the service manager of anurag marketing to give me the proof that the company has issued this phone to me in written, He told me that all the updates about my phone have been done in the system. Also i asked the nokia officials about this by e-mail, they told that they cannot tell the IMEI number of the phone issued to me but the phone given by nokia care centre is the right one.

Now after 2 months of phone swapping many problems came in the phone i.e. speakers are not working, vibrate function is not working, Phone gets hanged up etc.on 2nd august 2008, I went to the same nokia care centre i.e. anurag marketing and told the manager,Mr.anurag wade about my problem, he behaved badly, and talked with me rudely. When i saw the warranty status of my swapped phone, the nokia careline Internet site was showing the phone is OUT OF WARRANTY and i came to Know that the warranty of the swapped phone expired on 27th may 2008 just 1 day after the phone was given to me and no changes were made on the system.

As the company has not given me the proof of swapped phone, now company is asking for the proof of the swapped phone.

As i contacted nokia careline they told me to send the copy of bill to the Bangalore office. They received the bill on 20th august . As they received the bill their behavior changed. Nokia executives are saying that they cannot do anything for my case.

The main reason behind the ignorance is that the NOKIA COMPANY has CHEATED me by giving the FAULTY phone and now they are not ready to do anything for my case.

RAJENDRA JINDAL

Nagpur (maharashtra)

E-mail- rajendra.jindal@rediffmail.com

Yes, your only option is to take them to a consumer court. You have a strong case and can claim all kinds of compensation, besides refund with intrest.

Nokia India sux... I have had a very bad experience with them myself... with a brand new phone. Just avoid their products... there are better options available anyway...

hi,

This is not the case of one company... usually all MNC and Indian cmpanies take customers for granted, most of the indian consumer doesnt know their right and secondly our lazy and lacklustre judicial system, even if the consumer goes in court, delay in arriving of the order act as barrier to pursue the case.

Its high time , consumer in india demand their rightful right for "consumer service and satisfaction" else be ready for endless rollercoster ride by so called "customer care dept".

CHEERS

Just a small query when was the original phone bought?

ON 18 MARCH 2008

also send a strong email to support.services@nokia.com. when u call care line the call is answered by indian representative and u will never get proper response.

i had a bad time with nokia care and i emailed with job sheet number nokia care address to the above email id. after 2 days i got a call from nokia care manager where i gave my phone for service and he said he got a warning email from nokia head office asking him to solve my issue. i met the manager and he solved my issue... later the manager became my friend and he used to help me a lot for 6265 issues... but in my case the manager was a nice guy... all the best for u...

also send a strong email to support.services@nokia.com. when u call care line the call is answered by indian representative and u will never get proper response.

i had a bad time with nokia care and i emailed with job sheet number nokia care address to the above email id. after 2 days i got a call from nokia care manager where i gave my phone for service and he said he got a warning email from nokia head office asking him to solve my issue. i met the manager and he solved my issue... later the manager became my friend and he used to help me a lot for 6265 issues... but in my case the manager was a nice guy... all the best for u...

i mailed e-mail to the nokia executives many a time but always the person calls never helps me to solve my case

I bought nokia 6275 from reliance webstores.when I opened box battery was defective .nokia care took one month to replace the battery.again within a month key pad problem , again charging prblem, again software problem.Gave several times to nokiacare.Instead of solving they created new problems every time and finaly made my phone a dead phone.This all happened in just few months after purchaseing.When i finally asked them to replace with new phone after so many phone calls and email , they sent same old phone repaired and told same as replacement.

Nokia thinks consumers are fools,what ever they say people will accept.

Finally i went to consumer forum on decemer 2007.Hey friends nokia didnt even respond to court notice.when court sent second notice .nokia called me over phone and asked me to colloct new box from nokia care.

I asked them court karcha (for lawyer-5000 rupees )tera baap thega kya. since than case chalta raha for 9 months, expected to take more couple of months.So one full year consumer has to fight.

Hey friends i want to share one more point.one of my friend files case in forum and won the case.

Even if we win after one year we will lose. How see the calculations( these are my friends case)

cost of handset -Rs.11750 bought.

after winning the case court will either order company to replace the phone with new phone or refund with interest. it will order to pay compensation of around 3000-5000.Courst expenses of Rs .1000

By this time cost of the same model comes down to Rs.8,500.and definetly company will not refund but replaces the handset(because court gives option to company and not to consumer most of the times)

now see the calculation ;

Nokia loses : preset price of handset : Rs.8500+4000(compnesation average) + 1000(court expenses)=Rs.13500

Nokia gains :Rs.11750(intial purchase)+6000(interest for nearly 1 1/2 year on 11750) = 17500

Consumer loses :11750( initial purchase)6000(interest )+5000(lawer fee)+10,000(he has to visit atleast 20times spending atleast half day and travelling expenses and opportunity cost of spent time,however actuals will be much more than this)

Total Rs 26,500.

Consumer gains( only if he wins the case) : cost of replaced handset Rs8500+ compensation Rs4000 + court expenses Rs.1000 Total Rs.13500.

so looking at above calculations consumer loses Rs13000 and whole one year.and fighting case is also we have to undergo tension always.

and nokia company has its dedicated lawers for fighting cases and if loses the case fine which it pays is very minimum and doesnt effect much so they never change unless indian laws change.

I dont want dissoppoint forum members but myself is involved and just want dear freinds to be prepared for every thing.

^^^^

Thanks for your intelligent reply. I appreciate your calculations. I know all these happens because i am suffering from these problem.

So we should move further to wake up Indian citizens and tell them not to purchase nokia phones.

Those are intresting calculations... but I feel if you fight logically and forcefully, and if you get a good judge, you can usually get a refund... you should be able to present your case in that way! Also, you could claim other expenses like for travelling, loss of business/job/opportunity/etc, due to non-working phone. Cost of other handset you were forced to purchase, due to non-avalibility of the Nokia handset, etc., etc. I'm not saying you will be awarded all these expenses... it will depend on your ablity and luck...

Also, you should present those calculations in court... and emphasise how Nokia will still win in spite of the Indian consumer winning the case. It sure will help the judges to award the maximum penalty...

That said, Indian laws are way lame (and Nokia sure knows how to exploit that)... and customers too accepting. Unless these change, these things will continue. We can only make the best of the system we currently have... at least its better than just griping...

Edited by raccoon

After mailing to nokia executives many a times , one of the nokia executive called me 4 days back, he told me to give the details of the phone and the history of my case. So that he can assist me. He told me to mail the details to the nokia through e-mail . So i mailed the details (2 times till now). Now , 3 days are over, no one had called me till now. I think their is some internal fault of the company in my case.

Thats why they are neglecting my case. Till now in my 6 months of purchase i used the phone only for 3 months. Nokia gives warranty for the name only.it helps the customer to suffer a lot by purchasing its phone.

Dear friends,

Huge shock for me,

my case in consumer forum is now over.After one year fight with nokia in consumer court AND atleat 25 visits to consumer court. it is finally over.

Now the shock is order .Court directed the NOKIA to either Repair or replace and reimburse court expenses of Rs.2000(Two thousand rupees only).(I prayed for Rs.11750 handset cost + Rs25000/-for mental agony+Rs.50000/-for loss of business+ Rs.10000 court expenses)

Court did not order Nokia to pay any damages nor it did penalize and no court expenses .This is shocking .How come consumer court even support fraud MNC company.

I invested Rs.11,750 on march 2007 believe me I used for only 3 months.LAwyer fee Rs.5000/- and I gave 6times within warranty to nokia care. I am fighting in Consumer court since Dec 2008 and visited more than 25times.you can imagine my loss and expenditure.

After exactly one year of fight What i am getting is same stupid handset repaired( because I am sure nokia will not give replacement) and just Rs.2000 for expenses.

I didnot even get court expenses (Rs 5000).

Shame on Indian judicial system.I never again dare to go to consumer court in my life.Lost faith in judicial system.Despite all jobsheets,emails and solid proofs consumer court failed to do justice to consumer.

but it says JAGO GRAHAK JAGO. BUT I SAY JAGO CONSUMER COURT JAGO!!!!!!!!

HELLO FRIENDS,

AFTER A LONG TIME AND MY HARD WORK MADE NOKIA TO GIVE ME MY PHONE BACK.

SO THEY REPLACED MY HANDSET WITH A NEW ONE (BOXED PACK)

^^^

Congrats for the replacement my dear Rajendra. Enjoy with your new handset now.

But please avoid posting in CAPS.

so much hard work they made u do just to replace a nokia 6275 :Equivocado:

Dear friends,

Huge shock for me,

my case in consumer forum is now over.After one year fight with nokia in consumer court AND atleat 25 visits to consumer court. it is finally over.

Now the shock is order .Court directed the NOKIA to either Repair or replace and reimburse court expenses of Rs.2000(Two thousand rupees only).(I prayed for Rs.11750 handset cost + Rs25000/-for mental agony+Rs.50000/-for loss of business+ Rs.10000 court expenses)

Court did not order Nokia to pay any damages nor it did penalize and no court expenses .This is shocking .How come consumer court even support fraud MNC company.

I invested Rs.11,750 on march 2007 believe me I used for only 3 months.LAwyer fee Rs.5000/- and I gave 6times within warranty to nokia care. I am fighting in Consumer court since Dec 2008 and visited more than 25times.you can imagine my loss and expenditure.

After exactly one year of fight What i am getting is same stupid handset repaired( because I am sure nokia will not give replacement) and just Rs.2000 for expenses.

Shame on Indian judicial system.I never again dare to go to consumer court in my life.Lost faith in judicial system.Despite all jobsheets,emails and solid proofs consumer court failed to do justice to consumer.

I fully sympathise with you dear friend..

But maybe your compensation amount made the court think that ur trying to loot Nokia.

(Rs.11750 handset cost + Rs25000/-for mental agony+Rs.50000/-for loss of business+ Rs.10000 court expenses)

Probably the court might have asked you to justify such amounts on every front..

Anyways, but u still got a raw deal..

Members is there any 'Higher Consumer Court' thing?

In India, we have a 3 tier consumer court system.

Rank 3 - Lowest; Rank 1 - Highest

Rank 3 - District Forum

Rank 2 - State Commission

Rank 1 - Central/National Comission

Jurisdiction to try cases is as follows

District Forum - to entertain complaints where the value of the goods or services and the compensation, if any, claimed does not exceed rupees twenty lakhs

State Comission - to entertain complaints where the value of the goods or services and compensation, if any, claimed exceeds rupees twenty lakhs but does not exceed rupees one crore

Central/National Commission - to entertain complaints where the value of the goods or services and compensation, if any, claimed exceeds rupees one crore

Appeal can be made from Rank 3 to Rank 2 then Rank 1 as per the procedures listed in Consumer Protection Act, 1986. Following is the website which gives the detailed Act:

http://ncdrc.nic.in/1_1.html#_Hlk149660945

Edited by vanitanigoo

Dear friends,

Huge shock for me,

I fully sympathise with you dear friend..

But maybe your compensation amount made the court think that ur trying to loot Nokia.

(Rs.11750 handset cost + Rs25000/-for mental agony+Rs.50000/-for loss of business+ Rs.10000 court expenses)

Probably the court might have asked you to justify such amounts on every front..

Anyways, but u still got a raw deal..

Members is there any 'Higher Consumer Court' thing?

I had all solid proofs.Job sheets, email copy the number of time s I have sent and how many times they neglected my mail.

They didnt even reply to legal notice for a long time.Case has been postponed many times because their lawyer didnt turn up.

Court has ordered for court fee as Rs.2000.Now which lawer takes up case for damn 2000 Rs.

I paid 5000Rupees for lawyer.

my personal visit for 25 times.Some I had travel 30km+30km to attend the court.one litre petrol each time X25 times equals 1250Rupees

Some times I had to take leave whole day to attend the court around 6 times. 6 X 950Rupees (5700rupees) + other huge incentives. and I missed order closing calls i.ee direct business of around 50000 rupees.

and I suffered my personal business also

Now can mere 2000rupees compensation is justified.

My intetioned was not to loot Nokia.but such companies should be penalised heavily for harassing customers so that they will not do in future and They need not pay penalised amount to customer but same amount should be deposited to Govt. treasury and used for development purpose.

If customers experience like this with consumer forums.Will any one go for cosumer forum and waste their precious time and money for no gain.

Finally can anyone think, JUST FINING RS.2000 WILL EFFECT AND MAKE DIFFERENCE TO NOKIA.

Finally can anyone think, JUST FINING RS.2000 WILL EFFECT AND MAKE DIFFERENCE TO NOKIA.

Even 1 crore will not make any difference to NOKIA. :boxing::catfight:

Even I had a very bad experience in Malleshwaram Branch of Nokia Care (Huh.. there is only one service center for CDMA handsets in Bangalore as far, all the other Nokia care ppl informed).

The most irritating part was, I went for my camera problem, they told that it is a problem in Motherboard!!! I need to replace my mother board, later they told it will cost me 70% of the mobile where I am using Nokia 6265 16000Rs. It was a horrible experience. The manager and the supervisor both started treating me like an illetrate. The same dialog they have used with other guys too.

I was even ready to pay for the defect if any. But, they told it is irrepairable and to repair it, it will cost 70% of my mobile cost. I felt very anguish, went to my place (Trichy) and given for servicing there. They behaved very nicely, told that the phone connector strip (which is in between the movable slider) is damaged and the camera is also, gone, which they can replace if I am ready to pay them. I have paid 1350 Rs. for that and job is done.

I have mailed Nokia care and decided not to visit Nokia Care in Bangalore anymore and the reply asusual, they will inform and take care of such probs if any not to take place again in future.

Also, I will definitely switch to a better phone like HTC / Blackberry sooner or later, since such high end phones in CDMA market is very less.

Enough of probs with Nokia

--Mohu

Edited by mohu

Dear friends,

Huge shock for me,

Dear friends

Its been 9 months since court has ordered nokia to replace with new box.But till now there is no response from nokia.After 45 day I filed EA petition using a advocate again.Consumer forum is postponing the case with 20 days .Every time I have to attend the court spending time and money.

Problem is nokia is not even accepting the court notice .There is no reply or acknowledgement from postal department ( notice recieved or not accepting).They are managing the post man also this is what my advocate is telling and he says Nokia do alway like this .

And we know know our judicial sysem is totally useless.They cannot do any thing unless it recieves acknowledgement.They cannot take action on nokia or postal department for not returning acknowledgement in time.

FRIENDS THIS IS VERY SERIOUR PROBLEM.

Despite consumer forums order nokia is not obeying the order.Nokia is not respecting India judicial system.When it cannot respect the people , country and its judicial system, IT HAS NO RIGHT TO DO BUSINESS IN THIS COUNTRY.

IF THIS CONTINUES , ALL MNC COMPANIES DO THE SAME WAY.THEN NO BODY BELIEVES IN CONSUMER FORUMS.ALL CONSUMER RIGHTS ARE USLESS.

FRIENDS WE NEED TO SOMETHING IN THIS REGARD .PLEASE ADVICE ON THIS

Dear friends,

Huge shock for me,

Dear friends

Its been 9 months since court has ordered nokia to replace with new box.But till now there is no response from nokia.After 45 day I filed EA petition using a advocate again.Consumer forum is postponing the case with 20 days .Every time I have to attend the court spending time and money.

Problem is nokia is not even accepting the court notice .There is no reply or acknowledgement from postal department ( notice recieved or not accepting).They are managing the post man also this is what my advocate is telling and he says Nokia do alway like this .

And we know know our judicial sysem is totally useless.They cannot do any thing unless it recieves acknowledgement.They cannot take action on nokia or postal department for not returning acknowledgement in time.

FRIENDS THIS IS VERY SERIOUR PROBLEM.

Despite consumer forums order nokia is not obeying the order.Nokia is not respecting India judicial system.When it cannot respect the people , country and its judicial system, IT HAS NO RIGHT TO DO BUSINESS IN THIS COUNTRY.

IF THIS CONTINUES , ALL MNC COMPANIES DO THE SAME WAY.THEN NO BODY BELIEVES IN CONSUMER FORUMS.ALL CONSUMER RIGHTS ARE USLESS.

FRIENDS WE NEED TO SOMETHING IN THIS REGARD .PLEASE ADVICE ON THIS.We should not tolerate this anymore

It is horrible to read your story. I am really pained to read your story. Please do not stop your fight - I know you wont. Somehow I have been lucky that I have not come across such issues.

Ramesh I would really like to help you. But I do not know how? Anyway my heart is with you

HELLO FRIENDS,

THIS IS THE GREAT NEWS FOR ALL NOKIA HANDSET BUYERS AND USERS IN NAGPUR. WHENEVER ANYONE HAS A PROBLEM IN THEIR NEW HANDSET THEY JUST HAVE TO GO TO THE NOKIA CARE CENTRE IN NAGPUR AND SEE HOW THE GREAT TECHNICIANS WILL HELP YOU IN MAKING YOUR HANDSET DEAD.

IN LAST 1 MONTH, MY TWO FRIENDS HAD A SOFTWARE PROBLEM IN THEIR NEW NOKIA HANDSET, THEY WENT TO THE NOKIA PREMIUM SERVICE CENTRE i.e ANURAG MARKETING ,THEIR TECHNICIANS MADE THE PHONE DEAD IN JUST 1 HOUR AND SAID THEY WILL HAVE TO SEND IT TO LEVEL 3 SERVICE CENTRE. THEN AFTER 20 DAYS THEY GOT THEIR HANDSET BACK. AGAIN THEY FOUND THAT THE SAME PROBLEM CONTINUOUS. NOW THEY ARE AFRAID OF GOING TO NOKIA CARE CENTRE AND USING NOKIA HANDSETS.

SO BE AWARE OF ALL NOKIA CARE CENTRE.....

Edited by rajendra.jindal