Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kshah

Will R-connect Keep Counting Wen Computer Restarts

Hi,

I am not technical buff. However when I read posts about charges of R connect when in dormant state, I wondered is it possible? I spoke to CC they had different version at different time. Some says you are charged when dormant some says not charged etc. (its 50% each out of 6 calls)

I read on internet about CDMA and data services. I still have doubts if they can figure out log in and log off. As when your phone as modem goes off the line it has to log off. Else say for example, I connect to network, do not disconnect and switch off phone by removing battery, means my phone is still registered on net work. Immediately afterwards, if I try to connect net work, I should not be logged in as I am still not logged off. But I can log ON.

So I decided to have USB port and USB as COM port monitered. I do not know what it means. But attaching two files, which some expert can use it to know wether one is logged off the net work when in dormant state or not.

I request all techies to take keen interest as I belive its not possible for RIM people to differentiate between dormancy and disconnection. In both the case one log off the net work.

Attached two file (zipped), each contains data from different software which scans and monitors COM / USB ports. one is TXT and another is HTML file. I added my comment on top. I used samsung SCH-N191 :)

Pl read this article too http://www.rediff.com/netguide/2003/aug/28mobile.htm

samsung.zip

Else say for example, I connect to network, do not disconnect and switch off phone by removing battery, means my phone is still registered on net work. Immediately afterwards, if I try to connect net work, I should not be logged in as I am still not logged off. But I can log ON.

I dunno the internals of RIL billing software - but what one can guess is - just like Ur email account if U close the page without logging off - the account will be auto logged off after a set time period . Now if U log on before that - since the acccount is already active it will simply connect to that.

I think if I am not logged of while in dormancy, then loging on again is not possible as when system tries to authenticate it shows logged on. I think some technical guy who knows command sets of communication can help in this matter.

I got mail from reliance that I am charged while in dormancy but it does not seems to be technically possible.

dormancy is better for data based plans, not for minute based billing

Yes and it is designed for economy of thier networks and it really makes Ur speeds slow - each resume takes a few seconds and then the time for the server U called (browsed to respond). Further more 7130 has a bug in that it frequenlty and repeatedly goes back and forth dormancy for even a fraction of second of data halt creating a real nuiscance when U r downloading a file(works like a choke :clap: )

but we can stop going in dormancy by typing following command in "Run"

ping www.rimweb.com -t

here www.rimweb.com can be any sitename.

Thanks for that info Vishal. I am already doing it with another software I made for that purpose only.

ping -t <url> does too fast than required I think ..

yes they charge even when your phone is in dormancy stage. It is just a technical feature that allows your phone to goes into "idle" mode when there is no data exchange. So it allows you to receive n make calls during the time you conencted to net. But reliance charges you for the internet usage even in dormancy stage, it will keep u charging unless you disconnect from the net fully.

yes they charge even when your phone is in dormancy stage. It is just a technical feature that allows your phone to goes into "idle" mode when there is no data exchange. So it allows you to receive n make calls during the time you conencted to net. But reliance charges you for the internet usage even in dormancy stage, it will keep u charging unless you disconnect from the net fully.

Well i think its a feature not to reduce ur bill but to recieve calls when browsing , one of the major disadvantages of dialup net connections.

Can any one tell me about since when reliance changed policy? 'cos when I took connection (I was told by WW people that I am not charged during dormancy) june 03, till march 04 I was charged for the time I used to do data exchange (I compared with life time timer and bill amt). Later from april 04, I stopped using r connect as I got another account (unlimited) from tata, however looking at the quality of tata,I am thinking to swith over to reliance.

Hi,,

I am facing a strange problem..

the problem is that when i disconnect internet computer get restarted ie.. it behaves that i have not clicked disconnect rahter have clicked restart button. btw. forget it ..

My real query is !

If you are connected to internet ie rconnect and computer suddenly get restarted due to power or computer or by mistake then do rconnect is disconnected or it is still counting..

Say i am connected and surfing and due to bad UPS and worst electricity fluctuation computer get restarted then i decided to work later when power is not giving problem then is it any problem as i was not able to disconnect properly as computer was restarted.

My main problem is that do rconnect still keep counting ?

Bye ..

waiting..

It seems R-Connect will disconnect after a period (a few min as one guy told me unofficially).

As per the help manual FAQ of R_Connect package it says that if the mobile gets off due to low battery etc then the connection ends automatically.

r****er

u should not worry about rconnect counting.

it automatically disconnects ur computer from server when u restart ur computer or FWP.

so u r charged only for the time that u spend on net.

Thanks for that info Vishal. I am already doing it with another software I made for that purpose only.

ping -t <url> does too fast than required I think ..

8830[/snapback]

Could you upload that software for us?

7ping -t <url> does too fast than required I think ..

8830[/snapback]

u can add more parameters to ping command..

use "ping -l size <ip>"

by this u can control the packet size sent.. u can also cause a "ping flood" .. something which can slow down the other's network (clog) when the value of the size above is too large.. check it out..

Edited by swaroop