Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

www.ricmail.com Expired ?!?!

www.ricmail.com is the website for registering and accessing email service provided by Reliance for its Reliance NetConnect and BroadNet customers. However when I access the website now (verified using proxy as well), it is showing that the domain has expired and needs to be renewed!

clipboard02ru0.jpg

"ricmail.com expired on 08/24/2008 and is pending renewal or deletion"

It has been past 1 week and they haven't bothered to renew it?!?! :Confuso::confuse:

However as per whois:

Created: 2002-08-24

Expires: 2009-08-24

Updated: 2008-08-30

So it looks like they renewed it late (on 30th) and the renewal request is pending at the registrar as of now!

Quite hilarious! Clearly shows they are not bothered. But the site is working fine now.

Hmmm, they are not bothered even about their own website. What will they do with their subscribers in the near future my dear friends ? :o

Regards.

But the site is working fine now.

Yeah, the renewal request must have been processed by Network Solutions by now, as they handle renewal requests manually only which is done through web-werks.com

Updated whois information:

Record expires on 24-Aug-2010

Record created on 24-Aug-2002

Database last updated on 01-Sep-2008

Network Solutions whois cache still showing the expired page!

clipboard03am1.jpg

True it is expired , goes to show reliance proffesionalism sily people

Now look what ricmail.com is showing? Really very funny.

post-17867-1220333234_thumb.jpg

Captured on 2nd September, 2008 at 10:54 AM

:Contento::Contento::Contento::Contento::Contento:

Edited by Asit

maybe somebody try to back order it, then could sell the same thing back for millions..

maybe somebody try to back order it, then could sell the same thing back for millions..

You cannot backorder a domain after it is expired. Backorder will be successful only after the deletion phase which can take upto 75 days after the expiry date.

I am the user of Sierra Aircard in Laptop, full time. I had been using @ricmail.com email service for the past 4 years and from 24 Apr 09, "Sent Out" mail did go out and from, 27 Apr 09, Inbox mails did not come to me through @ricmail.com. It looks that The POP Server: pop.ricmail.com & SMTP Server : smtp.ricmail.com are not functioning.

Some one please suggest whether it is the case for me alone or total shut down of the servers and services. If operating, please help how to regularize.

From what I heard, they are trying to change servers and that has been going on for several days now. As of now, emails sent within the network (@ricmail.com or @reliancemail.net) are being delivered, but nothing being received from external email addresses.

Well they seem to be going to discontinue ricmail.com/reliancemail.net and start using www.myreliancemail.com

yes you are right ,,,,,,,,,,, www.myreliancemail.com has started working

Guys

I had used the Reliancemail.net ID as my main ID, now I guess the sever is down since last 30-40 odd days, so now I m stuck with no mail. is this going to get resolved because I did not move to BSNL EVDO just due to this ID

Can anyone pls confirm when this will be resolved

Rohit

I am the user of Sierra Aircard in Laptop, full time. I had been using @ricmail.com email service for the past 4 years and from 24 Apr 09, "Sent Out" mail did go out and from, 27 Apr 09, Inbox mails did not come to me through @ricmail.com. It looks that The POP Server: pop.ricmail.com & SMTP Server : smtp.ricmail.com are not functioning.

Some one please suggest whether it is the case for me alone or total shut down of the servers and services. If operating, please help how to regularize.

29 May 09

So far , for the past 35 days or so, the @ricmail.com services are terminated without any notice or alert and there is no reply/response to me for my query to the Reliance Care as well as to the RIM Forum.

The email through www.myreliancemail.com : only first page is appearing and I think, it is now under construction.

With this background and due to poor services, I prefer to discontinue the @ricmail.com email services.

With this background and due to poor services, I prefer to discontinue the @ricmail.com email services.

I already did that, time to move on!

True it is expired , goes to show reliance proffesionalism sily people

i am a small internet webhosting and webdesigning provider from mumbai, my main website is registered for next 10 years and till then it never will expire as every year i renew for one more year for no reason just to keep it registered for maximum years, that is 10 years.

if www.ricmail.com did expired due to stupid non-interaction between departments of reliance then i will call it sheer stupid non-professional approach. at the same time i think this is the mistake of one or two people in reliance who are responsible. otherwise i like many of the services of reliance including regular cdma phone service, superfast broadnet, wired internet and netconnect, wireless internet.

anyhow reliance rocks ...... :grin: