Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ananthshenoy

Tips On Improving Battery Life Of Gtran

HI everybody,

Here are a few tips given to me by the webworld guy as well as my own experience of the GTRAN handset for the past one month ----------- please correct me if i have said anything wrong----

* Charge your battery only after it gets fully discharged.

* Charging with the travel charger is a better option. It takes longer to charge but i have noticed it definitely gives more power.

* If your present battery isnt giving good life then follow the following steps --- let the phone discharge completely --- then charge it with travel charger for full 12 hours ---- repeat this for atleast 3 times (this suggestion was given by webworld guy and it really helped even after 20 days of usage!!)

I always do the following ----- keep it all night long for charging with the phone off --------- some people told me that it hurts the battery life -------- but it is just the opposite for MY GTRAN it markedly improves the battery life.

Earlier the battery indicator used to show no sticks at the end of the day but now-a-days it shows around 2-3 sticks (out of max 4) with these methods.

Regards

Ananth

PS : It is the readers discretion to accept or reject these tips. :)

Thanks a lot will try these tips and let u know the result

Today I charged battery for first time using travel charger. I charged it without connecting phone. Completely discharged battery got fully charged in just 2 hrs. Indicator turned green so I don’t think further keeping on charger will help or charge the battery further.

Hi saurav

A travel charger is the one you connect the phone terminal/port which doesnot have the indicator it only shows up on the phone lcd that it is fully charged------------ a desktop charger is one where you have an indicator (green) where you can keep the battery without the phone.

So if you connect the travel charger it takes longer to charge ( atleast 4 hours after battery is completely discharged) ------------ my advice is that even after the phone shows that it is fully charged keep it for a full 8-12 hours and see the difference. This is possible if you keep the phone for chargin at night and disconnect in the morning.

Regards,

Ananth

I wrote beas well, my sub LCD never shows full battery indication, even after charging for 6-8 hours is there something wrong wiht it? what should i do?

Hi tanveer

Recently even i dont get the fully charged sign on my lcd------------- maybe it is bcoz i keep the phone power ON while chargin and my battery is not discharged fully b4 keepin it for rechargin again.

But when the battery is fully discharged AND the phone is kept OFF while chargin on the travel charger only then the battery gets fully charged after about 6 hours------ this is what i have noticed on my phone.

Please try this out and post your views.

Regards

Ananth

Even i dont get fully charged msg when charging while keeping the phone on ....

However if i switch the phone off and charge it, i get that msg in 4 hours or so.

I have been reading this page from last few days but have not tried.

In my case when the battery is fully discharged it takes about 4Hrs to charge it completely.

When the phone is switched on while charging, the indicator at the top corner starts blinking after battery gets charged. It also sometimes gives beep.

When the phone is switched off while charging LCD displays message “Charging. Phone switched off”. When charging is complete it displays “Charging Complete.”

As in the both the states phone indicates that battery has been fully charged so I don’t think it will be of any use to charge phone further.

I have now used this handset for more than a month but still the battery indicator shows all bars. So I think others might have spoiled their battery by overcharging.

These are only my views, my thoughts. If any one feels that I am wrong then please correct me.

and how long does your battery last?

my battery give me just one day. I charge it every night and its drained by late evening.

One battery saving tip is to disable the backlight. Look under settings|display.

My battery gives me around 1 - 1.5 days max. Am really not happy with it since my old phones (lg 2030 gave 2 - 2.5 days and nokia 3310 gave 3 - 3.5 days)------------------- some people use both the batterys given together with the GTRAN (keep one for chargin on the desktop charger when the other battery is in use)-------------- but i didnt want to do so hence i keep it for chargin every night.

Also GTRAN charger is not available everywhere like the nokia chargers --------- hence one cant take the risk of not chargin everyday unless one carries the charger around everywhere or carries the charged spare battery along.

tanveer my battery lasts 18-24 Hrs depending upon RWorld usage

i asked by mail available at gtran india and got following reply

Please charge the battery for 10-12 hrs,and then discharge completely. Please repeat the process 3/4 times to get the battery reboosted.

Please follow the same process for  the additional battery given.

has anyone tried this earlier? if yes post ur views. i am started it today.

What is the source of the info in that Word file? Strange, cus Li-Ion batts are not supposed to suffer from memory problem. If this advice is for Ni-Cds, etc, then its understandable! Besides don't most of the chargers have a cut off which kicks into place once the batts are charged? If so, whats the difference in keeping a batt for charging for say 2 hrs (approx. time for full charging) or for 12 hrs? :D

it worksI charged it once for 12 Hrs with phone switched off. It has proved useful. I will do it 7 days and post my views. Today I will charge it for second time. More than the source results are important for us.

Edited by Saurav

This is what i have been tryin to tell from the beginning ------- chargin the battery for 12 hours really works.

for details read the first post in this forum.

regards

Ananth

I was charging the battery for 12 Hrs second time but after 11 Hrs I was amazed to see the message “Charging… Phone is switched off”.

I immediately switched off the charging and switching on the phone I found phone showing all the battery bars. Please tell me reason for this.

That message is always displayed when i switch off the phone and charge with a travel charger, and it is there from the very beginning not after 11 hrs

Tanveer even on my handset this message is displayed from the very beginning of charging. earlier after 4 hrs it used to display charging complete. and this message was even displayed when i first time charged it for 12 Hrs. while charging it for 12 hrs second consecutive time the message didn't change even after 11 hrs.

is there any technical reason for charging it for about 12 Hrs?

Edited by Saurav

Hi

The battery problem is solved to a certain extent at least in my case. I actually read all posts relating to the charging of battery and made a conclusion on the basis of which I carried following steps which have helped me.

1. Discharge the battery completely.

2. Charge the battery alone on desktop charger for 12 hrs at least 7 times. In the mean time you can use substitute battery on your phone.

This results in increase of talk time for each battery.

Desktop charger results in scratches but there is a solution for that. Place thin foam below the battery. I used foam that comes with motherboard. You have to cut it and place carefully in the deep area in the base.

You all would have read this before but I assembled it to make it useful and its helping me after 2 time charging.

it helps try it

Edited by Saurav

Good idea saurav.

Here are a few more tips ----

1. Reduce the contrast of sub-lcd (external lcd) to as low as possible

2. Disable call connect/call disconnect and service alerts

3. Reduce the ringtone volume as per your preference

4. Reduce the contrast of main lcd display

5. Disable key tone

with these tweaks i could stretch my battery life to a maximum of 44 hours on the trot ------- this maximum was acheived with all the tweaks above along with minimum use of the phone. I tried this only once with my 3 month old battery---- i havent yet used the other battery yet.

Regards

Ananth

battery_process.dochi

wanna improve battry life . Try the simple proceedure in the document attached and tell me if it works or not.

14855[/snapback]

Thanks for good tips

Sivashankkar

phone consumes battery when switched off. what do u say?