Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
bhupal

'spice D-88 Gold' Is It Different ?

the problem of rebooting and battery the biggest cons in this phone

@bhupal

Spice D88 Gold has FM Radio & recording, which is unavailable on the previous models.

@Akshat

I am using Spice D88n for the last 2 months, but since I never faced a reboot problem. And battery is good, although not best.

Yes my dear Asit you are right here. One of my friend too is using the same handset and he too doesn't have any battery problem or reboot problem.

Actually sometimes rebooting of handset depends on the Sim also. A faulty Sim can also be the reason of rebooting the handset.

Regards.

Kamalji, I think the rebooting problem lies in the battery. I mean D88n's battery is somewaht similar to the battery of our CLASSIC models, i.e. just flat & thin. To add more the battery doesn't fit perfectly in CLASSIC phones and that is why there is a loose connection & the phone reboots while a little bit jerking. Even the phone will reboot while you are driving.

I have faced similar situation with my CLASSIC phone earlier.

Edited by Asit

am also afraid why it happens when u r talking to some one is reboots . . .

^^^

My dear Akshat the same had happened with me to with another GSM mobile handset. But that persists only in a paticular location. Whenever I went in that location and try to make or receive any call the phone reboots. I went to the Vodafone Gallery and they replaced the sim and told me that these new sims of 32K sometimes can't take the load of networks and try to access the same in very low network range. They replace the sim and my problem was solved. No rebooting problems after that.

Thats why I had told above that this could be the Sim problem also. But at the same time I would like to mention that their could be many other reasons for handset rebooting. So before coming to the conclusion we have to find the exact problem.

Regards.

@ bhupal

Even the 512 MB Memory card was already available in D 88 n.

This is nothing but a different design with 'buttons' finally..

Yesterday I bought this handset, it look is gold as well as its menu, wall papers etc all are in gold theme. This was the handset which I was looking for. Free are 512 MB Memory Card, extra battery & 4 Dostana Movie songs with the handset. Price just at 8999/-. Great deal. FM and FM recording is added.

Regds

Edited by swapnil_m

Yesterday I bought this handset, it look is gold as well as its menu, wall papers etc all are in gold theme. This was the handset which I was looking for. Free are 512 MB Memory Card, extra battery & 4 Dostana Movie songs with the handset. Price just at 8999/-. Great deal. FM and FM recording is added.

Regds

Hello Mishraji. If I am not wrong u r also working with SPICE.

U R right :P:P :P:P:P

U R right :P:P :P:P:P

How do you know?

Full features in the SPICE link 1)' Open market dual GSM + CDMA handset which is technically superior and equipped with Reliance, TATA & Virgin settings. Insert any CDMA SIM Card & handset automatically detects its settings'. 2)D-88 GOLD will work as a Remote Control:

'Ever dreamt of a mobile that could also operate as a remote for your computer or laptop? With the D-88 Gold, your dream is now a reality! Thanks to the integrated HID technology, the D-88 Gold empowers you to operate your PowerPoint presentations and Multimedia files – all at the touch of a button, and that too, without being tied to your workstation '

http://www.spice-mobile.com/model_fer_D88gold.aspx

Edited by bhupal

i hav one confusion..

is this handset support simultaniously both gsm and cdma sim, or only one at a time..

can i recieve calls for both sim at a same time or i hav to switch from one to another......

Edited by SantoshRoyal

i hav one confusion..

is this handset support simultaniously both gsm and cdma sim, or only one at a time..

can i recieve calls for both sim at a same time or i hav to switch from one to another......

Santosh, u don't need to switch it off. U can receive two calls for both the sim at a time.

Hi

It is Dual GSM/CDMA & dual stand-by. You can hold one call and switch to another call on another SIM.

Regds

Swapnil

Swapnil

1. I am using D88n. However its Bluetooth is all crap. The other party always gets me very noisy. I tried my Jabra & Motorola Bluetooth but same results.

Do u see D88G bluetooth bettre than D88n?? Both are V1.2 though

2. Also D88n states whitelist/blacklist. However I coule not find the option so far even after 6 months. :) ANy help here?

3. Apart from FM & Opera, do u think Gold scores over 'n' in any features which can induce me into buying 88G??

Pl revert.

Thanks

Any user Reviews for this phone ???

I am using this phone for sometime now (D88 CLASSIC).. but suddenly its functional keys have stopped working .. and even when someone calls me, I am not able to pick the phone because all the these keys are not woring ..

I searched for spice mobile service center in bangalore on the net, but unfortunately there is no information .. not even on the spice website ..

Can someone tell where can I find the service center for spice mobile in bangalore?

My dear Vikas, below are the addresses of Authorised Service Centre of Spice Mobiles in Bangalore :

Service Centre Name : M/s Hot spot Retails Pvt Ltd Bangaloar

Contact Person : Mr. Vishwanth

Address : #21/2, 1st Main Road, Gandhi nagar, Opp: Indian Overseas Bank, Bangalore - 09

City, State : Bangalore , Karnataka

Telephone / Mobile : 60005566

EMail ID : hemantbanswal@hotspot.co.in

&

Service Centre Name : M/s Digitronix Tele Services

Contact Person : Mr D. Ravi Kumar

Address : #65 Ist Flr Eshwari Complex dr. RajkumarRoad Prakash Nagar Bangalore

City, State : Bangalore , Karnataka

Telephone / Mobile : 9886208333

EMail ID : dtsravi@gmail.com

Hope the above will be helpful to you.

Regards.

Regds

Hi

maine spice d88 gold 10/12/2008 ko khareeda hai , price 7799/- mujhe kai dino se talash thi koi dual model ki par mujhe laga is price range me spice best hai , baki to use karne par pata chalega

aapne shayad mahnga liya hai set 1200/- ka difference mayne rakhta hai please chek your price again

Edited by skgsatna

^^^

My dear Subodh, congrats for the purchase of new handsets. We are eager to hear from your side, please post the review about Spice D88 Gold.

Regards.