Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Asit

After Spice : Driven By Your Satisfaction

I bought one SPICE D88n in August. But vibration is not working at that time. When I contacted After Spice the Service guy told me that it is firmware problem and we have to flash it again. I agreed upon him & after 3-4 days later I had visited the Service Centre and the job was done. One thing I must mention that the phone was working fine before the flashing except the vibration.

As I am leaving in a remote place, i.e. in Dhenkanal, 90kms away from Bhubaneswar, I returned from the Service Centre without checking the handset properly. The only thing I checked is vibration, and not anything else.

1. But after returning home when I am sending messages, both from CDMA or GSM, the phone doesnot save the msg in the outbox, and neither there is any setting to do the same.

2. The second problem is that, now GPRS is not working in the phone, not in CDMA/GSM. Even the settings menu for the CDMA mode is not available after flashing. Altough GPRS setting is available in GSM, the browser never opens a single page, nor show any error msg. The balance is remaining same.

Now yesterday I visited the Service Centre again. When I ask about the problems, the Service Guy first told me that GPRS in Reliance CDMA is only available in PostPaid and not in PrePaid. Then I told him, "Sir, I am having a PostPaid connection, and I have already used GPRS with this no. on this handset." Then he went to his room and came back after 2mnts with a diary on his hand, and told me that CDMA GPRS is not working presently in Spice D88n for that Vibration problem. They are still on the way to fix that bug, and as soon as they release the update frmware/patch, he will call me. He again told me that their is no problem at all with GSM GPRS mode. But when I showed him that GPRS is not working also in GSM, he asked me that whether GPRS is acive on my number or not? (I think GPRS is pre-activated on all numbers these days). Anyway I told him that I was able to browse with this no. previously. Then he checked the firmware version on my handset

and told me that it is 1.07. Then he flash it again with an updated firmware version 1.08. But still the problem persists.

Again after flashing, when I sent a msg from my CDMA no. to GSm no. to check whether the msg is stored in OUtbox or not, I found that there is no msg in Outbox. When I asked him about this one, first he told me that Outgoing msgs were not stored in Outbox, but when we save a msg before sending it was saved to the Outbox. :Contento:

I told him, "Sir, for that purpose we have the Draft folder, not the Outbox one." He then told me that the msg will be saved if I will use the option "Save & Send Only" while sending. But there is not a single option like that in the phone. I was totally angry at that moment, but still I behaved like a fool infront of him. And he was just looking at his phone (which is a SPICE S-series one) to findout the option "Save & Send Only". After a long search his answer was negative.

Now I got my patience broken, and asked him whether I sholud mail their Custmer Service Chief directly to get my solution? Then he told me not to do that and to talk with Mr. Deepak, who is Service Head for Orissa from After Spice. When I called him, he told the same thing that there was a option "Save & Send only" about Outbox problem, and getting my reply that there is no such option, he told me to visit the Service Centre in last week of Sptember as he is Out of State presently (in Kolkata) and will return in next week.

I don't know what will happen there? But now I want help of our Technical Support Heads here, like Sadikk bhai, HP bhai, to know What to do?

Plz help me..................

Edited by Asit

Also for the records..

The vibration in Spice D 88n strangely stops working if the Signal indicator light is turned off..

Wherever you search in the phone, it cant get restored unless you reverse your earlier option.

Also for the records..

The vibration in Spice D 88n strangely stops working if the Signal indicator light is turned off..

Wherever you search in the phone, it cant get restored unless you reverse your earlier option.

That means I have to revert to the firmware that is present at the time I bought the phone?

If yes, then what about vibration? And if I enable the signal led then do u think that vibration will work fine on that firmware too?

Is there anyone else also facing the same problem?

Plz place ur reviews here.

Now the SMS problem is solved. But what about GPRS? Anybody plz help............

After reading Asit's problems, I am now re-thinking whether I should go for this handset. :unsure: Is there anyone else facing problems with d88n, please report here.

BTW, Asit Is it not possible to get your handset replaced under warranty. Its just one month old. :)

BTW, Asit Is it not possible to get your handset replaced under warranty. Its just one month old. :)

The Service Chief of Orissa is on tour to Kolkata presently. I will meet him in the last week of September and then I will decide what to do? I mean I want to know what other option he has?

But what will happen even I replace it with a new one if it is a firmware problem? All the handsets will have the same problem till the problem is fixed. Even I mailed there customer care on Sunday, but still there is no reply.

I will suggest u to wait till the launch of D88 gold, which is with FM & 512MB memory.

Edited by Asit

^^ Any idea on the date of launch of the Gold version?

^^ Any idea on the date of launch of the Gold version?

No.

well i am going on fine with my spice d88n.

vibrator is good and messages are stored.

but yes i am unable to run gprs on tata but airtel is working smooth

I would like to know what is CDMA GPRS???

Very Funny na??

the Service Guy first told me that GPRS in Reliance CDMA is only available in PostPaid and not in PrePaid

I would like to know what is CDMA GPRS???

Very Funny na??

the Service Guy first told me that GPRS in Reliance CDMA is only available in PostPaid and not in PrePaid

Ya offcourse it is very funny. Bcoz I am not a technical guy, and if I would be then I could findout the solution myself.

Anyway what I mean is that GPRS is not working in the RCom's phone number I am using. and I think that u know that RCom is providing the telephone service through CDMA technology, as u had alredy worked with them or perhaps is also working with them these days.

And still if u fail to understand what I have written here, then plz let me know. Either I will learn English again or will post the same in Hindi.

And Amit, if possible plz try to provide the solution if u have, but never try to criticise someone or something.

Thank u verymuch Amit

Sorry Admins / Moderators for this kind of reply

Edited by Asit

^^^

My dear Asit, actually some people enjoy laughing at others. Instead of being helpful to other co-members they criticize them and make fun of them. This reflects the image of the person. These kind of persons only read the post to find the errors and take away the thread to OFF-TOPIC. Just see the example here only. Three Off-topic posts had already been their including my post. Although, previously we had warned such kind of members, not to take any thread off-topic unnecessarily. But it seems that they still not learnt the lesson.

To add with, we ourselves sometime take some threads off-topic to have some fun being in a healthy manner but never ever to make fun of others.

And my dear friend, you need not to be sorry at all. Instead the member who had posted just above your post need to be sorry to you and to the forum also.

Regards.

hey guys seeing the threads m rethinking of going for spice d-88n.........mods wht do u suggest shud i wait or wht???????

^^^

My dear friend, although Spice D-88n is a nice handset but you should wait for the upgraded Spice D-88n Gold in my point of view. Hope it will be launched soon with more features.

Regards.

In my opinion, never rush to buy any new/upgraded model of whichever Brand especially Spice (with a relatively weaker backgroud).

Wait for atleast 2-3 weeks, read reviews for such phones on this Forum.

Many newbies join, express their views & ask for help. Based on that.. most ppl decide what to buy.

Bsides, almost all phones are nowadays made in China but it seems that Spice still has quality control issues especially in C& D series.

All new models tend to have issues which takes these Brands time to address & rectify. (eg. Nokia N95)

The new batches then start having lesser problem but at our expense & feedback.

Even the ppl who rushed for Apple i phone experienced some drawbacks.. but the after sales service is different in U.S.

^^^

Very correct my dear Jayanth.

Regards.

thnks kamal bhai i will wait for d-88gold .......lets hope its free of all the nuisances........

I recently saw chinese handset, with 3 SIM slot, cdma+cdma+gsm.

Battery 2400mhz.

Full multimedia support like FM, MP3, 3.5 mm jack headfone. MicroSD ETC.

I recently saw chinese handset, with 3 SIM slot, cdma+cdma+gsm.

Battery 2400mhz.

Full multimedia support like FM, MP3, 3.5 mm jack headfone. MicroSD ETC.

Sadikk bhai, I think battery backup will be very low with two cdma slots although it is 2400.

Anyway what is the price?

well i am going on fine with my spice d88n.

vibrator is good and messages are stored.

but yes i am unable to run gprs on tata but airtel is working smooth

Well what error u get while browsing net on TATA?

^^^

My dear Asit, actually some people enjoy laughing at others. Instead of being helpful to other co-members they criticize them and make fun of them. This reflects the image of the person. These kind of persons only read the post to find the errors and take away the thread to OFF-TOPIC. Just see the example here only. Three Off-topic posts had already been their including my post. Although, previously we had warned such kind of members, not to take any thread off-topic unnecessarily. But it seems that they still not learnt the lesson.

To add with, we ourselves sometime take some threads off-topic to have some fun being in a healthy manner but never ever to make fun of others.

And my dear friend, you need not to be sorry at all. Instead the member who had posted just above your post need to be sorry to you and to the forum also.

Regards.

Thanks Kamalji.

@ asit

It's 8k ithink. will confirm again and update here.

Will up some pics if u guys interested.

Sadikkbhai, let me finish the SPICE issue first.