Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
yunus

Htc Touch Latest Sprint Rom 3.03.651.4_2 Radio 3.42.30 Problems / Solutions

Hello,

I am starting this topic for touch users who are using Sprint original roms.

I have uploaded the latest original sprint rom from HTC site & have the following problems :

Cannot use internet at all. Neither on the device nor on the PC thru Internet sharing. Everytime it says there is an unknown error & gets disconnected. I have deleted the IOTA folder but cannot replace HTC_CM_Guardian file as it says that this file is in ROM memory & hence cannot be replaced.

However, I had set a new connection in sprint with "UTS@relianceinfo.com" as usrname & i4gE7DW as password, but still I cannot connect to the internet. tried with my phone # as usr name & pass but still no luck.

Another issue is that my SPC has got changed. Is this normal? could the above problem be becoz of this ?

Earlier I was on Hetal's 20273A rom & everthing was working fine. Since I uploaded the latest ROM (Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_3.03.651.4_2) the internet problem has started. I think it could be becoz I let the sprint customizations run.

Now I have gone back to Hetals' rom & even tried earlier ver of sprint original Rom (Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_3.03.651.2) but this problem still persists. Otherwise the radio functions (phone incoming & outgoing) are working perfectly well.

Please help me to find a solution as I use my touch specially for email & surfing purposes.

Thanks

Yunus.

Dear Yunus,

All these problems have been repeatedly and repeatedly discussed in the already running Original Sprint ROM topic for the mogul. The solutions are absolutely common and there was no need to open a separate touch topic. Anyways, kindly read that topic fully, and all your problems will be solved. You have let the sprint customisations to run and hence so many issues.

All solutions are mentioned in that topic, to all ur problems...

You are right Dhiraj

Dear Yunus,

All these problems have been repeatedly and repeatedly discussed in the already running Original Sprint ROM topic for the mogul. The solutions are absolutely common and there was no need to open a separate touch topic. Anyways, kindly read that topic fully, and all your problems will be solved. You have let the sprint customisations to run and hence so many issues.

All solutions are mentioned in that topic, to all ur problems...

Dear Dhiraj,

I have been thru sprint mogul topic throughly before I started this topic, but didn't find any solution. The problem discussed there is of using the device as modem on PC, but here I cannot even connect on the device. I have tried installing all of Hetal's reliance related cabs, deleted the IOTA folder, & since I am not able to replace HTC_CM_Guardian file, made a new connection in sprint with my phone # as usr name & pass which I made as default connection but still not able to connect.

Just a few days back I did the same thing with another touch & everything worked smoothly then. The only mistake I made this time is to let the sprint customizations run. Since then I have tried a lot of things but the it's just refusing to connect to the internet. As mentioned earlier Radio services are absolutely fine.

I feel the problem is something related to SPC getting changed since I tried to load the latest ROM. I am using touch since last 3 months now & changed ROM's mumerous times but my SPC never got changed.

Please help....

Yunus.

Run GetSPC.exe on your device. Enter First your original es* in input and then get output (spc); if that does not work, then enter changed es* (as per your ruim) in input and get output (spc). Either of these 2 (or the default 000000) will definately work. Go to CDMA workshop and change sp* to 000000. Then go to qpst service programming and reload reliance.prl and check all parameters as per Dummies guide. Your problem will definately get solved.

Edited by dkaile

Thanks Dhiraj,

Thanks for pointing out to the right direction I just had to set behaviour as Simple IP in MIP tab. Now I can connect on the device, however the problem of connecting thru PC still remains.

I have tried your method of setting My ISP with phone # as usr name & pass but everytime it again goes to blank. I think this problem is due to the fact that I am unable to either delete or replace HTC_CM_Guardian.exe file. I cannot change the properties of the file using Resco explorer as it gives an error that it is a ROM file.

Any pointers in solving this problem ? Loaded Hetal's Rom which runs well, but would like to use sprint basic rom as it is much lighter on memory.

Thanks once again

Yunus

Load Resco Explorer or Total Commander. In Resco ensure that u are using registered version for full functionality and then in Menu-options-general-browser- untick all so that u able to see hidden and system file (No need in Total Commander). If u use TC-select tree to define destination while copying. Follow instructions in the other topic to replace HTC_CMGuardian with a 0 byte txt file renamed as exe. Only then u will be able to connect to net (after deleting Sprint Connection, i.e.) IT has been discussed over and over. And my dear Yunus, full solutions and links are there in Mogul Original sprint topic....

Edited by dkaile

Load Resco Explorer or Total Commander. In Resco ensure that u are using registered version for full functionality and then in Menu-options-general-browser- untick all so that u able to see hidden and system file (No need in Total Commander). If u use TC-select tree to define destination while copying. Follow instructions in the other topic to replace HTC_CMGuardian with a 0 byte txt file renamed as exe. Only then u will be able to connect to net (after deleting Sprint Connection, i.e.) IT has been discussed over and over. And my dear Yunus, full solutions and links are there in Mogul Original sprint topic....

I had already mentioned in my earlier post that I am trying to replace the guardian file using registered Resco explorer only. And yes I can see all hidden & system files also including the HTC_CM_Guardian file. My problem is that I am not able to either delete or replace the file with a dummy one.

When I press & hold the stylus there is a properties option where u can change the attributes of a file or folder just like in a desktop. Here I can untick the usual attributes like read-only archive etc but there is one called Rom which is ticked & greyed out. Becoz of this I am unable to replace the guardian file.

And my dear Dhiraj I have gone thru the original sprint topic & also gone thru this proceedure of changing HTC_CM_Guardian file myself for another touch which I had got for a friend without any issues then. It is only this time I am facing such problems...

Thanks

Yunus.

I am not able to understand why u cant replace it with Resco. It is such a simple 1 minute job. I hope u can see it. If u can it should not be a problem. Try with Total Commander, there might be something wrong with your resco. If u still cant, I think u may have messed up the registry. Best to go for hard reset and repeat whole process again (and this time do not let the Sprint Customisations Run).

Even I can't understand why I can't do it with resco & as mentioned earlier I have done it before & it was a piece of cake then. As for hard reset I must have reset it atleast 10 times now & reloaded the rom another 4 times without letting the sprint customizations run.

May be now I should try with TC

Edited by yunus

Download TC from their website, its free, link given in the other topic. Also new Resco 2008v7.00 is there in the Hetals Ext Rom that u might have downloaded, in the boot/other folder. Enter owner: PPC-6800 Serial:06042 and register and it will definately work.

@ yunus: Use Total commander to replace the HTC_CM_Guardian file. And do it immediately after doing a soft reset before launching any of your other loaded softwares. Ensure all programs are closed in the task manager and then use TC to replace the file.

@ yunus: Use Total commander to replace the HTC_CM_Guardian file. And do it immediately after doing a soft reset before launching any of your other loaded softwares. Ensure all programs are closed in the task manager and then use TC to replace the file.

I have tried with Total commander also but the same error repeats. To make sure I am following the right proceedure, I tried again on another HTC Touch device & had no problems replacing the HTC_CM_Guardian file.

It sounds really weird but even after a hard reset or even a re-flash of the rom the problem continues. Even more baffling is that I end up with 2 files with the guardian name when I try to replace the original (the orginal is dispayed as an application file whereas the dummy as a text file with an .exe extension), however the original doesn't replace since it is rom file (as per message recd)

I will give one more shot exactly following Anupe's proceedure, as soon as I am again ready to spend couple of hours behind it.

Thanks guys for helping me out & please come up with any other suggetions to sort this really weird problem.

@Yunus

First install Text file in ur sdcard

With total commander rename it with Remove extention .txt and add new extention .exe

After u see box type icon infront of this files.This Icon stand for exe file first check this and after move this file with total commander to window directory.And also check that this file was only 0 bytes

Try this and enjoy

Edited by vijaymalhotra_2007

i has the same problem to over write the htc_cm_guardian in htc 6800 and htc 6900.

try with resco exp 2007 to over write it worked for me , resco exp 2008 did not work .

I have tried with Total commander also but the same error repeats. To make sure I am following the right proceedure, I tried again on another HTC Touch device & had no problems replacing the HTC_CM_Guardian file.

It sounds really weird but even after a hard reset or even a re-flash of the rom the problem continues. Even more baffling is that I end up with 2 files with the guardian name when I try to replace the original (the orginal is dispayed as an application file whereas the dummy as a text file with an .exe extension), however the original doesn't replace since it is rom file (as per message recd)

I will give one more shot exactly following Anupe's proceedure, as soon as I am again ready to spend couple of hours behind it.

Thanks guys for helping me out & please come up with any other suggetions to sort this really weird problem.

Edited by ravjeet

i just bought a htc touch 6900 from sadik bai , & i have updated the latest rom from htc website & after i am getting a message while i receive & make call that incoming roaming call roaming charges may apply ,& there is a tringular icon on t top , pls i need help

i just bought a htc touch 6900 from sadik bai , & i have updated the latest rom from htc website & after i am getting a message while i receive & make call that incoming roaming call roaming charges may apply ,& there is a tringular icon on t top , pls i need help

u just need to reload the prl

connect the phone is qpst and reload the prl file

or copy the prl file to memory card and go to ##778# ...enter your msl ..then go to view info ..select prl and update prl ..browse to where u have copied prl file and update

read other thread properly about 6900 connectivity problem ...it has answers to all your querries

u just need to reload the prl

connect the phone is qpst and reload the prl file

or copy the prl file to memory card and go to ##778# ...enter your msl ..then go to view info ..select prl and update prl ..browse to where u have copied prl file and update

thanks u mufaddal bai , its working fine now ( thanks a lot )