Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rockysheddy

Enable Rworld In Samsung2on

Hello,

Does any of you knows whether Samsung2ON(CDMA cum GSM) mobile supports RWorld? If yes then how should I activate it? Also, I would like to know whether Reliance Directory Feature is available in Samsung2ON(CDMA cum GSM) mobile?

regards,

Rocky

No need of any activation it is already activated...

TATA Zone and Reliance Mobile WOrld both are availabel by default..

No need of any activation it is already activated...

TATA Zone and Reliance Mobile WOrld both are availabel by default..

If it is there then How to activate it? Because when I try to connect to RWorld by pressing the Middle Ok button on Samsung2ON it does not connects. Is there any settings that I need to do in Samsung2ON phone which will help me to access reliance world.

regards,

Rocky

No need to activatea nytthing..R world is activated in all mobiles as deafault..

I am having the same problem on Samsung MAX SCH-F679. My previous phone did not have R-World functionality. I upgraded to this one and R-World isn't working on this one. I went to Reliance Web World and they were saying that it's a device problem and that I should get it checked at a Samsung service centre.

If it is by default present. Then how to access it from Samsung2ON. I have tried to contact both Reliance and Samsung customer support but it is useless. Why do they boast about the features that is not at all present in the piece. On top of that I am not even able to figure out "how to forward contacts from Samsung2ON.....................This piece is frustrating.

Hi guys,

I have tried connecting my friend's prepaid Tata T-SIM and found out that I am able to access Tata Zone. This proves that it is not fault of Samsung2ON.

It is fault of Reliance either their R-UIM sim is blocking the R World feature,

or it is blocking it only for postpaid customer,

or it is blocking the feature for all handset that are not being purcashed from reliance outlet but I was being asked by Reliance Outlet to purcashe the phone from any outside shop, so they themselves are responsible for this. Also, this mobile is also being recommended in Reliance website.

http://www.rcom.co.in/webapp/Communication...set/mobile.jsp#

regards,

Rocky

Hi guys,

I have tried connecting my friend's prepaid Tata T-SIM and found out that I am able to access Tata Zone. This proves that it is not fault of Samsung2ON.

It is fault of Reliance either their R-UIM sim is blocking the R World feature,

or it is blocking it only for postpaid customer,

or it is blocking the feature for all handset that are not being purcashed from reliance outlet but I was being asked by Reliance Outlet to purcashe the phone from any outside shop, so they themselves are responsible for this. Also, this mobile is also being recommended in Reliance website.

http://www.rcom.co.in/webapp/Communication...set/mobile.jsp#

regards,

Rocky

NO, RCom is not blocking the RWORLD feature, not at all for postpaid customers. I have tried with my SPICE D88n, and I have successfully browsed RWORLD.

Plz check your settings again.

NO, RCom is not blocking the RWORLD feature, not at all for postpaid customers. I have tried with my SPICE D88n, and I have successfully browsed RWORLD.

Plz check your settings again.

I tried connnecting TATA sim and in that TATA zone was accessible.

Then I tried connecting through another Reliance R UIM Sim and still R World is not accessible from both the Reliance Sims.

This shows that there is some problem in Reliance SIM.

Could you please confirm whether you have converted from non Reliance UIM to Reliance UIM, i.e. from non Reliance SIM to Reliance SIM?

I have tried all the alternates but still if you have some other idea of settings in Samsung2ON. pls let me know.

also, i want to know whether you have to get yourself registered for some specific plans for activating RWorld? I am postpaid customer.

regards,

Rocky

@Rocky,

Couldn't get u at "converted from non Reliance UIM to Reliance UIM"?

Anyway, I am still able to browse RWOLRD from my phone.

So plz chechk ur settings in the phone, and remember TATA ZONE & RWOLRD -both have different settings.

@Rocky,

Couldn't get u at "converted from non Reliance UIM to Reliance UIM"?

Anyway, I am still able to browse RWOLRD from my phone.

So plz chechk ur settings in the phone, and remember TATA ZONE & RWOLRD -both have different settings.

I will elaborate it.

Earlier I had reliance LG handset, I was able to access RWorld in It. In that Reliance connection was inbuilt that means you did not had to insert Reliance Sim(Which is called R-UIM).

Now, I have got my number converted from built in Reliance connection to Reliance Sim(R-UIM) and inserted that Reliance Sim(R-UIM) into my new Samsung2ON mobile which is Sim enabled Handset.

So, I wanted to know whether even you are using Reliance SIM and also whether you used to previously use built in Reliance connection and then later on converted it into Reliance SIM.

Actually, I want to figure out what exactly is going wrong.

I have contacted Reliance CC and they have replied

"Dear Customer, In response to your mail received at Customer Care regarding R world issue, we would like to inform you that as per our records the issue has been resolved. Hence we request you to please do Reset R Menu, Clear Memory, Power Recycling (switch off your mobile and switch it on after few moments) & try accessing R world Services.

Yours sincerely,

Roshan Bhole

Customer CareReliance Communications

The information provided is based on prevailing terms and conditions of the company, which, are subject to change without prior notice. This electronic message transmission contains information from Reliance Infocomm & is confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, beware that any disclosure, copy distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received the electronic transmission in error please notify us immediately. "

First I doubted whether my phone is blocking RWorld or not so I inserted TATA Sim, But TATA Zone is accessible. That means the Samsung2ON is not blocking RWorld.

Then I inserted another Reliance SIM and found out that even that is not able to access RWorld.

Now, I was concluding that Reliances SIMs are not properly programmed to access RWorld or

Reliance is not allowing the phones to access Rworld which are not being purchased from reliance outlet.

But then you are saying that you are able to access RWorld from your Spice mobile phone. So, could you pls confirm whether you are using Reliance SIM purchased from the Reliance outlet with Reliance logo printed on it or the default CDMA SIM provided by Spice mobile?

regards,

Rocky

@ Rocky

Exactly same issue am facing,i m using spice c 810 handset,previously i used to use lg 5130 handset so the mobile number was inbuilt & now that old number is in the sim card

i emailed to service assurance cell and i got ditto same reply to upgrade my version with spice service centre...reset clear memory all tht...

i have allready given my handset to spice service centre as i had some issue regarding voice clarity that has been resolved,tht guy said he has also upgraded latest version on my cell but still while opening application it's showin error msg this one "install application failed you won't be charged (1281)"

now i guess i will try using rworld by using someone's else simcard and then let me see wether rworld is getting connected or not.

@Rocky

Earlier I browsed RWOLRD thorugh LG 2030, which is a non-ruim handset. Lateron, after changing the handset I also shifted my number from 2030 to a RUIM in the WEBWOLRD to use with lg 3100.

And presently I am also able to browse RWOLRD in both of my handsets, i.e. LG 3100 & SPICE D88n.

Anyway Spice doesn't provide any sim/ruim for CDMA services.

SO I repeat, please check your settings for RWOLRD in the phone.

Edited by Asit

IT'S not an issue of RUIM.rather it seems to be handset problem.why should reliance block rworld and lose precious revenue?

@ Rocky

Exactly same issue am facing,i m using spice c 810 handset,previously i used to use lg 5130 handset so the mobile number was inbuilt & now that old number is in the sim card

i emailed to service assurance cell and i got ditto same reply to upgrade my version with spice service centre...reset clear memory all tht...

i have allready given my handset to spice service centre as i had some issue regarding voice clarity that has been resolved,tht guy said he has also upgraded latest version on my cell but still while opening application it's showin error msg this one "install application failed you won't be charged (1281)"

now i guess i will try using rworld by using someone's else simcard and then let me see wether rworld is getting connected or not.

Thank for the explanation.

By the way how is D88n? Camera and Vcard transfer all that, is it fine? is it Worth purchase and what about D80n?

regards,

@Rockky, D88n is fine with Camera & Vcard, but if u want to browse net then don't go for it. And battery depends upon ur use. I used to talk for 2hours minimum daily, but requires daily charging.

Not heard about D80n, but D80 is GSM+GSM flap handset, whereas D88n is bartype GSM+CDMA handset.

Edited by Asit

Hi,

I have purchased a new SamsungMax Handset and now R world is working fine in that. That means that Samsung2On was not supporting RWorld eventhough it was mentioned in Reiance Website.

I have contacted Samsung Customer care and they informed me that Samsung2ON is purely ment for TATA, though from Samsung2on you can also make calls through and fro reliance SIM but other functionality of Reliance are blocked in Samsung2ON.

Eventhough it was not fault of Reliance SIM but still it is fault of Reliance Website for misguiding the customer. If at all Samsung2ON does not fully support all Reliance Features then they should have delisted that particular piece from Reliance Website http://www.rcom.co.in/webapp/Communication...set/mobile.jsp#

If anyone wants to use Samsung2ON then I would like to say that currently Samsung2On for Reliance is not available in Reliance shop so I would advise not to buy it from any outside vendor because it won't support RWorld and other Reliance features. Wait till Reliance launches "Samsung2ON for Reliance".

################################################

Also, I want to make customers aware that eventhough Samsung website says that SamsungMax supports both TATA and Reliance still purchase these pieces from your respective service provider because SamsungMAX of Reliance is different from SamsungMAX of TATA, eventhough you will be able to make calls through and fro from TATA sim if inserted in "SamsungMAX of Reliance" but still other functionality of TATA is not enabled and the same applies for Reliance sim in "SamsungMAX of TATA".

Now, I am thinking whether it is possible of Transferring Reliance RWorld from SamsungMAX to PC and then from PC to Samsung2ON, remember that R-World is just like an application so I am guessing that it could be transferred from SamsungMAX to Samsung2ON either by Bluetooth or from Samsung2Max-PC-Samsung2on.

I am working on it. If it is sucessful I will post so that others can benefit.

The reason for this guess is that because there are two model of SamsungMax one for Reliance and one for TATA that means when these samsung guys sell their product they install Reliance application in SamsungMax for Reliance and install TATA application in SamsungMax for TATA. If that is possible then it is just the application that has to be installed to make any SamsungMax phone to work in any of the networks. The best people to do this are the Technicians of Samsung Mobiles or Reliance Technical team or TATA Technical Team. I have tried taking help from Samsung Mobile and Reliance Technical team is not reacheable so I am thinking of trying it by myself.

There is a post of accessing Reliance Directory and the steps are as follows:-

Its definitely possible to know another RIM user's no. or the

"In handset LG 2030...

The way to go abt wid this is...

1. Go to R-World on ur handset.

2. Select "R- Guide" or "Guides" (this happens to be option 10 for

me)

3. Select "RIM Dir" (Option 3)

Case 1. Incase u know the RIM no. of a person and need to find the

address from the no.

4. Select "Name-Address"

5. Type the RIM No. for whose address u r searching for, SAVE

6. Select SEARCH

If the RIM no. is listed, it will pop up there...

Case 2. Incase u want to know the RIM no. of a person staying in

ur vicinity:

4. Select "Local Number"

5. Type the "Surname" or "First Name" or "Location" of the person

6. Select SEARCH

Try and be very specific in typing the Surname or First Name.

While typing Location, be specific and longer too such that u find

a No.

Case 3. Incase u want to know the RIM no. of a person staying

outside ur City:

4. select the apt "State"

5. Enter the City name

6. Select the correct City Name

7. and then follow steps 4-6 of Case 2."

I have now R World in SamsungMAX but I cannot find R-Guide in my phone so I would like to know whether you can download R-Guide Application.

If it is not available in Internet for donwload then can any of you upload RWorld Application, who is having RWorld with Directory feature and Data Cable? Try connecting your phone to pc and then try transferring RWorld from phone to PC and then upload it on the website.

regards,

Rocky

Eureka! Eureka!

I am now sucessfully able to enable RWorld in Samsung2ON. The steps are as follows:-

1) Press on the down navigation button below the select center button.

2) You will be diverted to Mobileshop. This is like Cart. Here you have to Download application from your network for e.g. to download RWorld from Reliance.

3) Select "Search" option and the press ok button.

4) You will now get search screen. Type in RMenu in that screen.

5) It will search RMenu from your Reliance Network and then you will be prompted about the Size and rate of RMenu. Accept it.

6) It will start downloading and Registering RWorld. Then it will come up next to the MobileShop Icon.

Thats all.

Now I have to try installing Tata Zone in SamsungMax of Reliance if that is sucessful then even it can be used for TATA.

Can any give the name of TATA Zone icon on your Mobile phone? for e.g. RMenu was the name of the icon which used to open up RWorld.

If this is possible then lets try with SamsunDUO.

One thing I have to mention that both Samsung and Reliance Technical support were reluctant to atleast check from their ends using RUIM on their samsung phones if they had one as to why Samsung2ON was not able to access RWorld. This is the real pathetic approach of these Techies. There were giving me basic information which was present in the manual.

Moral of the story:- Dont depend on these guys. Find your way by yourself.

Regards,

Rocky

@ Rocky

Tell me one thing in rworld have u tried to open any wallpapers & saved them to your handset? If so then the wallpaper covers the whole screen of your handset,actually in my spice handset wallpapers do get open but are in small size and does cover whole screen even after saving it.

When i emailed this to reliance CC,i got call back from them & that guy told me that reliance has not tie-up with spice so if your able to use rworld applications it's fine,but from our side we can't help u.(But reliance themselves are selling spice handsets in webworld so how can give such stupid reply?)

@ Rocky

Tell me one thing in rworld have u tried to open any wallpapers & saved them to your handset? If so then the wallpaper covers the whole screen of your handset,actually in my spice handset wallpapers do get open but are in small size and does cover whole screen even after saving it.

When i emailed this to reliance CC,i got call back from them & that guy told me that reliance has not tie-up with spice so if your able to use rworld applications it's fine,but from our side we can't help u.(But reliance themselves are selling spice handsets in webworld so how can give such stupid reply?)

check whether it happens for all wallpapers?

check whether you have photostudio in your cell? If yes, try to enlarge it's size over there?

I have downloaded wallpaper on both SamsungMax and Samsung2On? In SamsungMax I was not able to enlarge the wallpaper directly so I took a photo from Camera and then tried to add it as wallpaper and while doing so I got an option to enlarge the size, later on I just went to the downloaded picture and then tried to add it as wallpaper. It worked fine........But I have not cross checked whether the wallpaper itself was of bigger size. But this process was not sucessful in Samsung2On, the wallpaper does not enlarges..............However, I will give it a try.

Why RWorld is not connecting through the Ok button of Samsung2ON?

Reason:- The Ok button of Samsung2On is actually configured to connect to Openwave Browser which is accessible if you insert TATA Sim and from here Tata Zone is accessible. However, when you insert Reliance SIM this button is locked deactivated until and unless you don't unlock or activate Openwave Browser in Samsung2On for Reliance SIM.

For accessing RWorld you have to download RMenus in Mobileshop as instructed earlier. But does any one knows how to activate or unlock Openwave Browser in Samsung2ON. (I know the process for unlocking/activating it in SamsungMax)

Hi Rocky,

Thnks for the post regarding activation of RWorld in Samsung 2ON. I had purchased this piece yesterday and was trying to find a way for installing RWorld. Reliance CC had given me a clear "Never possible in Samsung 2ON" answer and then I checked Rim web.

I have installed the application. But its not connecting to the RWorld. It always says "error connecting" or Request Timed Out. Please try later"

Are you experiencing the same or able to connect properly..

One more thing did you get any solution for opening the browser in this model. Will it support any external browser like Opera

Regards

Jithesh