Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rahulmalik_81

Voice Ringtone For RIM phones

hi everybody.i know that u can download voice ringtones on samsung phones but can we do it on LG RD2030.if somebody knows anything plz let us know

:clap:

No

u cant download voice ringtones on LG-RD2030, cauz it doesnt support them.

but cant we download it through bitpim or something like we can download the voice ringtone from samsung and transfer it to LG

;)

No

u cant download voice ringtones on LG-RD2030, cauz it doesnt support them.

Then how could u upload the bird ringtone ?I enjoyed it a lot can u add a few more like that

even the bird ringtone is not a voice tone... in the voice tones u can actually hear somebody say something like "pick up the phone ... "

Then how could u upload the bird ringtone ?I enjoyed it a lot can u add a few more like that

Well emmi,

Voice ringtones are different from midi format. Since RD 2030 has only a midi player built-in, hence it does not support ringtones in any other format

The bird ringtone was just a midi file, while voice cannot be converted into a midi. It is b'coz midi just plays musical notes, but voice cannot be represented by any musical note.

LGRD2030 does not and will never support voice ringtones.

why ? cause it was not built to. :(

It was built to handle midi tones.

Midi files are usually just instrument notes.

However, There are two less known instruments : "voice aah" and "voice doh"

These can be used for voice notes, But thats abt it.

Why arent these used in more songs?

well, most songs dont have "aah-aah-aah" now, do they :'(

But i've heard of hyms in midi format that do use these.

So you do manage to find such midis, you can play them on the RD.

enjoy. :wacko:

I was trying on the same lines, I tried converting mp3 ringtones into midi files in this voice aah format, but it didn't work...

yes, it'll NEVER work.

MIDI=Musical Instruments Digital interface.

in this format, no audio data is stored.

theres'a chip containing a wavetable, which Synthesizes the sound.

in a midi file, the sound is stored as X instrument corresponding to the wavetable in the chip, and the duration of the note.

since human voice cannot be reproduced by a wavetable, so,

it's impossible..

Xactly Static. But too tough for newbies. For them,

Midi files are nothing but notations compiled, They are played through a synthesiser port in PC which just plays the notes and not actual Audio file. So, voice tones can't be encoded into MIDI files accurately. I've tried but they sounded so bad that I left the venture.

Edited by turbasu

forget all that then how was the bird rintone made what instument was it and how can we make similar ones

I'm very grateful to Vishal Gupta, who has created/uploaded 'Bird' ringtone for RIMWeb. it's one of my favourites.

Bird ringtones are made up with instrument no. 78 with a high Octave setting (usually 90--100). It can be created with any midi file by keeping only one or wo instruments using Instrument Set 78 or by using 78th instrument inividually. All these can be done by using PSMPlayer. I'm uploading Bird ringtone and some others alike, for all of you right HERE.

I've added 3 more rt like "Bird".

So pls check them in RT d/l section for RD2030.

ENJOY!!!

hey guys,

songs are typically available on r world and anyways, the output of the songs is the speaker in the 2130 located just below the red blinker.. What my query was that if we can hear the songs, why cant we hae voice ringtones in 2130 or for that matter even the 2030 ? Reliance will have to do a little modification to enable louder broadcast of those tones thru the hear-piece, but what say guys ???

any techno-wizs' out here willing to experiment ... i aint too sure if this is the right place to post this ....... or has it been discussed somewhere else already ? mods, plzz :ph34r: correct me incase i have erred ....

lets ask : Y NOT ????

Cheers,

H A R S H A D

<TOPIC MERGED>

Edited by Chirag

Hmm good thinkning .... but then aren't we missing a small point ... wasn't this discussed earlier? in a thread which I made ... :ph34r:

well the songs u hear on the speaker when in R-world are lowest possible bitrate encoded songs... do not quite remember the specs now, if I am not mistaken EVDO encoded.

and well 2. The phone firmware is not designed to support a Mp3 playback ;) , nor is the processing power enuf ... played enuf on this topic ages ago ..

so not much choice mate.

Cheers

Ashok