Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sumatrix

Help!horrible Problem With Nokia 6265

am facing a horrible problem with nokia 6265.previously the display would go off when i would slide open.but now the slide has completely gone off.i got the slider strip changed thinkin it might be the causing problems..but even now the display is not coming on.i got it checked by replacing the display too,even that did not solve the problem. everything else is working fine.i can make and receive call and also listen to music..so guys pl help me out.what might be causin the problem.?pl do reply soon as my phone is lying dead from past 2 days

^^^

Did you get it repaired at Nokia ASC or local repairwala? Try again with a local repairwala. I had similar problems with my 6265 and I had the slider strip replaced. It is alright now except that the sound on the earphone is about 20 - 30% lower. Sometimes I have to switch on the loudspeaker to converse. All sliders and flips across all brands have this slider strip problem. Always go for candy barphones only.

In my case, both the display and the sound were gone, after replacing the strip, it got alright. I got it done at a local repairwala only, Nokia ASC told me it would take them about 20 days to 1 month and moreover, no guarantee that it would be done, so I backed out.

The guy who changed is new to repair CDMA.

get it to someone more experienced, and get it done.

The guy who changed is new to repair CDMA.

get it to someone more experienced, and get it done.

he tried by replacing both the display and the strip.but he said that neither worked.i don mind sendin the phone to u sadikk if u can help

dude why dont you try going to a nokia service center

if the display goes off it could b due to two reasons

1) most common reason on slider phones is bcoz of continues wear n tear from sliding the device the connector ribbon comes loose n causes the display to go off

2) it could b due to corrupt files in the symbian databse flashing the phone with rom could solve the issue ( i had the same problem with my n72 the display went off but the the hardware was proper flashing solved the issue)

whatever first just go to a NSC n see

Edited by mufaddal_km

yes bro take it to nokia care .............n do let us know whether ur poblem got solved

today i wnt to national market in bangalore.they said the phone was dead(even though it was workin perfectly except for the display)and asked me to sell it to tham for 1000 bucks.i quickly retraced my steps after hearing that.

My problem finally got solved. But had to spend 1800 bucks for it..the display had gone off too. So had to spend for that too.

My problem finally got solved. But had to spend 1800 bucks for it..the display had gone off too. So had to spend for that too.

1800 for a handset whose second hand price is around 5-5.5k.......... :NOTriste:

didnt u have nokia warranty or sumthing

Dont spend Rs1800 on old phone, rather sell it and get a new handset.

had to spend cos the handset was lying dead for a long time.. and who wud be willing to buy a handset wid a non functional display?

Hello there! I have this same problem with my cellphone!

The Screen remains black... like this one on youtube:

Today I changed the FLEX... but what I have read... is that the LCD probably is dead?? or maybe changing the Strip could help?? =S

is your phone under warranty......also did u change the flex cable or the guys at nsc chnaged it ????

u better show it to the nokia service center if ur phone is under warranty .....

for the fourth time i faced strip problem for my 6265.. my menu/call keypad was not working, and i found the problem is with strip as the button works when slide is closed. and will not work when slide is open..

after a week i got a new strip for 200 Rs.. i replaced the new strip . but now the display is dead. then i again changed back to old strip and the phone is normal. now.. as there is no warranty for that new 200 rs strip.. i lost the money and problem not solved.. getting strip for 6265 is little difficult too.. i dont know what to do next.. even if i buy a new strip and again its not working then ?? i am scared to take nokia shops as they charge more than 1500...

Any suggestions ??

the problem is with the connector ribbon ( strip) .....get a better one

nokia charges aound 1.5-2k for the conncetor ribbon

seems the one u got is not proper as the connector ribbon gets power to display and the buttons so both shud work fine is the connector ribbon is proper

the problem is with the connector ribbon ( strip) .....get a better one

nokia charges aound 1.5-2k for the conncetor ribbon

seems the one u got is not proper as the connector ribbon gets power to display and the buttons so both shud work fine is the connector ribbon is proper

can any one tell me from where can i get a good strip in TRIVANDRUM for my 6265 ?? i am going to Trivandrum on coming Sunday..

me to facing the same issue with my 6265

earlier my handset was going blank when i tried using the memory card and even got it repaired after paying 650 bucks to the local guy in gaffar.

now the complete handset goes blank as and when i open the slder !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by nitink

i changed the strip at nokia 4 days back for Rs 1200

got mine repaired for 300 bucks in gaffar

^^^

Gaffar Market is always the cheapest my dear Nitin.

6265 has been having problems since Day 1.

Display problem.. phone hangs.. camera starts automatically.

Manufacturing defect in 5 out of 10 pieces.

Nokia ASC's do nothing but rub salt all over the wounds.. pathetic ppl.

^^^

Gaffar Market is always the cheapest my dear Nitin.

not really

i went to 3 shops, first one quoted 550 bucks but he did not have the strip, the other one quoted 700 and was not ready to reduce a penny & the 3rd one quoted 300.

make sure u buy a good one or else u will have this problem again

make sure u buy a good one or else u will have this problem again

there's no way any normal non tech user like me can judge whether the strip is good or not unless it start giving problems again.

also once if u know the source of the problem, then getting is repaired is not an issue coz u can confidently tell the repair wala of issue and ask him to repair/replace that part only.

& thats y rimweb rawks coz members like u and others here keep sharing their experiences wrt issues, bugs and their remedies... as a result the chances of being fooled by these repair guys are truly minimized.