Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
shaleen

Using Rd2130 In Europe

Hello All

I plan to visit Europe in a few months and was wondering if I could use my RIM RD2130 phone while there. Would it be better from signal-stregth point-of-view, if I used my BPL GSM phone instead of my RIM while in Europe?

Specifically, how would I charge my RIM RD2130 with their power-supply voltage which is different from ours? I wouldn't want to risk my RIM. I have the travel charger with my RD 2130.

Thanks

Shaleen

first thing, i'm not sure if you can use the 2130 for international roaming. you have to approach the WW and they'll give you a SIM which you have to use with your GSM mobile. Follow the link and read on ...

International Roaming

Hope this makes thinks clear :clap:

The travel charger is a universal input charger and so it can suit any country power supplies. :clap:

Oh ...that means most of RIM's handsets are useless for international roaming! ;) That means one needs to buy another GSM handset for the purpose?! :(

Well, thats one more negative about using RIM! Not good for frequent international travellers...

You've to get R-UIM card for roaming aboad, at present some of reliance handset models supports R-UIM card, Like GTRAN, NOKIA 2280.

The Removable User Identity Module (R-UIM) system solution contains user information and data features on a removable smart card about the size of a postage stamp.

The R-UIM is a dual-mode solution that can store both GSM provisioning and CDMA provisioning on a single card. CDMA subscribers can insert the dual-mode R-UIM card into a GSM phone and instantly have all of their subscription data available in a GSM network. When used with a GSM handset, the R-UIM operates like a GSM 11.11 Subscriber Identity Module (SIM). For international travelers, the R-UIM allows roaming across CDMA and GSM networks with the same multimode terminal.

You can visit the nearest RWW for more details.

But the fact remains that one would have to invest in another GSM handset along with his RIM ...just for international travelling! :angry: I guess thats a major disadvantage as one could by a GSM tri-band and use it everywhere! Whats more you dont have to transfer your phone book, schedules and all... And RIM users without that crappy Nokia and the G-Tran would be at a bigger disadvantage in this respect.

Btw, can the R-UIM card store phone nos? If yes, what might be the capacity, etc?

Edited by raccoon