Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dintis

Chinese Mobiles ! ( No Debate) Just A Discussion.

I could not find a specific forum for newly available feature rich Chinees Models.

I have used for last one month Changjiang A918 model and it is superb with GSM+CDMA dual sim same time use.

Also have 3 inch touch panel, dual camera (VGA), 3000 phone book, MMS, WAP, Bluetooth, GPRS, USB disk, USB charge from even a laptop, Dual Battery, FM Radio, MP3/4 player, Stereo sound, mini SD card slot with 128 MB coming with phone.

It is now available in market for 5000/- with six months service warranty.

I could also find a PC sync software at http://rapidshare.com/files/71984019/ChinaPhoneSuite.rar (works with all Chinees models)

Now using it with airtel + rim sim cards. Till now no issues.

Request any one using other chinees models to share there experinace and also provide PC synch software links.

Dont forget, some of chinees models may be banned from india

Guys please stop buying chinese models, i hate them to the core.

they are discouraging big players to invest in R&D.

And without R&D good and cheap devices are not likely.

stop buying them for the cause :)

My dear friends, some of the reputed Chinese handset manufacturers are providing really good handsets with proper IMEI numbers.

I don't think that we should stop buying Chinese Handsets just to fulfill the dreams of big players or to fill their pockets with higher revenue.

Although if any Chinese handsets being sold as a duplicate of a reputed brand, then its not good at all. We should not buy the duplicates.

These big players can't even think to compete with Chinese handsets. They are really affraid of Chinese handsets.

I myself is using one the dual sim chinese handsets from the last 6 months without any problems. Functions are really great.

Regards.

My dear friends, some of the reputed Chinese handset manufacturers are providing really good handsets with proper IMEI numbers.

I don't think that we should stop buying Chinese Handsets just to fulfill the dreams of big players or to fill their pockets with higher revenue.

Although if any Chinese handsets being sold as a duplicate of a reputed brand, then its not good at all. We should not buy the duplicates.

These big players can't even think to compete with Chinese handsets. They are really affraid of Chinese handsets.

I myself is using one the dual sim chinese handsets from the last 6 months without any problems. Functions are really great.

Regards.

kamal bhai which handset u using????one query is tht in those is incoming show tht in which no it is coming like whether it is coming on cdma or gsm....i.e on ur set whom is calling on which no ....on cdma or on gsm....

Regards.

Indeed, its not chinese who are cuprits, its Indian importers, who are culprits of every thing. I have seen myself, Indian buyers teaching Chinese how to do CHORI in what ever they sell.

There are Youlong, ZTE, Huwei and atleast 4-5 other manufacturers who makes good quality, genuine handsets.

i do agree that today these china phones are offering alot more in the price range they fall in n infcat they have made d competition even stiffer

also v need to understand d mentality of an average joe user ...they jus want more and more features in a phone but wnt to pay less for it and in dat case a chinese phone is what lures him( camera touchscreen loud peakers dvbh tv)

also there r lot of genuine brands like zte, meizu who manufacture legitimate phones

but one thing i cant stand is cloning the handset ,making it look like an exact replica of high end branded mobile and there r a hell lot of maufactures out there doing it ....cmon i mean how disgusting it is to see a chinese phone looking like n96 but of ****ty quality and those overloud speakers

today ui cud see n95 and several nokia handsets which r cloned so extremely well dat by looking at it u cant make out the difference only way to know it wud b to see the ui of the phone thats where u wil spot it.

but then as i said u need to understand d mentality so whatever u say good or bad people who dont wan2 spend lot of money they will seek for a china phone

in fact even at one stage i was tempted to get a china phone but when i lifted in my hand d quality and the ui was so poor dat i jus gave it up

Edited by mufaddal_km
  • Like 1

kamal bhai which handset u using????one query is tht in those is incoming show tht in which no it is coming like whether it is coming on cdma or gsm....i.e on ur set whom is calling on which no ....on cdma or on gsm....

^^^

My dear Abhish, its model no. is 688 and yes it shows the network on which it receives an incoming call. See, if a call is coming on Cdma then it display 098xxxxxxxx© and if a call is coming on Gsm then it displays 098xxxxxxxx(G). Here © & (G) stands for Cdma and Gsm respectively.

There are Youlong, ZTE, Huwei and atleast 4-5 other manufacturers who makes good quality, genuine handsets

^^^

Yes my dear Kalpak, actually I was referring particularly to these three reputed Chinese brands.

but then as i said u need to understand d mentality so whatever u say good or bad people who dont wan2 spend lot of money they will seek for a china phone

^^^

Dear Mufaddal Sahab thats not justified at all. How can we say that all people have the same mentality. We can't expect all users to spend on Highend mobiles. I had seen even Crorepatis who are using these typical Chinese handsets. Then where is the chance of only those who don't want to spend lot of money will buy chinese handsets. Instead, we should leave this matter to the actual buyer. Customer is King. Let him decide what to buy and what not to buy.

Actually the highend branded costly handsets are only useful for those who are Tech Savvy, who can use nearly every feature of the highend mobiles.

Purchasing the highend costly mobiles could be a big mistake for those who are not that much tech savvy.

See, here in India, their are different people with different needs and different feelings. Some people use their handsets like a toy. They use the handset so rough and tough that every now and then they drop the handsets out of their hands. Now imagine if every time these highends mobiles dropped by them, then every second day we will see them purchasing a new handset at the HOTSPOT.

Again I will say that their is no harm in purchasing reputed chinese brands as stated by Kalpak above.

@ honest

u misunderstood my post

i dint say that anyone who doesnt wan2 spend money wud buy a chinese handset.i meant that majority of customers r not power users and when they go to buy phones they r pretty much tempted by what these chinese phones have to offer at that price they get all d features they wan at a very affordable price hey dont care about the os .... i myself have many frends using it infact somepeople have even bought them thinkin they were iphones or n95s at a very cheap price

u talking about crorepatis using these phones i wud tell u so many of my own freinds who r extemely rich use it .,,,even if i tell them that it doesnt have a proper os they tell me that they don care for os they r gettin what they want at a very convenient price point so y buy nokia or sony

i din mean that if u have money u shud go for high end handsets ,,,,,by mentality i meant majority of customers wud look into these handsets bcoz majority look for features n they get features for extemely cheap inthese handsets.

i m saying this coz i have a lot of pople (believe me a lot ) around me using these phones on asking them y they made this purchase all of them gave me d same answer that v r gettin alll features at such economic price point so y to invest in nokia .( have three china phones lying at my place which my frend has given me to ebay)

"Actually the highend branded costly handsets are only useful for those who are Tech Savvy, who can use nearly every feature of the highend mobiles."

its nothing ike that

u might b having a different reason of buying a china phone

its just my opinion bro d ultimate choice is the end users choice

Edited by mufaddal_km

its just my opinion bro d ultimate choice is the end users choice

^^^

Yes my dear friend, that's what I too said in my reply that let the end user decide which handset to buy or not.

Regards.

I am the first guy who import Dual-Tech phones to india, but i did it only one time.

I hate them to the core.

The OS sux, the screen is just huge and nothing else.

Come on i don't hate reputed Chinese handset. am well aware all biggies manufacture handsets in china, from Nokia to apple, they all go to china for manufacturing part.

My point here is if these handsets start dominating market we wont see new technologies in long term future.

and u cant feed ur hunger with chinese 5 inch display and 4 stereo speaker. one day u need better UI, better OS, better technology, better concept. We are talking about AEON, and some people happy in chinese handsets.

@ Kshah i know how importers corrupts the systems for personnel gains, but thats everywhere and in all business, if consumers stop buying these handsets, Importers cant corrupt Manufacturers, and manufacturers wont be making these lame handsets.

people often come to me for some trouble shooting, I dont even take these handsets in my hand.

U know all the ipods in the world is made by china, but u wont go and buy cheap Chinese MP3 players for ur family. just because u want more then noise u want pleasure of music.

I can clearly guess if Chinese handsets are ringing, their ringing sound is soo irritating that i feel i go and suggest the guy using it. "hey bro get some life, get nokia"

My point here is if these handsets start dominating market we wont see new technologies in long term future.

^^^

My dear Sadik Bhai, I think they had already started dominating the mobile market in India. And thats good also. Let these biggies have a tough competition with them.

We are talking about AEON, and some people happy in chinese handsets.

Its their choice my dear friend. We can't stop them if they are happy with Chinese handsets.

Instead we hope that some of the reputed Chinese Handset manufacturers should come with the latest technologies in the near future which could surely challenge these biggies like Nokia.

I can clearly guess if Chinese handsets are ringing, their ringing sound is soo irritating that i feel i go and suggest the guy using it. "hey bro get some life, get nokia"

You are right here my dear Sadik bhai. Some ringtones are really irritating sometimes. But again it depends upon the type of ringtone a user has assigned on his handset. Otherwise many chinese handsets come with really great ringones and produce really melodeous sounds through inbuilt Woofers.

If I was in your place, then I would never suggest anyone to buy nokia, instead suggest him to join our beloved RIMWEB and download some COOL RINGTONES from here. :P

Actually these chinese manufacturers should provide better OS and UI. People won't mind paying some extra for even better features in these Chinese handsets.

Regards.

:)

Well there's always masses and classes.

no ones fault.

I think they had already started dominating the mobile market in India. And thats good also. Let these biggies have a tough competition with them.

Its like diffrence between watching NEWS Channel INDIA TV and BBC World.

One day u will realize they are repeating same old story over and over again. and u not in touch with latest news. :D which is running on BBC.

Whatever one says but technology gets better with R&D and biggies invest in that only when they earn and produce better tech for us to use in future.

Mobile lifespan has been reducing as the tech and supported features are updated very fast. Spending more than 15 thousand on a phone which gets absolute in a years time and looks junk in every aspect is not justifiable.

So chinese mobiles are here to stay, only consumer needs to be well informed, why to buy and where to buy.

I am not for giving a support to big players, who drain common man in the name of brand equity.

^^^

My dear Sadik Bhai, I think they had already started dominating the mobile market in India. And thats good also. Let these biggies have a tough competition with them.

We are talking about AEON, and some people happy in chinese handsets.

Its their choice my dear friend. We can't stop them if they are happy with Chinese handsets.

Instead we hope that some of the reputed Chinese Handset manufacturers should come with the latest technologies in the near future which could surely challenge these biggies like Nokia.

You are right here my dear Sadik bhai. Some ringtones are really irritating sometimes. But again it depends upon the type of ringtone a user has assigned on his handset. Otherwise many chinese handsets come with really great ringones and produce really melodeous sounds through inbuilt Woofers.

If I was in your place, then I would never suggest anyone to buy nokia, instead suggest him to join our beloved RIMWEB and download some COOL RINGTONES from here. :P

Actually these chinese manufacturers should provide better OS and UI. People won't mind paying some extra for even better features in these Chinese handsets.

Regards.

well i dont think this chinese manufacturers will ever come with any ground breaking technology ...the truth is they don have R&D and all they r foccused is to rip off branded devices first they need to stop cloning b4 they cum up with sumhing groundbreaking

this is what even happened with meizu m8 , the only china phone which was considered grounbreaking ( it was announced when iphone was luanched ...it had similar dimensions n looks of iphone even the ui was resembling iphone but shockingly even d hardware was same though it was running on win mo and no it was not some clone but a well known legitimate win mo device) ) it was anticipaed iphone killer until it fell into legal issues for infringement of apple copyrights for using a ui similar to iphone

so the bottomline is these chinese manufacturers r more bend towards cloning n refurbrihing ui of branded phones ...so as far as "ground breaking" thing is concerned it will always b associated with big players

Mobile lifespan has been reducing as the tech and supported features are updated very fast. Spending more than 15 thousand on a phone which gets absolute in a years time and looks junk in every aspect is not justifiable.

So chinese mobiles are here to stay, only consumer needs to be well informed, why to buy and where to buy.

I am not for giving a support to big players, who drain common man in the name of brand equity.

^^^

Very correct my dear Prakash. Spending huge amount specially on Cdma handsets seems not to be good at all.

And its not justified at all to stop using Chinese handsets just for a CAUSE.

Regards.

i toatlly agree with you my frend today the technology is going at such a fast rate that if today u invested in some phone after some mnths u wud find a much better n updaed version of dat phone for even lesser price ...but then this is ,my frend,called technology ....if u just sit thinkin dat waiting for some more time you will get a better handset u will keep waiting only ...so one has to make a decision

watever it is its a subjective view some people like me n others on d forum will foolow big players n sum will follow d china mobiles .....apni apni soch hai yar

well i dont think this chinese manufacturers will ever come with any ground breaking technology ...the truth is they don have R&D and all they r foccused is to rip off branded devices first they need to stop cloning b4 they cum up with sumhing groundbreaking

this is what even happened with meizu m8 , the only china phone which was considered grounbreaking ( it was announced when iphone was luanched ...it had similar dimensions n looks of iphone even the ui was resembling iphone but shockingly even d hardware was same though it was running on win mo and no it was not some clone but a well known legitimate win mo device) ) it was anticipaed iphone killer until it fell into legal issues for infringement of apple copyrights for using a ui similar to iphone

so the bottomline is these chinese manufacturers r more bend towards cloning n refurbrihing ui of branded phones ...so as far as "ground breaking" thing is concerned it will always b associated with big players

^^^

My der friend, we could not blame all Chinese Handset Manufacturers for such a kind of activities. As all of them are not same at all.

Some reputed chinese manufacturers doesn't fall in the above category. And that makes the difference.

We are not against the new technology or the R&D by some big manufacturers but at the same time we should not say that only biggies do the R&D. Instead we should hope that in the near future we could get much better technology through Chinese handsets also.

And their is no BOTTOMLINE for almost anything in this world. Sky is the limit.

Regards.

"but arent CHINESE HANDSETS, ILLEGAL AND NOT ALLOWED on RELIANCE.

we should stop all such activities... which are.... AGAINST THE LAW.... OR NOT ALLOWED BY THE COMPANY.....OR MISREPRESENTED"

DISCLAIMER-

The above statements are not my view, but the view of certain gentlemen on this forum

watever it is its a subjective view some people like me n others on d forum will foolow big players n sum will follow d china mobiles .....apni apni soch hai yar

^^^

Very correct my dear Mufaddal Sahab. Thats what I'm trying to say in all my posts in this thread......apni apni soch hai.

Regard.s

"but arent CHINESE HANDSETS, ILLEGAL AND NOT ALLOWED on RELIANCE.

we should stop all such activities... which are.... AGAINST THE LAW.... OR NOT ALLOWED BY THE COMPANY.....OR MISREPRESENTED"

^^^

My dear Dheeraj. Reliance allows to use open market handsets also. That's not at all ILLEGAL if we use Chinese handsets with Reliance.

Although it could be surely ILLEGAL if anybody misuse any service provided by Reliance.

And you better knows whats legal or illegal my dear friend. :)

Regards.

Topic Title Updated.

I have confirmed from Reliance, and they do not allow any third party handsets which are not tested by it. Only a handful of companies (like Spice, Samsung etc.) handset outside their own are allowed by them AND CHINESE MOBILES ARE CERTAINLY NOT TESTED AND ALLOWED BY THEM.

So Dear Kamal, going by your definition, if it is not allowed by Reliance, hence it is ILLEGAL to use them.... (BTW I do not susbscribe to this view at all)

So why the DOUBLE STANDARDS, something else here and something else on some other topic...

dear kamal seems as if ur hopes r too high wit china mobile manufacturers well i yet to c sumthing top notch coming from them

n d simplest logic isall big companies r investing so much in r&d i have never heard of r&d in these phones n by d way wat will china phones have r&d forr???????? cloning

i have never seen a china phone going for beta testing or any china phone passing any cellular authority ( like ICA OR FCC) FIRST LET THESE THINGS HAPPEN THEN THINK ABOUT R&D

watever i think dis post is bcomin more of a war zone between china phone users and branded phone users