Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Open Letter To Arun To Improve This Forum

Dear Arun,

I am writing you this letter, after feeling deeply hurt in the last few days due to the attitude of some of our dear member/moderator, and was seriously thinking of leaving this forum forever, but was convinced otherwise by few of my close friends on the forum. I have been on forums around the world and would like to suggest a few things:-

1. If a person has been appointed as a Moderator, he should analyse all posts/facts without prejudice and comments. Yes, you have the right to either delete a post if it is not in the conjunction with your rules, But if that post is of a senior member, then there is no need to add any comments which are derogatory and will inflame the situation, resulting in counter derogatory remarks, which are bad for both sides. Also posts from senior members should be analysed very carefully before commenting by a moderator. If a normal member comments, there is no problem, but if a moderator comments, then it should be with grace and dignity of the position he is holding, and better not to comment at all, just delete the post or send him a personal message, if any senior member is involved.

2. The Openness of this forum should not be constricted by terms like, illegal, banned, Not allowed, specially against senior members by moderators. If you have a problem, send him a personal message.

Our forum needs to be spruced up to international standards. A few suggestions:-

4. There should be "My posts" link on the main page as soon as member login's, rather than through his personal details. So that a member can click just of his Posts and immediately see the posts and topics opened by him or posted upon datewise.

5. There should be "Online" band against all members who are currently online against their name, and no band if he is not online.

Many more suggestions will be coming from my side.

I hope they will be taken and accepted in the right spirit,

If you feel what I have said is wrong, just give me a word and I am ready to resign from this forum immediately,

Regards,

Dhiraj Kaile

1. If a person has been appointed as a Moderator, he should analyse all posts/facts without prejudice and comments. Yes, you have the right to either delete a post if it is not in the conjunction with your rules, But if that post is of a senior member, then there is no need to add any comments which are derogatory and will inflame the situation, resulting in counter derogatory remarks, which are bad for both sides. Also posts from senior members should be analysed very carefully before commenting by a moderator. If a normal member comments, there is no problem, but if a moderator comments, then it should be with grace and dignity of the position he is holding, and better not to comment at all, just delete the post or send him a personal message, if any senior member is involved.

Your comments seems to be pointed towards a particular moderator or few moderators. In that case, shouldn't you be sending this message to them and discuss with them unless the moderator that you are referring to is me? Or do you just want to convey this message indirectly through me so that they would see it too? Discussing with them directly would be most effective in my opinion, afterall you insist that you want to be "open".

2. The Openness of this forum should not be constricted by terms like, illegal, banned, Not allowed, specially against senior members by moderators. If you have a problem, send him a personal message.

I believe you are right, the moderator can notify the member in such a case through PM.

4. There should be "My posts" link on the main page as soon as member login's, rather than through his personal details. So that a member can click just of his Posts and immediately see the posts and topics opened by him or posted upon datewise.

I believe this link can be added as a custom modification. I will check how it can be added shortly to the forum main page.

5. There should be "Online" band against all members who are currently online against their name, and no band if he is not online.

This feature is already available. When the member is online, you will see user-online.png against the member name and when the member is offline, you will see user-offline.png against the member name.

Arun they are coming to u because discussing it directly is not possible, he will get one more opportunity to start one more so called Healthy debate.

I really support this letter and ask u to speak to him and get it done.

We come here to share our knowledge and learn, not for debates. Its rimweb not NDTVs We the people.

I think that means discussions regarding unlocking of phones or the similar way which is although illegal, but still helps common people to save their money from these big looters. One recent example is the price hike in Data charges which is heavily opposed in the forum. May be it is illegal for Reliance to discuss the topic here, but still they forced to drawback the charges. And also there are a lot of trick including using of other CDMA phones in Reliance, which is illegal but still we r using it bcoz those phones r a lot of features that we don't have presently in RCom's phones. But while discussing that topic in the forum, certain members are giving their views that it is illegal on the forum so we shouldn't discuss it. But still they forgot that we r discussing it here bcoz to help people not to encourage the hackers, whereas they can simply remain silence or just PM or mail to topic starter stating their views on that topic. And I think Dhiraj is talking the same.

^^^

Yes u got it. Asit.

Your comments seems to be pointed towards a particular moderator or few moderators. In that case, shouldn't you be sending this message to them and discuss with them unless the moderator that you are referring to is me? Or do you just want to convey this message indirectly through me so that they would see it too? Discussing with them directly would be most effective in my opinion, afterall you insist that you want to be "open".

I tried to reason with the particular gentleman and explain him my/our point of view. We had a small exchange regarding the same a few months back also. But since he is a Moderator and presumably more senior to me on this forum, he racked up the issue time and again forcing me to write to you.

I couldn't get your point. What did you expect to be done for the above point?

As pointed out by Asit and Sadikk, the whole point of this discussion is to avoid the terms NOT ALLOWED, ILLEGAL, FALSE against senior members. A quite PM ought to do that.

I believe this link can be added as a custom modification. I will check how it can be added shortly to the forum main page.

Looking forward to it

This feature is already available. When the member is online, you will see user-online.png against the member name and when the member is offline, you will see user-offline.png against the member name.

Thank you very much for the information, but if possible, a band would be more conspicuous and informative for newer members.

Edited by dkaile

Well, I am out of the loop of this 'debate', but all the names are highly familiar to me, so will urge to all: Gandhigiri yaad karo! Ahimsa se samasya sulzao!

^^^^

Point taken. I will not discuss this topic further. Hope everyone involved understands and reciprocates.

Never mind DK

I and my wife also have so many Disputes for so many Common things in house.

She keeps phone with Pillow in Night from last 4 year. I advice to kept at Table in Main Room. and still matter is not Resolved.

:lol::lol::lol:

Jab Hetal bhai - the geek who could hack into the wierdest of phone locks - could not get a simple resolution to the remote concern .. :) where are we headed :)

dkaile :) all points do seem valid - and i do support your views - and hope really well - i ain't the ear-marked moderator :) anyway ... Get down to gandhigiri mates :) it works a lot ......

Relaxxxxxxxxxxx :)

cheers

karki

I have been reading whats happening on the other thread and followed here to write

Whatever happened on the other thread was really unfortunate.

i did not like when sadik bhai compared him with a pig,also did not like when dhiraj bhai shouted at him (please no more debates or arguements on this).

I did not say anything on that thread because it would look like a fight between 2 groups and i just wanted the fights to stop.

I agree he was stubborn on that thread but we need a person who would atleast police us,before saying anything to him lets see his contribution to the forum,even before he was a moderator he was around in all threads encouraging new and old members in their post,there are posts where no one replies to new members but he is out there to keep that member comfortable.Even after becoming a moderator he is doing most of his duties as i see his attendance most of the time.You can see his feelings about rimweb when he started the thread "when will u be available on rimweb".

@Honest

accept the ways of the world today,there are somethings which have to be done illegally today as sometimes there are no other options,if u find anyone's post offensive please tell him in private rather then saying it openly as this may be insulting to that person.Lets all stay here as a group and as a family,lets fight but let the fight be small,sweet and logical.

well even i have been experiencing the same things what dhiraj is saying .....though i wanted to keep myself out of this but since this thread has been opened i would just like to give one view

i m an active member of many gsm sites, 'mobile guru' for symbian freak and also have my own blog ....one thing i found which i liked on this forum was the open nature which also made me an active member here

now i know there r certain things which r "illegal" (like unlocking posting cracks n all) but then v also have no option y wud u use crap from rim when u cud get powerful device unlocked also y wud u pay a bomb for an application when u cud get it for free ( for others they might not b costly but for us indians it is ) i know this might start a new dbate so just let it b

also as i have been with other forums i wud expect more from a moderator rather than just arguing or putting the last word in

( this r just my views plz excuse me i dont intend to hurt anyone its just that i m liking this forum n i wud want it to b in likes of other highly reputed forum

whatever guys peace n lets make our community even more helpful to those overlooked by rim or tata

Edited by mufaddal_km

case blown outta proportion... this is a discussion board with free thinking like minded geeks gathering to get one-up over RIM and the crappy lame phones they offer... move on mates !

@DK

dont blame you for taking it personally... anyone would...

Guys i am really sorry for everything i have said, but i was furious, he said - Some of member thinks they are only tech savvy.

i swear i never show off. I have invested my time, money, energy, knowledge to get this far. and only one sentence is enough??? No Way.

After all i am attached with Rimweb since very beginning, it hurts my dignity.

Whatever, i take my words back my dear friends :)

@ Prathod

I never called pig to anyone, i just recalled this say/phrase, i mean was i was fighting and realized later that they are enjoying it.

Moderators, pls close this topic

Kamal, let bygones be bygones

Lets all join in to make this forum a better place.... we are missing u...

Not trying to add fuel to the fire here, but only adding this as things seemed to have cooled down..

We all very concerned as to why this letter has come to Arun regarding one of our mods..

I was thoroughly present during the Courier discussion, infact i initiated that off topic discussion in:

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?show...15495&st=30

I also witnessed the exchanges during Chinese handsets.

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=15686

When ppl read the above 2 topics, they will have mixed reactions..

There seems to have been some more history behind this spat as Dkaile had pointed out in one of the threads.

After all, there should be complete transparency for RimWebians, as this letter has accusations but with incomplete information.

In case, if there really is a point, we would like to study it since its about our moderator @Honest.

Not taking away anything from what Dkaile/Sadikk are feeling.

Nobody will take such a step unless really hurt.

Can we pl have the links to those particular threads, where such 'debates' were blown out of proportion.

Thanks to all who had replied in this thread my dear friends.

Below are some examples how we protect our seniors if someone try to put them down.

Link for the below mentioned quote.

kalpak , I dont know why you are playing so dumb in this topic, as you have already converted 6800 to reliance with no extended back cover and even the battery is working fine. So why dont you accept that Y CAN DO IT as u have already did it. I see 5 pages had been spent on this topic site :confuse::confuse::confuse:

^^^

@Ashok

Cool buddy cool.

Kalpak is a very senior member here on Rimweb. You can't thrash such kinds of words on anyone. You only can give suggestions on this neat and clean forum but can't order any one to do this or that.

We have noticed that above is your very first post on the forum. By posting harsh words for co-members you will only loose your reputation on the forum.

So in the near future, please respect your co-members and be friendly with everyone on the forum. It will be good for your reputation on the forum.

Always remember, "FIRST IMPRESSION IS THE LAST IMPRESSION".

Regards.

And here is one more :

Link for the below mentioned quote.

if u got rworld by many trick then friend we r here to distribute our knowledge not to hide . ok so give that trick by which it help other . and if u want to hide that trick then plz leave forum becoz ur not for here.........................

@Anil

My dear friend, Hetal is a very senior member of Rimweb and you should give him full respect as he has given Rimweb a lot. Who says that he is hiding anything. Please search the forum and then you will get to know what Hetal has done for members of Rimweb.

I'm sure that you really feel sorry after searching the forum.

And in the future never ever blame any member if you are not 100% sure.

Regards.

Although it is correct that sometimes many members do not agree with others but at the same time we should give them only Suggestions.

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=15595

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=13464

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=13734

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=14741

The Openness of this forum should not be constricted by terms like, illegal, banned, Not allowed, specially against senior members by moderators. If you have a problem, send him a personal message

^^^

Agreed my dear Dhiraj Sahab. And please you too also consider not to discuss about Tech. Enc. in the open forum. You knows why. :)

Guys i am really sorry for everything i have said, but i was furious, he said - Some of member thinks they are only tech savvy.

^^^

I was not pointing towards you my dear friend. Please note the word "Some Members" in my post.

it hurts my dignity.

^^^

We respect you a lot my dear friend.

Recently we had closed the below mentioned thread :

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=15611

For this many members appreciated me, they said its a good step to close the above thread because If we'd have kept it open, other warez would be posted too.

Also posts from senior members should be analysed very carefully before commenting by a moderator.

^^^

Sure my dear friends. Why not. Actually for this senior members too should post in the correct forum. I had received some complaints that some senior members are posting their Buy / Sell needs in the open forum, whereas threads related to Buying and Selling should be posted in the Buy / Sell forum only.

@Honest

accept the ways of the world today,there are somethings which have to be done illegally today as sometimes there are no other options,if u find anyone's post offensive please tell him in private rather then saying it openly as this may be insulting to that person.Lets all stay here as a group and as a family,lets fight but let the fight be small,sweet and logical.

^^^

My dear Pankaj, it seems I have to do that only. But for that I think I should change my name on the forum from HONEST to.....DISHONEST. :)

Kamal, let bygones be bygones

Lets all join in to make this forum a better place.... we are missing u...

^^^

Sure my dear friend, after all we have to take our beloved Rimweb on the top.

And in the end, as some members suggested to go by GANDHIGIRI, then here is a little gift for you all. :)

flowerea9.gif

Regards.

grow up guys please avoid these things here. its kiddish <_<

Sadikkbhai, Dhirajji hav u noticed? Kamalji is not posting anything for the last few days. Even we cannot know his last visit to the forum as it is set to private by him, may be mods can view it. The above is the last post by Kamalji.

So I request all of u to plz conact him & bring him back.

^^^

My dear Asit. Thanks for your kind consideration.

Why do u think i will leave rimweb ?

Rimweb is my life and I love rimweb and you all.

Regards.

No more hard feelings friends. Our Rimweb is the best - and it is best coz of its great and friendly members.

We are one family - even in family we have difference of opinion sometimes.

I was wondering when is the next RIMWEB meet?

I was wondering when is the next RIMWEB meet?

I am also waiting for the Rimweb meet

Karki,Mumbai ka phir se kuch plan bana mere bhai