Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Saurav

Gtran vs Lg5130

New LG 5130 is nothing when compared to GTran 4020. It has only an inviting price tag.

1. 5130 does not support PC Sync as Gtran supports. 5130 PC Sync is similar to LG 2030.

2. Speaker phone- out of 1000 calls u will hardly use speaker phone for 1 call.

3. Hindi SMS nobody uses. SCH-N191 has same feature but how times has anyone send Hindi SMS.

4. GTran gives the facility to save SMS in PC, Add ring tones from PC, Better display.

5. GTran is being sold in international markets a camera with good resolution will surely be made available shortly.

GTran- Exactly same handset sold in other countries. GTran software upgrade will be available in month or two.

just a correction here saurav.... LG support sync.. and the LGsync application is a real sync software not an import export tool like gtran.

:angry: Hey wud like to have feedback on this. Just can say that LG5130 is good looking phone n colours r also good. Just had a look so can't say much abt it, can any body throw some light ;)

and if you use speaker phone it will drain your battery.

:D Hey can some one help.

Can U add wallpapers & ringtones to lg5130 like lg2030??? :angry:

:P   Hey wud like to have feedback on this. Just can say that LG5130 is good looking phone n colours r also good. Just had a look so can't say much abt it, can any body throw some light  :P

:P but can u add wallpapers n ringtones via bitpim???

and if you use speaker phone it will drain your battery.

most of the phones are designed for their features . so cant tell until some 1 reviews it after some hard usage of it..by the way any 5130 users here yet ?

Better display.

oh god.. "better display".. that is the first phone with bad choices of colors in the nterface..and bad resolution.. what do u do with lots of colors without a good user interface looks.

I have seen LG 5130 in Web World and read its features. LG 5130 when compared to GTran as only got an attractive price tag nothing much interesting in features when compared to GTran. I don’t think that Lg 5130 is comparable to GTran 4020 in any terms. GTran is computer controlled phone specially meant for new generation. Till date GTran is best handset provided by Reliance. I say if you opt for RIM you must opt for GTran (the ultimate handset).

Gtran display is wonderful experience it.

I say if you opt for RIM you must opt for GTran (the ultimate handset).

lol@saurav ... now ur speaking my language (check my signature) ... :blink:

I had the same craze when i bought this phone brand new ... The craze has now subdued .. but no doubt GTRAN absolutely ROCKS !!!! :quest:

Well personally speaking, i havent checked the lg 5130 model .. but its looks (images on relianceinfo.com) are quite gaudy and far from being sophisticated.

As far as the features and functionality go, some lg 5130 user will have to enlighten us on that.

Till date GTran is best handset provided by Reliance.

Gtran display is wonderful experience it.

sorry to interrupt . but are u saying GTran a best compromise for quality ? i feel it that way.. this is what i have felt after having used the handset of a friends .. better go for a black and white model(say 2030) instead of thinking that u have a color phone which is not worth it. Plz dont ever say that the pictures taken from the cam are the best too. LOL.

dont konw anything specific about LG 5130, but in general LG has better firmware and support - as against gtran which doesnot provide firmware updates and has no service outfits in diff cities

I Think For just Rs. 5000 LG 5130 is the best option

except for the 140 char sms problem, nobody has reported any other problem with this handset ... ofcourse, not many have this set ... so v'l have to wait for the reviews to come in - all those who own this set please submit ur report :P v're all waiting ...

i ve only today laid my hands on a Friend's handset LG5130.. :( its really kewl.. sorry to dissapoint the GTRAN users.. but really this mobile rocks :angry: .. the interface (is similar to the most widely used 2030)and the color combinations are real good.. the only uncomfortable thing in this is the arrow keys .. the right arrow key is so dangerously close to the "POWER/CALL-END" button.. and also another good feature is that RWORLD shortcut on the LEFT arrow key only starts when it is kept pressed .. unlike 2030 in which a tiny mistake.. and RWORLD starts.. over all .. i luv this handset.. ;)

Swaroop

sorry to interrupt . but are u saying GTran a best compromise for quality ? i feel it that way.. this is what i have felt after having used the handset of a friends .. better go for a black and white model(say 2030) instead of thinking that u have a color phone which is not worth it. Plz dont ever say that the pictures taken from the cam are the best too. LOL.

:D

everything has got some exceptional features and lack a few which others have. we have to choose the best for our requirements.

Gita is beautiful but Rita is sexy. Sometimes you can't get both of them you have to choose.

the same concept of girls apply for mobiles.

TO Gtran you can directly add midi files as ringtone. Supports upto size of 1.44 MB sufficient for a complete song. no other handset supports this. this advantage will be most felt after 30th Sept 2004 when others will be required to pay approx Rs 10 for ringtones. :clap::clap:

:help: to lg handsets many have added ringtones using bit pim. i too did it on LG 2030. if u have done it ask yourself do you get the quality u require. if honest then answer will be ofcourse no. u hv to cut midi file and many things to get in ur phone and still no satisfactory result. for my GTran many websites provides midi files for free.

GTran has got a few problems related to RWORLD. those are only software issues. actual reason is LG 2030 is widely used and GTRan is owned by few users. i thimk my fellow GTran users are not complaining to Reliance. earlier i was unable to save ringtones from Rworld i comlained and now ringtones are very well working. Similarly MMS problem will get solved in next few days.

but once Rworld gets paid all of us will forget to use Rworld.

LG handsets are so common that holding a Gtran really makes you look exceptional. :grin:

better go for a black and white model(say 2030) instead of thinking that u have a color phone which is not worth it.

i am saying Gtran is best not because i own it. it's features availble in Gtran which have made me to say so.

once a software upgrade upgrade is provided all problems will also get solved.

hope this is sufficient for you to agree that till date Gtran is the best handset provided by reliance. :D

Yeah the phone is real good, The thing that bugs me most is the battery too shor it lasts

Wat abt the colours is it better than other GSM 65K colour, resoluation??

TO Gtran you can directly add midi files as ringtone. Supports upto size of 1.44 MB sufficient for a complete song. no other handset supports this.
Ya i luv GTran in this aspect that it has a good pc sync tool..it has features beyond other phones of having 1.4 mb file.. Me using a 2030 feel that ringtones are short and sweet.. so i never cared even if its a 4kb allowed limit .. Thatz ok that opinions differ.. n every one has diff interests at things.. :P
GTran has got a few problems related to RWORLD. those are only software issues

ya i have had a closer look at this phone.. particularly the wrong construction of widgets like textboxes... the data filled in it appears out of it.. !.. hope its resolved too..

hope this is sufficient for you to agree that till date Gtran is the best handset provided by reliance. 

oh.. i wont agree it is the best.. but its good.. ;) and i hate the camera for it... is it made to generate ill visible thumbnails ?. :D

All the guys who r talking about GTRAN being best have probably forgotten about LG RD 7230 video camera phone??? :help: