Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Project - Foreign Esn / Meid Handset In Reliance

Please Vote!  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have Foreign ESN Phone on Reliance?

• I would Get Foreign ESN / MEID Handset and Retain my Number
    • No. I would Rather go for MNP to Switch to GSM/HSDPA when available
    • No. I am Happy with Current Reliance Policy
    • No. I like CDMA and would Switch to TATA for their Open ESN . MEID Policy

Successful Registration

Your Grievance is Successfully Registered. Note your

Registration No. DOTEL/E/2008/02171

for future reference.

I would now request all my fellow RIMWEBIANS to MOBILISE, MOBILISE & MOBILISE......

If we do it together, there is just an outside chance, we may just do it....

Send simliar letters in large nos. to these people.... and you never know, we may just do as we did it in the mobile world charges issue....

So get your typing fingers together and DO IT.....

Edited by dkaile

Successful Registration

Registration No. DOTEL/E/2008/02172

Was it supposed to be Dept of Telecom instead of Ministry of Telecom? I did not find the latter option.

Department of Telecommunication

Hi Guys !!

I strongly support the move by the members for supporting foreign ESN. But as far as i think, according to TRAI service provider cannot force the consumer to buy handsets from them. As they are only suppose to provide connections and not sell phones. Has anyone tried complaining to TRAI.

Regards

Raju

Aren't we forgetting TATA here?

What is it that TATA provides (In the context of this thread) which RComm doesn't ?

Along with blaming Reliance, we should also be after TATA or CDMA operators itself, in general..

Edited by ACS

What Reliance should Expect from Customer who Owns the Handset

* The Customer must know the SPC of Phone or it should be 000000.

* It will not Responsibility of Reliance for Activation Failure.

* Reliance will not be Obliged to Activate R-World on it.

* If Handset is lost Reliance will not Bar the Phone ESN as it Already Unknown to their Database.

* Reliance may ask for Memo, Bill, Credit Card Statement to get proof of the Ownership of Phone.

* If Such Document is not available then Reliance may ask Client to Indemnify Reliance for any Further Legal complication may arise if the Phone is lost, stolen or misused etc.

* Reliance may Keep a Separate Database for such Clients for their own Purpose.

@Dkaile

Your last three points talk about more work and no play for Reliance.. let them sleep yaar.. :sleep1:

Edited by ACS

Hello members please send mail as your Duty, We never know someday Its become Reality or Someday TRAI comes with Handset Mobility Policy. Keep on writting emails or Faxes to whoes who

Successful Registration

Your Grievance is Successfully Registered.

Registration No. DOTEL/E/2008/02174 for future reference.

I am also going to send a letter soon.all of us must write to the various authorities and send copies to all others.the more the merrier.

There's no ministry of telecom, there's department of telecommunications. Also there's ministry of information and broadcasting.

DOT

Successful Registration

Registration No. DOTEL/E/2008/02184

for future reference.

Ministry of Information and Broadcasting

Successful Registration

Registration No. MOIAB/E/2008/00331

for future reference.

Successful Registration

Your Grievance is Successfully Registered. Note your Registration No. DOTEL/E/2008/02169 for future reference.

http://grievance.nic.in/Netizen/arpgn.asp?...ievance&wcu

Click Above link and Select Ministry of Telecom and Write the Following, I have done my Job.

----------

I am a a Reliace CDMA Mobile Customer and the Problem is Reliance is not Allowing to Buy and Import Device Manufactured in USA or from any Other Country which is 100% Compatible with Qualcomm CDMA 1x Standard. Reliance is Forcing the Customer to buy only the Handset which they Sell from Reliance Web World outlets and which is Expensive compared to GSM Handset or Open Market Dealers. Thus this is a monopolistic Trade Practice to prevent any other Device to be used by Reliance except Reliance Approve and sell it through their Web World outlets and thus earning Hefty Profit Margins on Handset sold by Web Worlds.

I would Advice Government to Come with CDMA / GSM Handset Portability so You can buy CDMA Handset from Reliance and Port it to TATA with the Number with CDMA. Also Government should come up with Specific and Strict Rules for Locked Handset selling. Here in India Airtel and Vodafone is Selling iPhone Handset @ 31000. In the Same Price iPhone Unlocked Version is sold in France, Hong kong and Singapore. This is a shear Pressurizing Customer without taking any Burden of cost by the Operator or subsidizing anything for Customer.

Government should also Order all CDMA and GSM Operator to Unlock the sold device compulsorily after 12 Month of Sell date if the Handset is sold by taking Cost Burden by Operators.

I would Request Government to come with Strict Handset Selling Policy and get these Operators Tied with the System before it’s become Too late.

Hetal Patel

HetalDP@Gmail.com

@hetal,

Successful Registration

Registration No. DOTEL/E/2008/02185

for future reference.

I sent my mail. to all addresses sent by Dhiraj

me too

good thought mate.....this thing needs to be done....and if these ppl are pressurized in this manner they would surely have a go about it......will be sending it today.......

I have got this reply from Reliance Customer Care (serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com <serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com>) -

Dear Customer,

With reference to your mail received at Service Assurance Cell, we understand the concern and assure you of a rapid improvement in this situation, shortly. We are able to deliver world-class customer service only by providing resolutions to our customer’s grievances.

However, we are aware that the issues highlighted by you have been purely aimed at improving our services and to make our relationship with you last for a lifetime.

Dial *225 to get instant details like validity, talk time of your account via SMS for free. For further details, you can visit our web-site www.reliancecommunications.co.in or, write to us at customercare@relianceada.com or send a fax at 022-3033 6565. You may also call Reliance Customer Care by dialling *333 or 3033 3333 from your Reliance Mobile or by dialling 022-3033 6969 from any other phone.

Yours sincerely,

Hetal Shrivastav

Service Assurance Cell

Reliance Communications

Now my dear friends, what does this line mean- we understand the concern and assure you of a rapid improvement in this situation, shortly

Comments pls...

Edited by dkaile

An Automated Answer which does not mean too much for us.

they will just pay deaf's ear to our grieviances..........

Perhaps That's their stock reply which is automatically sent as reply whenever they receive a grievance.

^^^

Exactly my dear friends, the reply from Reliance seems to be like a LOLIPOP given to a crying child.

We can't expect anything from these automated replies.

Regards.

LOLIPOP - LOL :Contento:

But u know what, I dont think it is a lollipop, something is brewing in RCom.....

Edited by dkaile

^^^

I somehow agree with you, although the experience I have gained with my varied interactions over the last almost 6 years with RCOM's all levels may eventually prove me wrong.

IMHO, The wordings, "we understand the concern and assure you of a rapid improvement in this situation shortly"

are pleasingly different this time around. It is not an automated response that has been sent to you.

Hope for the best, something good is surely brewing at RCOM.

Edited by KumaarShah

Keep the Juggernaut Running buddy.

I am developing HTC Diamond ROM based on 20755 Core OS for TATA and will release Reliance Firmware only to Person who writes email to Reliance and Other Authority and mark a Copy to me.

Keep flooding those Email Boxes for Better Facilities from Reliance to US. Believe me

The reply that I received.

"Dear Customer,

In response to your mail received at Customer Care, we would like to inform you that we have made a note of your feedback and forwarded the same to our Business Team for necessary action.

For availing Reliance Mobile services, you need a handset that has been tested for compatibility with Reliance CDMA 2000 1X network.

You may visit our web site at http://www.rcom.co.in/webapp/Communication...dset/mobile.jsp or any of the Reliance outlets to check out range of Reliance handsets.

The list of Reliance Communications Outlets are attached for your ready reference.

Yours sincerely,

Archana Dhawale

Service Assurance Cell

Reliance Communications

The information provided is based on prevailing terms and conditions of the company, which, are subject to change without prior notice.

This electronic message transmission contains information from Reliance Communications & is confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, beware that any disclosure, copy distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received the electronic transmission in error please notify us immediately."

LOLIPOP - LOL :Contento:

But u know what, I dont think it is a lollipop, something is brewing in RCom.....

They are may be pointing to upcoming Reliance Mobile GSM Service on Birthday of Late Shri. Dhirubhai Ambani

Successful Registration

Registration No. DOTEL/E/2008/02349

for future reference.