Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Project - Foreign Esn / Meid Handset In Reliance

Please Vote!  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have Foreign ESN Phone on Reliance?

• I would Get Foreign ESN / MEID Handset and Retain my Number
    • No. I would Rather go for MNP to Switch to GSM/HSDPA when available
    • No. I am Happy with Current Reliance Policy
    • No. I like CDMA and would Switch to TATA for their Open ESN . MEID Policy

Following is the email reply I received, Pretty automated response only, as expected: -

Dear Customer,

In response to your mail received at Customer Care, please note that for availing Reliance Mobile services, you need a handset that has been tested for compatibility with Reliance CDMA 2000 1X network.

You may visit our website at http://www.rcom.co.in/webapp/Communication...dset/mobile.jsp

http://www.rcom.co.in/webapp/Communication...rm_handsets.jsp or visit any of the Reliance Communication Outlet to check out range of Reliance ready handsets.

Further to your complaint regarding restriction on using foreign handset in Reliance network, please note that we have taken your feedback and forwarded it to our concern department for further review and appropriate action to be taken.

List of Reliance Communication Outlet is also attached for your reference.

For further details, you can visit our web-site www.reliancecommunications.co.in or write to us at customercare@relianceada.com or fax us at 022-3033 6565. If you are a Mumbai, Maharashtra or Kerala customer or roaming in any of these states, you can call Reliance Customer Care by dialling *222. If you are from the State other than mentioned above, you can call Reliance Customer Care by dialling *333 or 3033 3333 from your Reliance Mobile or Reliance Hello phone or by dialling 022-3033 3333 from any other phone.

Yours sincerely,

Bhupendra Sandey

Customer Care

Reliance Communications

people at reliance will never improve they know only automated stereo type answer

^^^

It was expected after all. I have been saying that they are not bothered at all for high end customers because to them, fooling hundreds of small customers and making money out of them is better for the company's ARPU rather than bending backwards to a handful of high end customers for whom they have to bend their rules and amend policies.

Maybe we will have to wait for extreme competition from TATA, Sistema and other hopeful players in CDMA to make RCOM see the light of the day. Maybe the recession will also give a sound knock on their heads and they may improve thereafter.

So until then, there is no point in trying and making them bend their rules and policies for us. RCOM belongs to the Reliance family and there the business logic is to make the most money out of the masses and not out of the classes....

All this does not mean that we should not try out certain things as above, maybe we can somehow convince them after a lot of attempts. So folks, keep trying and hoping for the best.

^^^

It was expected after all. I have been saying that they are not bothered at all for high end customers because to them, fooling hundreds of small customers and making money out of them is better for the company's ARPU rather than bending backwards to a handful of high end customers for whom they have to bend their rules and amend policies.

Maybe we will have to wait for extreme competition from TATA, Sistema and other hopeful players in CDMA to make RCOM see the light of the day. Maybe the recession will also give a sound knock on their heads and they may improve thereafter.

So until then, there is no point in trying and making them bend their rules and policies for us. RCOM belongs to the Reliance family and there the business logic is to make the most money out of the masses and not out of the classes....

All this does not mean that we should not try out certain things as above, maybe we can somehow convince them after a lot of attempts. So folks, keep trying and hoping for the best.

^^^^ Correct observation there about fooling the majority, effect of Competition & money minded business activity.

Symptoms of a typical Baniya Business.. hehe.

As i replied earlier to Dkaile when he posted - "too much work & no play for Reliance.. let them sleep."

Probably, its the competition that will finally make them do this as TATA is more pro-active than reactive.. unlike Reliance.

Nevertheless, i also agree that its really heartening to see such efforts/pain taken by fellow RimWebians..

Probably next time the person writing to them can send them this link i.e. full of their silly automated responses, which might embarass them & bring about some change in their processes!

Edited by ACS

Symptoms of a typical Baniya Business

:Contento: .....good one......kabhi nahi sudhrege!!!!

Your Grievance is Successfully Registered. Note your

Registration No. DOTEL/E/2008/02726

for future reference.

:lol:

Hey Guys..

Alls good but has anyone heard about a breakthrough in the same with TATA CDMA ?

In case TATA also is rejecting such requests outright, then we can probably be soft on our allegations with RComm.

Yes, in case TATA is also able to do it.. then RComm will automatically be under pressure some what.

The problem here (by understanding various posts) might be that both wont agree since their systems might not reflect these Foreign ESNs. Then how will they go about doing simple things like:

1) Blocking o/g - We cannot trust a phone stealer with STD/ISD Calls even for a few hours till the number is retained in a new phone. Which means calling *333 in emergency will not work if their systems can't detect or instruct the host/phone!

2) Will *228 & number transfer work on such handsets ?

3) There could be other technical issues as rightly pointed out by various members in the beginning of this Topic.

For GSM phones brought from all around the world is never a problem cause operators need to simply instruct their respective SIMs which might not be the case here..

their system has foreign handset esn. they have fulldatabase.

TATA and all other CDMA service provider is fully compatible with ESN registering system.

Only Reliance is not doing it.

Yes with more than 20-30,000 members we should at least be sending them 2-3000 mails; I think all new members are just interested in solving their problems and when it comes to supporting Rimweb, they are all sleeping...

60-70% of the RimWebians may not understand this thread.

Leave alone newbies, as this itself seems far technical in nature..

i agree with u.most of the newbies'll surely take time to understand this thread.. And most of the rimwebians are happy buyin Mogul from sadik and happily using them on reliance.

by full database do u mean by database of each and every country havin a cdma network? I doubt it.

They have Major Foreign ESN in their Database but its Marked as Foreign / Roaming ESN

Reliance have Partnered Major Operators for inbound Roaming

Hi Guys,

First let me tell you one new funda in CDMA that is open market handsets(OMH). This is basically an initiative from Tata, Relaince and Qualcomm where soon all the CDMA handset will be sold in open market(like GSM handsets) and for service you will need to buy a RUIM(SIM Card) from respective service provider.

Once that implemented all your concerns will be catered.

Hopefully in 2009 we will have that kind of Handsets in market.

Thanks,

Interesting thread. Here is my experience. It is technically possible to have foreign ESN in Reliance Network (its no challenge to have a handset programmed to a CDMA network.)

Why Reliance is not doing it? 2 points.

1.) there may be qualcomm royalty involved. which reliance can charge customer for having foreign esn configured on reliance network!

2.) my struggle with reliance support and store people revealed that reliance uses some provisioning database tool which must have the phone esn defined in it. this database at present reconciles esn bought by reliance in this database automatically. I guess there is no provision / process developed by reliance to add additional esn's so far.

With India moving faster than world. not sure how reliance will cope up in having foreign esn's in reliance database when "number portability" across networks will be implemented. :Confuso:

TRAI / DOT may be misled by saying that allowing foreign esn is breach in security. changing esn's and cloning handsets is ..

Good Luck to all.

For "Reliance" people reading this : you are loosing money !! :sos:

reliance uses some provisioning database tool which must have the phone esn defined in it. this database at present reconciles esn bought by reliance in this database automatically. I guess there is no provision / process developed by reliance to add additional esn's so far.

If this is the case, then how open market handsets like SPICE D88/C810 & even Chinese ones are working with RELIANCE?

It is possible, but these RCOM people, huh...... :angry:

Edited by Asit

If this is the case, then how open market handsets like SPICE D88/C810 & even Chinese ones are working with RELIANCE?

Bcoz all of them are RUIM Based.

^^^

Amitji, still ESN is necessary.

Anyway my point is if they can accept RUIM enabled open market handsets then why not imported handsets (whether it is RUIM enabled or not)

Edited by Asit

That's a very good point.if a cdma phone is RUIM based then it can work on reliance without any problem.even many members here are still using Htc 6700 which has been RUIM enabled without any issue.here no question of eso has arised so far.then why are the reliance people barring non RUIM phones is really mysterious.even,if some techie somehow converts now a touch diamond or for that matter any other cdma non UIM phone to aUIM based,then,i think,it will work here without any problem.it is high time that reliance people should know this.other operators in cdma sector coming soon.if reliance doesn't wake up now and realise the offer of people they will surely migrate to other networks..

Got a call from Customer Care from Bombay today that my request/complaint regarding allowing foreign handsets has been forwarded to the concerned department and is being looked into seriously!!!!!

Whatever that means....

Got a call from Customer Care from Bombay today that my request/complaint regarding allowing foreign handsets has been forwarded to the concerned department and is being looked into seriously!!!!!

Whatever that means....

that means nothing

Really,it means nothing dkaile..

Well i think i am near to surprise this topic. :)

:o really sadikk

What sort of surprise Sadik bhai?

May be reliance is going to be sadik customer for low cost "DIAMOND" :rockon::thumb::D