Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Project - Foreign Esn / Meid Handset In Reliance

Please Vote!  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have Foreign ESN Phone on Reliance?

• I would Get Foreign ESN / MEID Handset and Retain my Number
    • No. I would Rather go for MNP to Switch to GSM/HSDPA when available
    • No. I am Happy with Current Reliance Policy
    • No. I like CDMA and would Switch to TATA for their Open ESN . MEID Policy

Hehe stop it Sadik. had ho gayi, :angry::angry:

tell me clearly whats there behind the curtain u know. or else i will die in patience.

:P

Sounds like Sadikk has/is going to achieve some major breakthrough on this. Good for us if that be the case.

Saddik....

Please tell us...!!!!!!!!!

Plz have a look at the following thread:

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?show...5481&st=163

no, i got it from htc's authorised shop

web world are living in stone age. neither do they have any info abt htc stuff, They were more surprised than me to see the handset and equally surprised when i showed them the bill since their system shows the price as 31.5k.

they took 30 minutes to figure out what the esn number wud be since Diamond is not a sim based handset.

HTC box shows a s/n number, p/n number and a meid number. i had to call the htc guys, they gave me another number, that particular guy was not in office so the receptionist gave me his cell # and finally he told me that the s/n number is the esn number which reliance needs. thereafter the servers went dead, after waiting for another 30 minutes finally i walked out from their showroom with some happiness.

Now tell why RCOM is not accepting imported handsets? If HTC handsets bought from HTC store can be activated then why not those SPRINT ones?

Edited by Asit

They didn't activate it, they just cross checked the ESN.

Which were already feeded in their system :)

RCOM has a profit margin of at least 40% on handsets that are priced above Rs. 6000. Why will they like to forgo this profit is beyond my comprehension.

Further handset makers will not like this move too. We all know that handsets in USA are cheap because the network operators like Verizon subsidize the cost of handset in return for customer entering into a 1-3 year long contract. For every sprint or Verizon handset that is sold in India means some loss for Verizon or sprint.

So, Reliance officially allowing handsets with Verizon or Sprint's stamp on them is just not going to happen.

The same logic holds for tata also.but quite contrary to this tata accepts foreign handsets on it's network.they are also losing profit in the process.then why are they acting differently from reliance?

@starnet

By this logic all GSM operators should block your cracked 2G/3G iPhones, O2s and other network locked (cracked) phones. Especially Vodafone and Airtel should, since now they have entered into an exclusivity contract directly with Apple.

Well i think i am near to surprise this topic. :)

:confuse::Decepcionado:

or i think sadik has signed up wid reliance to supply handsets..?? :devil2::multi::P

Edited by sumatrix

Sorry Guys, saw the thread a lil late. but here is my two bit.

Your Grievance is Successfully Registered. Note your

Registration No. DOTEL/E/2009/00080

for future reference.

Count me in for anything for getting us Reliance subscribers some leeway with ADAG.

Sanjay

@@@ Sadikbhai,

Ready to unfold the surprise yet.????

@starnet

By this logic all GSM operators should block your cracked 2G/3G iPhones, O2s and other network locked (cracked) phones. Especially Vodafone and Airtel should, since now they have entered into an exclusivity contract directly with Apple.

I am not sure if the likes of Vodafone and Airtel can tell with 100% certainty that a O2 being used by a customer is a cracked handset or it is a set bought with bill and warranty. For iphones, Airtel and Vodafone may be sure about the source of the set because they sell the sets but for the sets from O2 and such they can't be sure because those sets are sold by a large number of legitimate dealers/stores in India. Besides there is no ban on my buying an unlocked GSM set (legitimate one) from say Singapore and using it here in India. Similarly a foreigner visiting India can bring his unlocked O2 to India and buy a prepaid GSM SIM in India and use it while he is here to avoid the international roaming costs. I have seen some of the customers of my company visiting Delhi using the local Vodafone SIM in Nokia sets while they are in India. I'm sure Airtel or Vodafone don't want to block such users too.

In gsm according to rules and applicable standard they have to give unworkable handsets by code. however this rule is applicable only in europe. Cdma being us technology, they allow locking handset under the name of security.

The complaint can be made along with documentary evidence of earlier correspondence with service providers to:

(i) By post : Public Grievance Cell,

Deptt. of Telecom,

Room No. 112,

Sanchar Bhawan,

20, Ashoka Road,

New Delhi-110 001

(ii) By hand : Information and Facilitation

Counter, Reception,

Sanchar Bhawan, 20,

Ashoka Road,

New Delhi-110 001

(iii) On Phone : 011-23356666

(iv) By FAX : 011-23357777

http://www.dot.gov.in/pgcell.htm

Edited by vishalsheth

Hey SADIK bro,you were to give us a surprise here soon.we all are waiting for that.

Really I am fed up of this reliance policies

Actuall the slogan is very right when they had launched Reliance Communication

:Sorprendido: :Sorprendido: Karlo DUniya Muthi Mein :Sorprendido: :Sorprendido:

Actually that is not for us but they themselves :NOTriste: :NOTriste:

COmmon Reliance u need to change or u r going to loose many customers after MNP.

Atleast Help ur customers get satisfied with foreign handset as u people are not able to provide this handsets, even if u provide its not affordable.

I favour TATA's policy for Foreign Handset

Would Like RELIANCE too to follow.

This is all rimwebians & Reliance customers want

Even than if Reliance doest changes it mind, Sure they are going to loose me & my family members who are whole & sole reliance customers.

Edited by parin

^^^

well Reliance has few vaild reasons for not accepting foriegn meid/esn

they are in roaming tie ups with verizon and sprint , and they would loose millions of dollars worth of revenue if they were to allow this

u talking about tata

well tata has lot of issues accepting foreign handsets

1) they dont like to accept foreign bb

2) they have issues accepting meid , this is one major issue coz all handsets from 2008 are meid based

which means that handsets which are non programmable like samsung omnia etc etc will have hard time to get it on tata

3) they are most conservative network with tight security parameters like akey/ssd

Reliance is best , and is been bit considerate uptil now which makes it even possible for u to use these imported handsets

Edited by Mufaddal

^^^

you are very much correct,

Actually I hate TATA for Akey, SSD and MEID problems.

1) reliance dont have good cdma phone

2) the price are too high

3) if we are paying for serice . who cares what ever phones we use

4) if there is compulsion to use the CDMA purchased from them only, do same for GSM also (people will say thu thu reliance)

I would Request all RimWebians to Join Hands for making Mass user level Request to Reliance to Start Allowing all Customer to enable Foreign ESN / MEID Based Handsets.

Some Point which Support This move is

• As EVDO Services Requires HDR User name and HDR Password it can not Activated in Foreign ESN / MEID Handset the way we were Doing till now.
  • Other CDMA Handsets like Samsung Instinct, LG Dare, LG Vu, All Blackberry, Palm Centro is Impossible to Activate unless Reliance dont allow us.
  • Reliance will have less Pressure to Introduce the New Handset as after some time Some Retailer like Sadik can do it Officially.
  • As MNP is on edge Reliance will have alternative Channel for Customer Support on Handset Front and Retain there Loyal Customer in CDMA.

What Reliance should Expect from Customer who Owns the Handset
  • The Customer must know the SPC of Phone or it should be 000000.
  • It will not Resposibility of Reliance for Activation Failure.
  • Reliance will not be Obliged to Activate R-World on it.
  • If Handset is lost Reliance will not Bar the Phone ESN / MEID as it Already Unknown to their Database.
  • Reliance may ask for Memo, Bill, Credit Card Statement to get proof of the Ownership of Phone.
  • If Such Document is not available then Reliance may ask Client to Indemnify Reliance for any Further Legal complication may arise if the Phone is lost, stolen or misused etc.
  • Reliance may Keep a Separate Database for such Clients for their own Purpose.

What Customer Should Expect from Reliance.

• Reliance should Allot Dummy RSN Generated at their End to this New Phone after taking Due Undertaking on a Letter from Client.
  • If Easier Method like TATA can be worked out. Other then RSN. if should be done.
  • Reliance should Provide Latest PRL File on their Web site Column maintain for this Purpose only.
  • A Special Cell should be kept Reliance to maintain Compatibility of Handsets. and This should be also Published on their Site.
  • Reliance should Help to Activate Voice, SMS and Internet Access using CDMA 1x and Upcoming EVDO when available using OTA (Over the Air Activation) for Handset announced Compatible.
  • All Warrenty Related Issue are not Handled.

How TATA is doing this.
  • TATA dont use RSN type Funda to Generating Dummy RSN is not Required at all.
  • Just Reset SPC to 000000.
  • Load Proper PRL using Approprite Software like QPST, CDMA Workshop or in Windows Based Phone we could Dial ##PST# and load PRL from Memory Card.
  • Catch TATA Network then and Dial *228 to Switch your Number from Old Handset to new Foreign ESN / MEID Handset using ICC (Insta Change Card)

Then Why Reliance is not Doing it till now.

• May be They dont want Headache
  • There can be so many Reason.
  • May be Becuase of RSN Issue

What We Expect from All RimWebians.

I Request All RimWebians to write Their Comments for Some Points

To give me Feedbacks

To Send Email and Fax to Reliance.

Also Send Emails and Faxes to some Government Authorities.

All Official Communication to Reliance must have Your Name, Address, Reliance Mobile Number and Customer ID. All Government Communication must have You Email ID, Name and Address with Reliance Phone Number.

I think they should bar esn/meid if the phone is lost and complained.

Thanks Reliance, TATA, & MTS for listening to this forum request for registering the foreign ESN & MEID, Hope u will increase your business by accepting our request

Thanks to All the members who has joined the hands in this project

<< Mod note: Please continue discussion here >>