Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
spadival

Vpn Over Cdma 1x Network?

Hi there,

I am actualy using Rconnect and VPN together without any issues since last 6 months or so. Our VPN solution is based on Nortel Contivity so I use Contivity VPN Client and I have enabled RConnect as the connection to dial.

Not sure about what IP address you get but surely it's public IP so that should not be a problem for you. No idea about Tata Indicom though.

Regards

Umesh

Thanks Umesh. Thats exactly what I use for VPN connectivity :D

The Only thing is, right now I am undecided whether to go for R Connect or Tata Indicom.

Tata Indicom has an unlimited plan for Rs 1,000 pm (250mb download limit) an Rs 1,500 (unlimited download) whereas R Connect on FWP on Reliance doesnt have any such data plan !! Plus I am a bit scared about the Reliance billing nightmares !! :unsure:

12045[/snapback]

Reliance recently launched the unlimited net plan for Rconnect... all you need is a reliance phone with a 149/ rs joy plan and add on the unlimited net pack.. 1400 or 1500 rs a month.. the 149 joy gets credited back to the account..

Before you opt for either.. you should check the connection speeds you are getting and the type of ping rates you get from/to your VPN server.. data downloads / uploads to/from a VPN network can be huge at times..

I use a Cisco VPN client over the reliance network.

Hello friends,

I am facing a problem while connecting to my work place through VPN. We don't have a special VPN client, just using the one provided by windows.(network connection>add new connection > VPN > VPN Server IP address....)

My internet connection is working fine. But whenever I try to connect to the VPN, it just dialog box:

dialing <VPN server IP> ... and then

verifying user name and password ...

and then the dialog box just hangs for a minute. Then it displays an error 721:The remote computer did not respond.

I verifyed the username passwd to be correct and also other dial-up users are able to connect with the same server.

Can somebody please guide me as to what is wrong with my VPN connection?

Thanks a bunch

Tushar

Guys let me clear something

i needed a internet connection here to connect to our office VPN on a daily basic. I had TATA Indicom FWP Internet, thru which vpn was not possible.

We will be able to connect, but as soon as data transfer starts, it would be disconnected. When inquired i came to knew that TATA doesnt give VPN on wireless stuffs. but it did work on TATA-VSNL BROADBAND.

In case of Reliance FWP & Mobiles, it does work. I am currently using VPN On Reliance FWP for around 2 months. Working perfect.

We are using 2 VPNS

Checkpoint Secure VPN

and Normal Windows VPN Client

both working perfect :D

Why does the ip have to start with 10.* ?

I've never come across any ISP in India that starts with that number. Besides, I don't think it is necessary for you to have an IP in that range in order to use a VPN (Unless your Company has set that IP range I think). I've never used a VPN on a reliance or dialup connection. I used to have a VPN Earlier on a broadband connection.

Guys let me clear something

i needed a internet connection here to connect to our office VPN on a daily basic. I had TATA Indicom FWP Internet, thru which vpn was not possible.

We will be able to connect, but as soon as data transfer starts, it would be disconnected. When inquired i came to knew that TATA doesnt give VPN on wireless stuffs. but it did work on TATA-VSNL BROADBAND.

In case of Reliance FWP & Mobiles, it does work. I am currently using VPN On Reliance FWP for around 2 months. Working perfect.

We are using 2 VPNS

Checkpoint Secure VPN

and Normal Windows VPN Client

both working perfect :)

36450[/snapback]

Ashok,

Let me know what steps u followed while setting up the windows vpn client and then connecting to the vpn server? (i know this seems foolish but not able to figure out the problem!)

Any guess what's wrong with my connection?

-Tushar

well if u r under windows 2000

goto Control Panel > Network and Dialup Connections

Click make new connection

follow the screen instructions to create the connection

after connection is made, depending on ur use adjust this propery

under connection properties:

security(tab): untick Require data encryption

(use this in consultation with ur vpn server admin, this is done bcz if server doesnt support encryption, the connection gets disconnected with a error)

networking(tab):

click TCP/IP and then click properties

then click advanced

untick Use default gateway on network.

(this is done other wise all ur connections get routed with the vpn network. that is u wont be able to browse anything in the ie when vpn is connected.

You may use this as per ur requirement.