Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kshah

Good Points About Lg Low Cost Handsets, Based On My Experience With Lg 3500

I bought LG 3500 basic phone yesterday to replace my Palm Treo 700P as now I am using reliance as only incoming connection. I had no option but to buy LG 3500 as this is cheapest handset, I bought it for Rs. 950 bucks.

Now good part of this handset.

1. Reasonable built.

2. Reasonably good display.

3. 500 phone + 250 RUIM phone book

4. 950 mA battery.

5. Micro USB cable connectivity (I used my Nokia E71 cable, fits as it is)

6. PC sync possible, perhaps LG is the only company offering PC sync on soooo cheap handset.) Even PC sync was absolutely flawless.

7. I think, possibility of using it as RCONNECT Modem, may require some tweaking, see screen shots, how this phone is identified as hardware. I am unable to run diagnostic on modem, but may be some techie can do some thing by modifying drivers.

If it can be used as modem then perhaps this could be cheapest possible 1X modem. Please see attached driver, techie, please modify and test it.

See this screen shot of my hardware manager.

post-842-1223621601_thumb.jpg

Index page in the phone, you may be able to get necessary web addresses used.

homeindex.htm

Entire NV file system, those who wants to peek in to it.

LG_USB_Modem_Driver.rar

Edited by Honest

Yes my dear friends, no doubt that LG RD3500 is the most reasonably priced handset. Also the battery life of this handset is really great.

And if it could work as modem for rconnect, then that will be really a WOW effect for it.

Yaani, Sone Pe Suhaaga.

Regards.

Agree, 3500 is a good handset, and not at all bad looking for its price. Hope the techie will be able to crack the net connection thing. Also, waiting for the unlock procedure, like with 3000/3100.

Hey even i had bought this about a few days back. The phone takes a long time to get fully charged. Like it takes more than 5 hours. Also it gets heated up a lot while charging, not to mention the heat dissipated while using it. Is it like this for everyone who are using this phone? Ok i know this phone had costed me just 999/-, but just wanted to clarify the doubts...

Dear Kshah and Moderators.

You are requested to remove this Attachment

3500_root.zip ( 177.46K ) Number of downloads: 15

As it contains your personal information :- Your whole PhoneBook, Call History, SMS in one of folder(/DB) of this File.

Sorry, If I am wrong and you willingly want everyone to get these personal infos.

Edited by @mitJ@in

Dear Kshah and Moderators.

You are requested to remove this Attachment

3500_root.zip ( 177.46K ) Number of downloads: 15

As it contains your personal information :- Your whole PhoneBook, Call History, SMS in one of folder(/DB) of this File.

Sorry, If I am wrong and you willingly want everyone to get these personal infos.

^^^

My dear friends, we have removed the attachement temporarily as Amit has told above that the attached file has some personal information.

As Kshah is not online right now, we assume that he will do the needfull by attaching the new or the existing file tomorrow.

And thanks to Amit for the information.

Regards.

Hey even i had bought this about a few days back. The phone takes a long time to get fully charged. Like it takes more than 5 hours. Also it gets heated up a lot while charging, not to mention the heat dissipated while using it. Is it like this for everyone who are using this phone? Ok i know this phone had costed me just 999/-, but just wanted to clarify the doubts...

Yes, that 1000 mAh battery takes its own sweet time to charge, but then, the battery life itself is very good. My 3500 easily lasts 3 to 4 days on one full charge, with moderate talking. Heat from CDMA heat is normal. I recommend that if your usage is high, get a hands free, it will be a great comfort.

Amit thanks for drawing attention of mods forremoval of file. I backed up to try to check if AT commands are enabled in BIN.

If you analyze price, then 950 mAH battery of Nokia cost about 800 and LG Rs. 650. handsets Rs. 950 - 1000 :D

You get 1 year warranty, new charger and handset which can be synced with computer.

Charging time has to be more as, to keep cost low, they have reduced charger current to 450 mA, max, means ideally it should not take less than 3 hours (if phone is off)

The best part drop it a thousand times but it will still not loose its will power :Sorprendido::Sorprendido::Sorprendido:

Hmm thanks for the input...guys !!

Charging time has to be more as, to keep cost low, they have reduced charger current to 450 mA, max, means ideally it should not take less than 3 hours (if phone is off

Earlier Current Ampares was 1Amperes so It could charge 950 mAh battery in 1 hour.

My dear friends, this handset is definetely seems to be a solid one. Its the best entry level mobile with such a robust battery.

Regards.

Sorry to bump this thread again; but i am curious to know about the handsfree which can be used with LG RD 3500. Any particular make/model i should be looking out for? I cant find any suitable handsfree accessory list for this phone.

I have used my samsung 191 mono handsfree successfully. U can try lg 2030 one too.

well recently bought the h/s for my driver its the perfect and robust handset and that too @ 900/- amazing

Dear Friend

I went to purchase 3500 but the market person told me that it is impossible

to unlock it due to some chip alteration??

It appears that now very few people are working in unlocking handsets, especially low end CDMA.

@rajesh,

Why would you want to unlock the 3500 mobile, for some other network? Or is it for some other country? Or for some other reason?