Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vivekmukherji

Want To Buy New Htc Handset - Need Recommendation

Hello Folks

I am new to RIMWEB and after going through so many posts I am sure there are many helpful people who can help me in choosing the right handset for my reliance connection.

I have been using Reliance phones (LG) since last 4 years and I think it is time for me to move to a more stable platform. I want to buy a Windows Mobile and seek the expert advice from folks on this forum.

My requirements :

Stable Windows Based CDMA Handset with

1. Really Long Battery Life

2. Bluetooth/Wi-Fi

3. Decent Camera

4. Expansion Slot which supports 4-8 GB SD Cards

I am based out of Bangalore , so would appreciate if you can also let me know about some reliable places in Bangalore to look out for such handsets. I can also arrange for some handset from outside India but need to know which handsets will work in India with reliance. Can those be unlocked and made to work with Reliance ? I have seen many posts on the forum where unlocking steps are mentioned, but since it is an expensive investment, I would like to re-confirm if the unlocking has any drastic impact on the features (from software point)

Looking forward to some help

Thanks

Vivek

Go for HTC Touch Diamond available with all Reliance @ 40,000 bucks Only :)

40 k bucks only.......... :Contento:

thats way too much

bro simply if u like to go for a win mo device my suggestion would b buy htc mogul or htc touch they work nicely on reliance after a bit of workaround....or if u want a more stable device go for palm treo its a gr8 value for money....u can read the forums for more info

also if at all u want touch diamond just wait till our techie cracks it.........n u will get it for half the price than the official one from reliance

Please dont invest in this monopolistic CDMA technology. Wait for number portability and go to GSM. Dont fall into this trap. It ****s u in.

Above are my views. Think what u prefer and decide, but never buy a 25k handset for 40k.

Hello Folks

My requirements :

2. Bluetooth/Wi-Fi

3. Decent Camera

Thanks

Vivek

I wonder if WM can give you 1. Really Long Battery Life

i have seen 6800, which was better than 6700 but not as good as palm treo 700p. Though 6800 screen ws 50% brighter than treo 700P

Diamond with 1350 mAH battery and 256 + 32 MB RAM, faster CPU and high resolution screen it may not give good battery life

read here

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/HTC-Touch-...r_2034-p_6.html

Hello Phone Gurus

Based on your replies, I understand that HTC Diamond is comparatively better than the Touch. However after going through other posts in this forum, I came to know that HTC Diamond works with TATA but not with reliance (currently). Can someone please help me the following :

$1 . How do I buy HTC Touch or HTC Diamond in India apart from Reliance. Because certainly I am not going to shell out 40K for something whose's GSM version is available for 25K.

#2 . In many posts I see a gentleman called Sadik being referred here who I also presume is a "Phone Guru". Does he also sell HTC as mentioned by him in his signature ? Has anyone tried it? I would be very interested to know if he has any branch in Bangalore.

#3 Has the HTC Diamond been "unlocked" for use with Reliance? If yes, are there any software limitations after "unlocking" ?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I really need to make a good choice before I invest money in a good phone.

Many Thanks

Vivek

#1 . How do I buy HTC Touch or HTC Diamond in India apart from Reliance. Because certainly I am not going to shell out 40K for something whose's GSM version is available for 25K.

HTC Touch may be available with Sadik if he has stock. So contact him and see.

#2 . In many posts I see a gentleman called Sadik being referred here who I also presume is a "Phone Guru". Does he also sell HTC as mentioned by him in his signature ? Has anyone tried it? I would be very interested to know if he has any branch in Bangalore.

He doesn't run a company, but is just a "gentleman" as you said and he is based in Mumbai. He can courier it anywhere in India. He may have stock of HTC Touch, so contact him and check.

#3 Has the HTC Diamond been "unlocked" for use with Reliance? If yes, are there any software limitations after "unlocking" ?

Not yet

I bought HTC S720 in Bangalore a week ago. 19.25k after bargain.

Runs on Windows 6.0 Mobile. Feels like Win XP.

No problems. One small complaint is that one cant transfer old addressbook.

They have a second sliding keyboard (QWERTY).

Has bluetooth, 2mp camera. Supports up to 2 GB ext card.

Web browsing is fast. Comes with software and cable to sync with PC.

Should be a good buy.

Hello Folks

I am new to RIMWEB and after going through so many posts I am sure there are many helpful people who can help me in choosing the right handset for my reliance connection.

I have been using Reliance phones (LG) since last 4 years and I think it is time for me to move to a more stable platform. I want to buy a Windows Mobile and seek the expert advice from folks on this forum.

My requirements :

2. Bluetooth/Wi-Fi

3. Decent Camera

I am based out of Bangalore , so would appreciate if you can also let me know about some reliable places in Bangalore to look out for such handsets. I can also arrange for some handset from outside India but need to know which handsets will work in India with reliance. Can those be unlocked and made to work with Reliance ? I have seen many posts on the forum where unlocking steps are mentioned, but since it is an expensive investment, I would like to re-confirm if the unlocking has any drastic impact on the features (from software point)

Looking forward to some help

Thanks

Vivek

Hi Vivek,

Keeping all your requirements in mind , simply go for HTC mogul (undisputed contender & value for money as well) followed by S720 &then for Diamond.

Phone Guru Sadik is the best person to approach for your device.

HTC diamond is too expensive as of now ,whereas you can get mogul at much less cost(between 13K-18K)---decide wisely(iam sure u'll make a logical decison)

whatever u choose just bear one thing in mind its not worth to invest a huge sum( more than 16 17 k) of money in a cdma phone

Hi Everyone.. i'm also a new member to this forum.. Could you help in identifying which HTC phone would be a best buy at this moment (with a budget of 18 K )

Plz leave HTC Diamond apart.

for ur budget htc mogul at present wud b the bset buy .......u can google for features ...u wont get warranty though

but the official htc handsets which r available form reliance r costly and utter crap

Hi Everyone.. i'm also a new member to this forum.. Could you help in identifying which HTC phone would be a best buy at this moment (with a budget of 18 K )

Plz leave HTC Diamond apart.

^^^

Welcome to the forum my dear friend. With the above budget you can have HTC S720. It could be the best choice for you.

Its available under 18K with Warranty.

I'm using the same and very much satisfied with it.

Can't recommend Imported CDMA Handsets as they are already under Dot's Scanner. They can be banned in India in the near future.

So, if you want peace of mind, then purchase the handset with Warranty only.

Regards.

@ Gadgetgirl and vivekmukherji

HTC S720 is utterly waste of money, the handset was launched in USA in year 2005 and its badly out dated there and here as well.

Our monopolistic CDMA service providers feeding us this thinking we don't have any options left. (Thanks to HP)

Trust me i never ever heard a good thing about this smart phone, (Its not PDA/PPC) everyone bought it always said they have wasted their money.

ill suggest u to go for Palm Treo 755, or HTC MOGUL (my sincere advice irrespective where u buy it from). this 2 handsets are real worth of money.

No foreign CDMA hnadset has been under DoT scanner till now...it's just a speculation by few members of this forum ....secondly no foreign CDMA handset will ever b banned for a simple reason that we all r using it with valid esn and imsi .....so pls stop spreading wrong notions .....

If foreign cdma handsrts r under DoT scanner can v have the source of information which says this

My dear friends it was confirmed upto yesterday that Imported Gsm / Cdma handsets with improper IMEI numbering or BAD ESN will be banned from 6 January.

But today I heard that Telecom Operators have come with an option to Upgrade the Mobile Software through which even improper IMEI number handsets will get the life. That means by downloading the software on the mobile the handset will get a new Unique Number for Identification purpose.

But this option came from Gsm Operators only. No confirmation from CDMA Operators till date.

So, I'm still doubtful about Imported CDMA handsets.

My dear kamal all these articles that've been posted coment about phones without imei there is no mention about CDMA handsets or phones with bad esns ....so y r u mentioning it again and again ...also as I have said earlier there is difference between bad esn and improper imei ...

Also remember one thing DoT hve never been on their words .....

The reason why I'm mentioning this thing again and Again is that I don't want that a person who is plannin to buy these imported CDMA handsets gets intimidated unnecessarily....if v can't help them then let's not even scare them ....

Hope u understand what I mean

All good quality imported handsets (like Treo and HTC) have VALID IMEI numbering, only ES* is changed as per service provider and this is is a provisioning provided abroad compulsorily so as to allow even the same service provider to change ES*, so fear not, no good quality handset will have any problems....

Though I cannot say the same about majority of the unscrupulous CHINESE handsets ruling the roost in our markets.... They are the ones who are going to face the flak...

Also all these imported handsets come with a FCC ID like all branded gsm handsets and also has IC like gsm handsets ...and these handsets have serial numbers ...which gives info about the make and region of the handsets

What Dot is referring to r those handsets which have no IDs of any sort like the few one you see in Chinese mobiles

So bottomline is don't b afriad to buy these imported cdma handsets

My dear kamal all these articles that've been posted coment about phones without imei there is no mention about CDMA handsets or phones with bad esns ....so y r u mentioning it again and again ...also as I have said earlier there is difference between bad esn and improper imei ...

My dear Mufaddal, it seems you didn't read my post properly. Just read it again. I had clearly mentioned ..........."So, I'm still doubtful about Imported CDMA handsets"....... read the word DOUBTFUL. Hope you understand. It doesn't anywhere confirm that this is going to be banned. Its DOUBTFUL only.

And regarding mentioning it again and again, let me tell you my dear friend, I don't have to take your permission to post the stuff on the forum. As this is a democratic forum and every member have the right to post his / her views.

Hope you understand my dear Mufaddal Sahab.

And it seems that you didn't even read my full post above your's. I clearly mentioned this......

But today I heard that Telecom Operators have come with an option to Upgrade the Mobile Software through which even improper IMEI number handsets will get the life. That means by downloading the software on the mobile the handset will get a new Unique Number for Identification purpose.

@ Honest

GSM and CDMA is very different technology, as u see IMEI is very important in GSM, and no such parameter is required in CDMA to block or trace calls.

in CDMA ESN and MIN is the combination for access, and in GSM only IMEI is the source.

so if ESN and MIN combination is not matching according to service provider database it will already deny access, where in GSM if IMEI is wrong u can still get network access to make calls and SMS.

So CDMA is not under such scanner at first place.

google or wiki about it and than comment on such issues as this can misguide to new members here.

Hope u understand the issue and sensitiveness of entire matter.

So CDMA is not under such scanner at first place.

google or wiki about it and than comment on such issues as this can misguide to new members here.

Hope u understand the issue and sensitiveness of entire matter.

@Sadik

A good clarification although.

But don't need to google as have enough information on the same.

No intention to misguide anyone be it a newbie or and experienced member. It were just my views. Other members are free to agree with or not.

My dearest frend kamal ...I have readur post many times and I have seen you commenting in other thread as well that u don't recommend. Imported handsets as they cud b banned ...that's y I told u this

And again u talkin about this forum been democratic ...I know it's democratic u can post any views u wish ...but make sure ur views r not your doubts which would misguide someone

U had a doubt about bad esn handsets getting banned I understand u r view but that doesn't mean u post something witout confirming it ....not only me but even others would expect a mod of a forum to confirm something before giving advice

I don't want to argue on this ...I hve made my point clear about these foreign handsets ,that's what I wanted I don't wanna get into any quarrel a I beiefe in helping others rather than arguing

And the reason y I had to comment here this is cox I have Got a couple of pms from people asking me whether it is safe to invest in these handsets or not .....so I wanted to clear this doubt in open

Bro u r free to comment on my post as much as u want ......I m on this forum to learn and help so I m not gonna argue anymore.....I will rather break my head on discussing something else

Adiós

Hmmm...... How can anyone be misguided by anyone's DOUBTS, which still are doubts only ? Can't understand this theory.

not only me but even others would expect a mod of a forum to confirm something before giving advice

What ADVICE man ? I'm just putting my views on the forum and not advising anyone.

Anyways I too don't want too argue related to this any further.

So no comments further.

Priority wise Devices for Reliance

1. HTC Mogul / 6800 (Decent Battery with Wifi and Windows OS)

2. Palm 755 (Stable Palm OS / Long Battery)

Diamond have very bad Batery life