Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vvinayakpai

Rcom Manipulating Cdma Handset Prices?

I have noticed that the handsets offered on the CDMA platform by Reliance mostly remain very constant. Whereas on a comparison with the GSM segment, the depreciation in the GSM handsets is really huge. A GSM handset costing 10k today costs almost 8k within a 2 month time frame. Whereas Nokia 6275 is still hovering around that 10k range for a very very long time....

I actually want to buy that handset but the price is a deterrent. I want it to come down further so that I can lay my hands on that handset. Currently I am using a LG RD 2650.

Is RCOM holding the prices of the handsets from falling in orider to maximise their prifits????????????

Whereas Nokia 6275 is still hovering around that 10k range for a very very long time....

Price is around Rs.9k now not 10k

and

Is RCOM holding the prices of the handsets from falling in orider to maximise their prifits????????????

Rcom is not holding the price of Nokia 6275 I think so, Nokia has hold the prices.

Whereas on a comparison with the GSM segment, the depreciation in the GSM handsets is really huge.

Because of Mass production in GSM. Nokia CDMA are produced very less than GSM.

this will be solved only if CDMA services are started all over the world, or atleast in india cdma should be promoted more than gsm..

when demand is more then mass production occurs and price will be reduced

but now the demand is very less and they produce only very few numbers and thats why the rate is high..

BSNL is starting cdma services and if more virtual cdma networks emerges in india then we can find good nokia handsets with less price..

Edited by savramesh

Nokia is not locking handsets like lg, samsung and other handset manufacturers so nokia handsets are more expensive and it does not depreciate

Simple rule

When volume is up - the prices are down - GSM

when volume is low - prices are high - CDMA

I dont think this will change. Since the gap between GSM and CDMA is still widening. It will take a miracle for CDMA to bounce back

CDMA will be vanished gradually....

CDMA will be vanished gradually....

10 countries on CDMA.

Will the operators burn down their infrastructure?

If its there since so much time, its here to stay..

In case you're talking about CDMA phone manufacturers, the last player will have monopoly which nobody can bear.

So this will never stop. :NO:

Yes or no CDMA will command only 10% Volume of World Telecom Industries. CDMA is dieing gradually

Biggest Player in Canada Telus and Bell have Started laying HSPA Infrastructure along with CDMA / EVDO.

Sprint have Started WiMax and Verizon is busy with openwave Access Network in Proprietary 700 mhz Band advocated by Google.

Mark my word by Revenue These Four Operator Commands 80% or World Profit through CDMA is finding alternatives. Who cares for Reliance and TATA from India. they are bigger in Number of Customer but at least 5 to 10 year away in Revenue per year using CDMA as Technology. even Reliance and TATA is also Planning GSM. Biggest CDMA Player of World is China Mobile with arond 25 crore GSM and around 5 Crore CDMA Customer also like to Expand only in GSM / HSPA. in Australia and New Zealand CDMA have been kicked off.

Only in Korea and Japan EVDO is working but HSPA have outperformed by more then 50% in 2 year.

All CDMA Profitable Operator in World have alternatively started GSM but none of Successful GSM Player have ever looked at CDMA except BSNL for no Reason.

Remember Qualcomm earning by CDMA Patent is less then the Profit by making HSDPA / 3G GSM Chipsets like MSM72xx etc. Qualcomm is more concentrating on Chipset / Processor / RF Modem Business then Straight promoting CDMA / EVDO.

in GSM 3G / 3.5G HSDPA / 3.75 HSPA / LTE Multiband 3G is clear road ahead.

But in CDMA we have not even know what will be there in 3.75 CDMA or EVDO Rev B. Max EVDO speed tested in Production Version of Chipset is still at 3.4 mbps Download but in 3G GSM Production Testing have reached beyond 21 mbps in HSPA.

There is Qualcomm which Manufacturer CDMA / EVDO Chipset none other and Qualcomm charges Heavy Royalties.

Being 90 % GSM Technology is open or Owned by GSM Association member and chipset are manufacture by Intel, nVidia, Qualcomm, Infinion for Apple. Texas Instrument OMAP for HTC and other Phone, NXP by Philips, ZTE, Huawei, Samsung, Marvell Semiconductor price are always very very competitive. Being Major component come from open Access Techonlogy manufacture have not to pay any Royalties for technology saves 5% or Cost and 10 to 25 % cost is saved by Volume.

I think Qualcomm (Father of CDMA) is more happy with Manufacturing EVDO and HSPA Chipsets and Processor then Evolving EVDO further.

Remeber there is no use of Better Technology the Operator have if we gonna always server with crap Cheap ZTE kinda Handsets.

Better Internet Speed over Air is bull **** if we could not get the Device to get Benefit of it.

Better Voice clarity never touches the ear if we are served with Classic Series.

So Network Techonology is uses less if we are not having the Handsets or Devices which can use the power of it.

This never the case for GSM we have always got the Best Device in GSM that is also in Reasonable Price

HTC Diamond in Reliance is @ 39900 and in Airtel its only 25000 infact Airtel model Support max 7.2 mbps download against CDMA Phone with only 2.4 mbps download speed.CDMA diamond Diamond is 3G bt Airtel one is 3.5 G Device. its another story then we dont have 3G in India.

Atleast 3 new PAN india CDMA based service provider to start their services by 2010.

I don't see CDMA vanishing from India atleast.

attractive call rates and ON-Net unlimited offers are only possible on CDMA and Indian customers are more greedy and always looking more for less.

So as of now CDMA to stay atleast 8 to 15 years from now.

Atleast 3 new PAN india CDMA based service provider to start their services by 2010.

I don't see CDMA vanishing from India atleast.

attractive call rates and ON-Net unlimited offers are only possible on CDMA and Indian customers are more greedy and always looking more for less.

So as of now CDMA to stay atleast 8 to 15 years from now.

Its gonna be like this, GSM for Voice and CDMA for Data.......

Reliance has done its ground work in the same thought process.....

I Also Agree.

Is it possible to continue after number portability become active?

I think loyalty should be paid for CDMA. May be that is also one reason for its huge price.

I Also Agree.

Is it possible to continue after number portability become active?

I think loyalty should be paid for CDMA. May be that is also one reason for its huge price.

VOlume per model of handset may be same in CDMA and GSM as against 1 model of CDMA, there are atleast 10 models in GSM. CDMA is about 25-30% of total tele density. GSM is cheaper here in India, europe because unlocked handset market. in US, GSM is as expensive as CDMA or at times more expensive than CDMA because GSM handsets could be unlocked easily.

Attractive call rates and handset prices only can attract consumers to CDMA. And CDMA can offer it because of its efficiencies.

CDMA originally was introduces as WLL technology and BSNL too entered in to it as WLL only. Later, now they are planning to offer pan India CDMA coverage. till 2G, CDMA is certainly clear winner AFA efficincies and data speed is concern.... but gradually iit is loosing ground with evolving GSM technologies. CDMA seems to be efficient till EVDO RevA.

CDMA originally was introduces as WLL technology and BSNL too entered in to it as WLL only. Later, now they are planning to offer pan India CDMA coverage. till 2G, CDMA is certainly clear winner AFA efficincies and data speed is concern.... but gradually iit is loosing ground with evolving GSM technologies. CDMA seems to be efficient till EVDO RevA.

Super. Data or no data CDMA gives more clarity and is easily accessible compared to GSM.

One ring and I get the reply in clear voice.

Can one say the same about GSM?