Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

All About Treo 755p - Lets Discuss The Good And The Bad

I am opening this Topic because, let me tell u mates, this is one phone to LOVE.

It may not be a windows mobile phone but the PALM Platform just rocks for persons needing a reliable, lightening fast and never freezing phone.

Important Posts - 823, 832

Some Pointers for newbies:-

This is the topic which will answer all of your questions - http://www.rimweb.in...w...c=16215&hl=

1. Yes, you should immediately upgrade to 1.07 or even 1.08 (now available-post 899); always better to upgrade, 5 minutes job; process and links given in the above topic...Link - http://www.palm.com/...ate/sprint.html

2. Download latest Nokia PC Suite; then create a new profile in Outlook; then sync your 6265 via PC Suite to that profile in Outlook; then HotSync your Treo to that Outlook profile and voila all your Noikia 6265 contacts are into your Treo...

3. Read Post no. 68, 149, 188, 217 & 273 for setting up your internet connection properly from the above topic...

4. Yes, you can put any name instead of Reliance. Read Post 154 and 155 to change name, but it is recommended for advanced users only as it involves editing the NVBackup file in a hex editor and you may mess up something important...

5. Switch/Upgrade to new international prl immediately.... Post 798

Read the following posts in this topic-

Post no. 28 - for some of my favorite softwares

Post no. 34 - to download Sprint Connection Manager

Post no. 68, 139, 188, 217 & 273 for setting up internet connection

Post. no. 98 & 114 to setup Java and Opera

Post no. 154 & 155 - change name

Post no. 257 - upgrade to 1.07

Post no. 899 - upgrade to 1.08

Post no. 261 - copy contacts

Post no. 268 & 269 - setup mail

Post no. 287

Post no. 300 - for opening up Treo Hardware

Post no. 355 - for setting up your favourite image on Screen

Post no. 356 - Bluetooth setup

Post no. 832 - ES* repair/change; prl update

Post no. 939 - Touchscreen repairs

post-18748-1220422908_thumb.jpg

post-18748-1220597946_thumb.jpg

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 3

DAY 3 REVIEW

OK mates, so here's my day 3 review of this phone in comparison to my HTC 6800 Mogul -

1. Super Quick & Fast phone (unlike My Mogul 6800) Rings on 1st Ring (not 2nd or 3rd as in My Mogul)

2. I have been able to set MP3 as My Alarm Tones (which was not possible/very difficult/big memory hog/had to convert to wav in WM Mogul).

No Headaches here, very simple and very fast. MP3 Ringtones were of course no problems, but unlike Mogul - No Memory Hog

3. Screen Quality and Depth is far better than Mogul, at even 50% it is brighter than Mogul at 100% brightness.

4. Switching between applications is just a button press away.

5. Have Installed 4GB Mini SD, works like a charm without any hiccups. All files easily read and written in Windows Explorer

6. Very Fast Email download - I have downloaded through My gmail account - no problems- was setup in seconds

7. EVDO (3G ready) whenever Reliance launches it i.e.

8. Key Pad is just Superb - Better than BlackBerry (which I have used) - 10 times better than Mogul

9. Camera (though 1.3MP) is very good for both Stills and Camcorder is also Just Great

10. Music Player is Superb - Clarity equivalent to Mogul on My Seinheissers (through 2.5mm to 3.5 mm adaptor)

11. It is even charging by MY RELIANCE LG PHONE CHARGER (by the supplied Charger Adapter Cable) Hence the Car Charger of LG (Thin Long Pin one) will work seamlessly with this phone - Great Cost Cutting Gift

12. Video Playback is just Superb - It is playing all my mpg and avi files through 3rd party Core Player. Other formats to test.

13. Bluetooth is simple and superb - Was connected to My Laptop and Motorola Headset in a jiffy. Also transferred files seamlessly.

14. I connected to Rworld without any problems (Just tested it, as I dont use Rworld)

15. Connected to Rconnect as a Modem without any problems and somehow got speeds better than my Mogul

16. Thousands of Softwares available on the net

17. Just Love the way it handles SMS's, Missed Calls, Outlook Calendar etc.

18. Seamlessly synced with My Outlook Contacts in seconds

19. 1600 mAh battery (better than the 1500 mAh on Mogul) and Talktime is much superior to Mogul

20. I just love the overall fit and finish (much better than the plasticky Mogul) and the Full Rubberised Body in blue, and the Chrome knobs and tactile keys - seems like BUILT TO LAST.

Downers:

1. No Wi-Fi (But then the cost is 5-6K less than Mogul - U can get one additional phone for that) One solution I have got from Kshah is to install a software Softiqppp and share the Internet Connection of my PC through Bluetooth (if somebody really needs that)

2. Browser is slightly weak. No Opera Mobile version (which I am just loving on my Mogul) for Palm yet - But wait - will come surely.

My advise : Get this phone from Sadikk at 11-12K before it runs out. MUCH MUCH BETTER than any Nokias going around.

It is just superb VALUE FOR MONEY PACKAGE.

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 2

I see another CONVERT !!! :P

though i am not sure about the evdo bit... our phones might be evdo ready but for reliance's database they are not recognized so (if u get my drift)...

Edited by Dj

EVDO will just be a matter of another edit of the NV Backup file and should run after configuring it on reliance settings.

Edited by dkaile

I doubt EVDO. Lets hope reliance int the mean time start accepting foreign ESN and allow to configure for EVDO.

I think this league will fire up on rimweb now. I left this league.

By this definition, then, EVDO will not be configured on any imported handset - Our Mogul Included...

@kshah

I have read that for making the phone read SDHC memory and memory above 4GB you need to install some driver prc. Could you provide us that please so that it can read 8GB memory.

Good comparison.

I use Smart movie for videos, and Ptunes 4.6 for music.

Documents to go 10.

Card reader, Call REC, Font Smoother, Group Text, Ringo, Shark MSG, Treo MSGR, USB Modem, Solitaire, Bejeweled, Paint ball 2 and Sprite Backup.

Phone Technician increase volume beyond Phones limit. Xiino is better browser thn Default one.

@ Dkaile

Ur phone already support SDHC, i tried SDHC 4GB in one of my Treos and it was working,

What firmware is urs 1.04 or 1.07 ??

Mine is 1.07 though.

@kshah

I have read that for making the phone read SDHC memory and memory above 4GB you need to install some driver prc. Could you provide us that please so that it can read 8GB memory.

This was true for 700P and 680, I dont know about 755P.

XIINO is really a good browser? Iahve not tried.

@sadikk

Yes it is reading my 8GB microSDHC card but it is showing as 4 GB. Some turnaround needed for that...

Also could you upload these Treo Softwares here so anyone can download specially -

-Xinno

-Smart Movies

-Call REC

-Font Smoother (I saw this link somewhere)

-Group Text

-Ringo

-Shark MSG

-Treo MSGR

-USB Modem (though mine is working fine)

-Paint ball 2

-Sprite Backup.

@Dhiraj

Good Comparison but what is the first choice between Mogul and 755p?

How can you use car charger of LG with this?

DAY 3 REVIEW

OK mates, so here's my day 3 review of this phone in comparison to my HTC 6800 Mogul -

1. Super Quick & Fast phone (unlike My Mogul 6800) Rings on 1st Ring (not 2nd or 3rd as in My Mogul)

2. I have been able to set MP3 as My Alarm Tones (which was not possible/very difficult/big memory hog/had to convert to wav in WM Mogul).

No Headaches here, very simple and very fast. MP3 Ringtones were of course no problems, but unlike Mogul - No Memory Hog

3. Screen Quality and Depth is far better than Mogul, at even 50% it is brighter than Mogul at 100% brightness.

4. Switching between applications is just a button press away.

5. Have Installed 4GB Mini SD, works like a charm without any hiccups. All files easily read and written in Windows Explorer

6. Very Fast Email download - I have downloaded through My gmail account - no problems- was setup in seconds

7. EVDO (3G ready) whenever Reliance launches it i.e.

8. Key Pad is just Superb - Better than BlackBerry (which I have used) - 10 times better than Mogul

9. Camera (though 1.3MP) is very good for both Stills and Camcorder is also Just Great

10. Music Player is Superb - Clarity equivalent to Mogul on My Seinheissers (through 2.5mm to 3.5 mm adaptor)

11. It is even charging by MY RELIANCE LG PHONE CHARGER (by the supplied Charger Adapter Cable) Hence the Car Charger of LG (Thin Long Pin one) will work seamlessly with this phone - Great Cost Cutting Gift

12. Video Playback is just Superb - It is playing all my mpg and avi files through 3rd party Core Player. Other formats to test.

13. Bluetooth is simple and superb - Was connected to My Laptop and Motorola Headset in a jiffy. Also transferred files seamlessly.

14. I connected to Rworld without any problems (Just tested it, as I dont use Rworld)

15. Connected to Rconnect as a Modem without any problems and somehow got speeds better than my Mogul

16. Thousands of Softwares available on the net

17. Just Love the way it handles SMS's, Missed Calls, Outlook Calendar etc.

18. Seamlessly synced with My Outlook Contacts in seconds

19. 1600 mAh battery (better than the 1500 mAh on Mogul) and Talktime is much superior to Mogul

20. I just love the overall fit and finish (much better than the plasticky Mogul) and the Full Rubberised Body in blue, and the Chrome knobs and tactile keys - seems like BUILT TO LAST.

Downers:

1. No Wi-Fi (But then the cost is 5-6K less than Mogul - U can get one additional phone for that) One solution I have got from Kshah is to install a software Softiqppp and share the Internet Connection of my PC through Bluetooth (if somebody really needs that)

2. Browser is slightly weak. No Opera Mobile version (which I am just loving on my Mogul) for Palm yet - But wait - will come surely.

My advise : Get this phone from Sadikk at 11-12K before it runs out. MUCH MUCH BETTER than any Nokias going around.

It is just superb VALUE FOR MONEY PACKAGE.

I have 755p. It's a great phone. I've always been a fan of Palm handhelds since long. I already have treo 680 so I'm using Mogul. I guess treo pro with 755p would be a great combo.

@vijay

Both have their pros and cons dear friend...

But right now, seeing the Treo's Simplicity and Power & of course the PRICE, I am getting inclined towards it.

But if u use Wi-Fi and Net Browsing a lot on your phone, then the Mogul is for u.

But if u want your PHONE first, with everything else thrown in, No Nokia or HTC can beat TREO (Palm based only, because Windows platform has some inherent flaws (slowness) which have not been rectified till date, as a phone system)

Edited by dkaile

@Vishal

Yes, I have used the LG Phone charger absolutely successfully with the enclosed Sprint Charger Adapter (in the box) and hence you can use that adapter cable with the Phone Charger of LG (the Long Thin Pin Type - Looks like the New Nokia charger but the pin is longer)

ok. so it's with adaptor. I get it. I've a set from Radio Shack called iGo. I have for palm as well as windows with car as well as wall charger.

We get External Adaptor pin in box. something like NOKIA charger pin.

Its same and support LG charger instead of NOKIA standard Chargers.

Hey Dhiraj,

I'm aware the power of treo. It has the capability to beat any phone in the world. Only thing is palm people screwed up the development and everyone knows the story. The only thing I miss is that I need a means to modify the contacts databases. If I get my hands on with this info then I'll do away with my wm6.1. I've told this to Sadik, Kalpak and Dheeraj. Small changes would burry windows for ever. I'm actually waiting for Nova OS which is expected in Mid 2009.

@vijay

Both have their pros and cons dear friend...

But right now, seeing the Treo's Simplicity and Power & of course the PRICE, I am getting inclined towards it.

But if u use Wi-Fi and Net Browsing a lot on your phone, then the Mogul is for u.

But if u want your PHONE first, with everything else thrown in, No Nokia or HTC can beat TREO (Palm based only, because Windows platform has some inherent flaws (slowness) which have not been rectified till date, as a phone system)

@vishal

couldnt get u - "modify the contacts databases"? meaning....

Does the phone have SMS delivery reports ??

Nayan

It gives the SMS sent or failed message. It also shows SMS's in both Chat & Normal Style and you can select your preference unlike WM6.1

Edited by dkaile

Does the phone have SMS delivery reports ??

Nayan

No on 755p, there is no delivery acknowledgment. It is possible if you flash it with 700P ROM and use back given by me. Infact accidentlaly I enabled it now I dont know how it happened.

@kshah

Kalpak, accidents happen with u also.... :P

Anyways if any way to get sms notification in current ROM (ver 1.07) do let us all know.... (I dont need it, In fact it is a pain in my Mogul to keep on deleting the delivery notifications that I get all the time, but just want to know, because of why not...)

Browser is troublesome, slows down from time to time (because its designed for EVDO and not 1x), Some good browser needed....

Also some shortcut way to disconnect the Connection and to remove the the arrows that remain even after disconnection without reboot... (as we had discussed)

Email checking is very fast. Rworld connecting Perfectly. I have enabled Proxy settings in browser.

Edited by dkaile

snapper mail is just superb. Speed is amazing.

In treo delivery report is shown on message as deliverd or receipt pending. Best delivery report management i have seen so far - again.

Will post screen shot here some day.