Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

All About Treo 755p - Lets Discuss The Good And The Bad

OK so I downloaded from kshah's link. It was 5.7.2 ver. (my earlier one was 5.7.1) and the j9pref.prc was present in this download.

Now we need to install only these 2 files as u have stated above, right Kalpak? and nothing else? because there are a plethora of files in that download.

Hi guys, can anyone tell me where can I get a SERIAL cable for the Treo 700p. Any indication on the cost would be appreciated.

Thanks

OK so I downloaded from kshah's link. It was 5.7.2 ver. (my earlier one was 5.7.1) and the j9pref.prc was present in this download.

Now we need to install only these 2 files as u have stated above, right Kalpak? and nothing else? because there are a plethora of files in that download.

Hi guys, can anyone tell me where can I get a SERIAL cable for the Treo 700p. Any indication on the cost would be appreciated.

Thanks

Only KSHAH can help u.

I have serial cable bought for 75 usd . if you want I am ready to sell

Yes install 2 files and do memory settings, then check opera mini.

I have installed those 2 files and opera. But Opera still says that it needs Java to run and is not running. Last time I had installed many more files from all other folders except language files and then it had run. Kindly advise why Opera is not running with these 2 files installed. Also in J9 preferences Opera does come (if all 3 are installed in phone memory and not on memory card) but there is no memory setting option and the drop down options have some peculiar names. Also even after that Opera gives the error message and does not run.

Edited by dkaile

I will post screen shots may be today evening.

Thank you...

Also I wanted to know if we do hard reset, will the reliance settings that we did, will they be have to be done again. Also, will the updation process with CDMA Updater be have to be done again or not. And will all the files, contacts and programs be automatically restored by Hot Sync. I will also take back backup using NVBackup. Kindly advise...

after installing java did you install opera from within java?

No, I copied prc file straight to memory card in folder Palm/Launcher. I even tried installing it to RAM from Resco Explorer...

hard resets remove every thing from ROM only. Not NV. All reliance related settings will remain there as it is.

Palm has two sets of files (Rather known as prefs, saved prefs and unsaved prefs). Saved prefs are your apps settings, user settings and unsaved prefs are device and apps specific settings which are generally device specific, like registration details.

Palm hot sync saves saved prefs but not unsaved prefs. But when you use NVbackup or resco back up, they save each and every file, so when you restore, your device is as it is.

If you do hard reset and hotsync, it restores every thing except unsaved prefs. Means you have every thing back, almost except your software registration details.

In some cases, it is better to install using hotsync. Not all applications work properly installing from card or clicking PRC files.

Please read page 6 and 7 of user guide provided in JVM package. It list which files to install and purpose of it.

Follow procedures like this

1. Uninstall all JAVA and Opera

2. Reinstall java first.

3. reinstall opera

4. Open pref panel and set memory to max.

5. run opera

Install all by hotsync only.

Edited by kshah

OK - I will install by hotsync - but can I install to memory card or we have to install to phone memory?

Depends on you memory usage but install on main memory and see, if works well then try card and see.

I need Snapper Mail (enterprise edition) with cra*k, because gmail is not downloading properly on Versa Mail

I need Snapper Mail (enterprise edition) with cra*k, because gmail is not downloading properly on Versa Mail

Hi, is there any way to change the Sprint PCS Vision settings. Every time I try and connect Internet on the Treo itslef, it looks for some settings by running Power Vision and then throws up an error message, becuause it obvioulsy doe not fine that user on Reliance.

After some messing up my phone shows that it is always in roaming in Reliance, though it works ok on Reliance. Is there a way to change that and make it recognise the home netwwork (Reliance)

P.S Kshah -The cable price is too expensive, I am looking for something in the Indian market for an Indian price.Thanks for the offer anyway.

Thanks in advance.

serial cables of treo are expensive. Run cdma firmware updater with reliance pre and update pre to solve roaming problem.

serial cables of treo are expensive. Run cdma firmware updater with reliance pre and update pre to solve roaming problem.

Hi, can you please elaborate this. I appreciate your patience with newbies. Where are the files for relaince pre. Also, when I run CDMAupdater I cannot "nverase" says wrong command type ?/h for supported commands. Any ideas?

Thanks

^^^^

Anyways, from what I gather, if the vision services message is coming, that means u have not properly configured your phone to reliance settings.

First check whether you have created a new connection by the name of Rel Netconnect. Go to Preferences-Network-Services. If it is there, select it, if not create it. To create Click Menu Button (Lowest in Right Corner) and select New-It will show untitled-give it the name RelNetConnect- Connection should be High Speed Wireless, Username and Password will be your 10 digit Reliance Phone no., Untick Mobile IP Tab in Details. In Advanced IP Address should be Automatic (Ticked), Query DNS should be Ticked. You should be able to connect to Internet by selecting and making this your default connection.

You may also create a similar RelMobile World connection where the username will be "UTS@relianceinfo.com", password-"i4gE7DW"

If for some reasons you are still not able to do so, then we will have to check your service programing data-

Dial ##data# (##3282#) and u will come on data main screen. You will have to click modify and enter your SPC (u should have changed it to 000000 otherwise enter your correct spc) and u will have to change the parameters. After unlocking, enter username - (anything u like-preferably your name without spaces), then enter password (anything), HA password (anything), ensure IP address is automatic (ticked),. Then go to next menu by pressing the Menu Button (Lowest in Right Corner), the go to Browser - enter one "0" in port in both Pri NGG and Sec NGG, then go to Advance, Unlock, then enter as follows: Vocoder EVRC:1, Home NID:65535, Home SID: 14655, MCC: 404, MNC: 0, ACCOLC: (should be last digit of your MIN), Home Sys Reg:1, FNID:1, FSID:1 - Click OK. After loading Reboot once again.

You should be able to connect to internet.

Remember, any further queries post in Treo 755p topic ONLY and give reference of this post...

Try this Gary, u should be able to connect...

Also check in phone info whether your ES* and MIN are displayed as per your actual of RUIM.

Edited by dkaile

Thanks a lot, Dj. U r a Lifesaver.

Hi, can you please elaborate this. I appreciate your patience with newbies. Where are the files for relaince pre. Also, when I run CDMAupdater I cannot "nverase" says wrong command type ?/h for supported commands. Any ideas?

Thanks

NV erase is done when in boot loder. I have psoted complete procedure.

Treo_ESN_change_procedure.doc

Opera Connected - Java Loaded - Update

OK, so I finally did it. Memory allocations worked. But still Opera Mini can be called crappy at best over Reliance network because I am used to Opera Mobile 9.5 on my Mogul and that also on Wi-Fi network. Also I do get a lot of Connection timeout errors and I have to go back and reload the page in Mini. But still it is better than Blazer any day. I opened all my websites, checked my mail on gmail, checked my portfolio on moneycontrol, So it did all my stuff, but not perfectly like on Mogul.

Now I will try Dj's snappermail - wait for the review.

Edited by dkaile

snapper is fantastic.

Couldnt get the key to work with my username. Need help to activate it. Please...