Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

All About Treo 755p - Lets Discuss The Good And The Bad

Whats the difference between buying only a touch screen and a touch screen with a digitiser. Which one should i buy for my treo ( the tapping on the screen generates no response and i can c liquid ink flowing below screen)...below are 2 links i found... please advice

http://cgi.ebay.com/REPAIR-TOUCH-SCREEN-TOOL-FOR-TREO-750-750V-755-755P_W0QQitemZ160288497417QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPDA_Accessories?hash=item2551f05f09&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_1981wt_1058

http://cgi.ebay.com/TREO-755-755P-680-OEM-REPLACEMENT-LCD-AND-DIGITIZER_W0QQitemZ270440327282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPDA_Accessories?hash=item3ef77fe872&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_1389wt_908

^

I dont think the digitiser usually gets damaged, so you can for only the screen... but its just a suggestion... final diagnosis can only be made after opening the handset...

from what i know screen problems can be due to faulty csreen or faulty digitiser

before getting anything get ur phone checked to see the problem

from what i know screen problems can be due to faulty csreen or faulty digitiser

before getting anything get ur phone checked to see the problem

Well,

The touchscreens issue has cropped up with me too...........

When i try to send a message and click on send (Bottom left corner), it automatically click cancel (Next to send).

I have tried recalibration and its ok. Even for other functions like selecting new message (which is also on bottom left), no prob. is experienced.........

Any takes wat the prob could be.........

Regards

Mine is a replaced screen... ordered for some 20dollars from Ebay..

It worked well for first few months, but now has lost the sensitivity..

Guess time to spend another 20dollars..

Like we sync our contacts and calendar from outlook, is it possible to sync mails with versamaill?

or for that matter possible to use internet on Mobile by connecting it to a pc which has broadband... I guess we have discussed this and its called reverse dun? is it?

I have got into a strange problem.

If I open particular unread sms, my phone restarts. The other sms conversations works fine.

I plan to take NVBACKUP and hard reset the phone.

Would that possibly solve the problem?

Please also confirm NVBACKUP, would copy the service settings/smses etc too

Thanks and advance.

With NVBACKUP you could choose to do Custom Restore and choose not to restore your SMS's...

• Like 1

Like we sync our contacts and calendar from outlook, is it possible to sync mails with versamaill?

or for that matter possible to use internet on Mobile by connecting it to a pc which has broadband... I guess we have discussed this and its called reverse dun? is it?

Use Softtick PPP to use your PC broadband on mobile. Solution in post # 1220.

• Like 1

i know , that the problem with these screens bought from ebay , there is no guarantee for how long it can last

Is there a better Message (SMS) handler than the inherent one that comes with the 755p?

There are far too many short falls in it. First off all inability to both send and receive LMS. It's quite irritating, to read the second half of a message before the first half. Also, there should be better folder support and some rules should be allowed for SMSes, like we have for emails.

For Sms, also how much i read and tried but could not understand how to activate delivery reports..

sms delivery reports will not work on treo with the current os. It used to work on older 700p's with older os which are not compatible with 755p ( I think kshah could ditto that, because he was the only one who got delivery reports working on his 700 and that also by mistake)...

also lms is a network issue and some people have used 3rd party utilities but to no avail... so i would suggest not to bust your heads on both these issues...

lol .... i almost forgot that treo755 didnt have delivery report option ....:Riendo:

got a new touch screen from ebay and broke it while taking it to get installed :(

i need more customers like me for my brand too :)

Edited by shahab

^^^ Call me...

does any 1 have a group sms software in which i can forward sms in inbox. the present have to copy past the sms. please advice..

i know , that the problem with these screens bought from ebay , there is no guarantee for how long it can last

20 dollars........

My screen is also nt working.......

ordered a TOUCH DIGITIZER SCREEN +TOOL FOR PALM TREO for 8$ here...........

http://cgi.ebay.in/TOUCH-DIGITIZER-SCREEN-TOOL-FOR-PALM-TREO-650-680_W0QQitemZ150301590787QQihZ005QQcategoryZ20336QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3911.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D2%26ps%3D5

Don't knw, this evbay stuff is just confusing...

Whats the difference between buying only a touch screen and a touch screen with a digitiser. Which one should i buy for my treo ( the tapping on the screen generates no response and i can c liquid ink flowing below screen)...below are 2 links i found... please advice

http://cgi.ebay.com/...#ht_1981wt_1058

http://cgi.ebay.com/...4#ht_1389wt_908

With my treo... i have the same issue.... liquid ink can be seen flowing below surface but the display is ok. Buttons do work but touchscreen doesn't.........

@shahab - What screen did u order? I have ordered the 8$ one. Do lemme knw ur experience.

What is this liquid ink?

i broke first one i ordered for $8...waiting for it to be sent again...will let u know

With my treo... i have the same issue.... liquid ink can be seen flowing below surface but the display is ok. Buttons do work but touchscreen doesn't.........

@shahab - What screen did u order? I have ordered the 8$ one. Do lemme knw ur experience.

What is this liquid ink?

i broke first one i ordered for $8...waiting for it to be sent again...will let u know

BTW what is the liquid flowing below the surface?

Water entry????????????

What is this liquid ink?

@aviator

got the screen...it works...decent at $8 :)

@aviator

got the screen...it works...decent at $8 smile.gif

Thx bro 4 d info.........

Can u tell me hw many days it took for the screen to reach ya.

I mean, after the seller has shown shipped status om e-bay.

N which city r u based?

5 days....honk kong to kolkata

@aviator

got the screen...it works...decent at $8 smile.gif

Thx bro 4 d info.........

Can u tell me hw many days it took for the screen to reach ya.

I mean, after the seller has shown shipped status om e-bay.

N which city r u based?

@aviator

2 days is all it lasted...hope u have better luck