Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

All About Treo 755p - Lets Discuss The Good And The Bad

^

Hard reset will work; you may not be following procedure fully; read user manual and do full hard reset and dont restore sms back...

Thanks; Hard Reset worked but when I restored the backup, again in trouble. How to restore other than SMS Backup?

create a new profile in palm desktop; just copy your contacts and calendar to that profile; and sync to that profile only; dont restore applications and sms and you will be good to go...

I am unable to get my treo 755p in BootLoader mode ? When I dial ##UPST# it just switches on the radio. Mtty connects to the usb port (com3 - same as being used by hotsync) but doesn't respond to cmdar bl usb command.

Am trying to put new no. on my old treo. Muffy edited my nvbackup file with new E*N.

Though i couldn't get into bootloader mode, I tried doing nvbackup from cdmaupdater with new file after which phone now latches on to reliance network. So do i really need to do the bootloader & mtty stuff ?

Also if i dial ##000000# then i can still see the old E*N ? Do I need to edit the MIN and MSID nos shown ? If yes, what do i put there ?

you have to dial ##8778# from the touch screen dialer

you will get multi colour screen

then u will have to connect to pc and make ure u have treo 650 bootloader drivers

if pc detects phone bootloader mode

then in mtty u will see option of usb , and u have to select usb and not com

once connected in usb then use commands as described

^^ THANKS A LOT. GOT IT DONE.

Edited by ami1

Edit: Deleted. PM'd

Edited by ami1

@ami1 - not here pls... pm's

It seems Reliance GSKs come with a PIN number which is to be entered after dialling *228.

Is it safe to do this after programming a Treo 755p ?

^^

AFAIK, you need to dial *228 only from the SIM/handset from which your treo is cloned.

*228 working depends on Akey

some areas *228 will work on reliance fine

some areas *228 will fail

best is to do " you know how"

OK, *228 and entering gsk pin isn't working. Says your phone could not be activated.

Can i put the ruim in a friend's nokia 6275 and do *228+gskpin ? OR will this create problems for him (ie his number/ruim will stop working in his phone after that or such problem)

Also my m i n has 6 zeroes and then 4 digits and i am entering this number in both msid as well as mobile no field in treo ##000000# screen (as mentioned in the document for programming treo)

E*N has been correctly edited on treo and shows ok in above screen.

Any ideas what i should do now ?

ok

just put ruim in any phone

do *228 and activate it

then read ur min , it will be different

MIN remains same for a MDN usually , only esn changes when u change ruims

thats all

Edited by Mufaddal

OK. Thanks a LOT Doc.

create a new profile in palm desktop; just copy your contacts and calendar to that profile; and sync to that profile only; dont restore applications and sms and you will be good to go...

Thanks, perfectly working - I forgot to thank you earlier(Better Late than Never!:)

i want to sell my treo one year old what should be the price

is there any offer to exchange it with bb or htc new from anyone

these photos are taken by mobile phone is in great condition

post-46117-094433500 1281074921_thumb.jp

post-46117-027784500 1281074936_thumb.jp

post-46117-045700900 1281074960_thumb.jp

Edited by lover_boy

loverboy put up pics ...maybe i ll make up my mind to sell my pixi...less than a month old

loverboy put up pics ...maybe i ll make up my mind to sell my pixi...less than a month old

pics. uploadd r u interested

then mail me dharmender_sharma@gmx.com

or call me 9313978107

Just small Question !

I have programed this phone number of time, every time i copied files from memory card to pc via a card reader. also when card reader was not available used bluetooth option,

but now i dont have both with me, no bluetooth in pc or phone, no card reader, also no Internet connection in mobile

so how to copy file from 775p to PC ???

Edited by ::Hitesh::

^ Do you have the Treo USB cable ? If yes, then you can run the Card Reader App which allows you to export /share the card over USB cable or Bluetooth. ( link )

You can install the app through the usb cable first and then run it and click on connect/export and your card will appear as usb drive on the PC

Or see if you can rename your file as a jpg or png and copy/move it to DCIM folder on the Treo (where cam pics are preset) and then use Palm Desktop (Media Tab) connected through USB cable to copy them to your pc.

If you don't have even the USB cable then it doesn't seem possible. :(

Edited by ami1

renamed that file to jpg also copied to DCIM folder no help

now will test that card reader soft.

Thanks buddy !

SoS

I am having a Strange problem with my palm.

It is hanging a lot.Like when i move to Application main page and try to move to options (using keypad as my touch screen is again gone), the phone hangs. When, i am in contacts and try to scroll down to find a particular contact, it freezes. When i try to delete a text messages, the phone freezes.

It hangs every now and then making it impossible to use the phone. I am only able to make calls using call log.

I have used hard reset atleast 10 times but it is not solving the problem.

Request urgent help as this is my office phone.

Thanks in advance!

^

use a CLEAN hard reset i.e. dont restore sms or applications; just get back you contacts by syncing afterwards from a new account; How to Instructions, I have already given before in this topic...

Guys, I have a treo and I wish to change the Number for the Phone. I have both SIMS for the previous as well as new number.Can the treo Programming be done with less technicality involved, I am sure I ll brick it of I do it... :Sorprendido:

Can ESN change be done so that the treo can be HCC based

Guys, I have a treo and I wish to change the Number for the Phone. I have both SIMS for the previous as well as new number.Can the treo Programming be done with less technicality involved, I am sure I ll brick it of I do it... :Sorprendido:

Can ESN change be done so that the treo can be HCC based

Yes, its quite simple. Even I was able to do it ! (with some help from muffy when i got confused in reversing e*n and reversed the entire thing instead of in pairs).

You just need to be able to install proper drivers, to install apps to your treo, copy files to your sd card and use a hex editor. It won't get bricked. Detailed file with step by step instructions is available on this forum.

No, making it HCC based is beyond just technical things - it also needs some social engineering.

Edited by ami1

^

use a CLEAN hard reset i.e. dont restore sms or applications; just get back you contacts by syncing afterwards from a new account; How to Instructions, I have already given before in this topic...

Dude.. HI,.. There is a strange issue with the Web of R world.. the setting on the Palm755p for net is of r world... the net gets conneted but cant browse any sites.. Gmail or yahoo or Facebook does not get loaded... i get the green arrow for net connection...

nd I dn tknow if this is issue due to our Fav Palm or Reliance since past week my outgoing calls get diverted automatically to Customer care.. this has happend 2ce in a week now... whereby i cant make outgoing calls and as soon as i call I get the Reliance Tune...

any suggestions for both the above issues...