Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
anuragz

Idea Gprs Not Working Properly On Nokia Handset.

Hi,

I have a Nokia 3110c (edge enabled handset).

I am using Idea (Delhi) gprs connection on this handset.

The gprs works perfectly fine with the wap browser on the handset but whenever i try to to connect through any application from the handset ( like Gmail, opera mini,games, softwares etc.) It shows an error & does not connects stating "Data connection not available" or "check your settings".

I 'v even called in to Idea cc regarding this but they say if the wap browser is working fine then its ok from their side, they dont have any other settings so they cant help.

Earlier I have used Airtel & Vodafone gprs on this handset. The applications connection worked on Airtel but not on vodafone.

If anyone has any solution to fix this , plz let me know.

By the way i'v got this very cheap gprs connection from Idea Rs 245 pm for unlimited internet surfing (wap or Internet on laptop). The speed is also satisfactory gives about 50-70 kbps.

Hi,

I have a Nokia 3110c (edge enabled handset).

I am using Idea (Delhi) gprs connection on this handset.

The gprs works perfectly fine with the wap browser on the handset but whenever i try to to connect through any application from the handset ( like Gmail, opera mini,games, softwares etc.) It shows an error & does not connects stating "Data connection not available" or "check your settings".

I 'v even called in to Idea cc regarding this but they say if the wap browser is working fine then its ok from their side, they dont have any other settings so they cant help.

Earlier I have used Airtel & Vodafone gprs on this handset. The applications connection worked on Airtel but not on vodafone.

If anyone has any solution to fix this , plz let me know.

By the way i'v got this very cheap gprs connection from Idea Rs 245 pm for unlimited internet surfing (wap or Internet on laptop). The speed is also satisfactory gives about 50-70 kbps.

check you application settings. in phones you need to set the access for the application. it should be either in settings or in the installed application menu

If your idea is giving acces via proxy server, then you may not be able to use applications which connects to own proxies and sockets. For example, I can use Opera MINI, Yahoo Go and IM+ only if I use "MOBILE OFFICE" in Airtel, if I USE AON (WAP plan) than none works.

BTW have you tried to access net on laptop / computer? are you successful, if yes then need to think further.

If your idea is giving acces via proxy server, then you may not be able to use applications which connects to own proxies and sockets. For example, I can use Opera MINI, Yahoo Go and IM+ only if I use "MOBILE OFFICE" in Airtel, if I USE AON (WAP plan) than none works.

BTW have you tried to access net on laptop / computer? are you successful, if yes then need to think further.

@ Kshah

yes I m able to acess net on my laptop & it works really fine. I dont understand why it does not works with the mobile applications.

Check following

Settings -> configurations -> activate default in all application and see if it works. May be idea and vodafone using proxy.