Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajeevmishra

Nokia Customer Care - A Horror Story

In April 2008, I bought Nokia N-73 from E-Zone Kormangala location. The IMEI number is – .

In few weeks I noticed that it has a problem that it switches off automatically. I went to ezone to complain about the problem. He asked me to go to Nokia Care location in Koramangala. This is where all the Nokia experiences started for me. It is soooooooo frustrating and I cannot ignore the issue and sit idle, bcos it is an expensive phone.

July Visit

First visit: - I informed about the problem that it switches off sometimes. And this is my corporate connection and I am being paid for working and being reachable almost all the time and I am not expected to switch off the phone. They said it is s/w problem they will upgrade the software.

Sept Visit

Second visit: The problem again happened informed them the same problem is happening. They asked me if I formatted the memory I said no, they again upgraded the s/w and asked me to format the memory. Got 300 Rs card reader and formatted the memory before using it in the cellphone.

Oct Visit:

Third Visit: Again same problem they said they will check the phone and will correct the problem. (THAT means they did not do it till now, they have no value for customer. They have bunch of folks who don’t understand h/w, s/w or anything about the phone in fact). Now I had to surrender the phone for 15 days. After 15 days got my phone back. Asked if they changed any h/w. He said yes and I asked which h/w no info provided. But I was hoping problem is resolved. I got my phone back.

Nov Visit:

Fourth Visit: Again same problem started happening. These guys do not have any clue about the problem. They again upgraded the s/w the phone is ready for pickup. I am not picking up the phone. Want some Nokia customer care to intervene and resolve the problem. Or replace the phone bcos this is faulty and cannot be repaired. Or return my money and I can get some other brand/phone. The main problem is, when I start using the memory to take some pictures, phone switches off automatically without my knowledge. Should be some fault with the piece/design.

The current job sheet number is –

Any one on internet who can help in this regard will be great.

The service location which provided me this service is

Samvaradhi Technologies, A/4 KHB Colony, Near Airtel Office, 5th Block, Koramangala, Bangalore -95 Bangalore

I need the resolution of this problem any help is greatly appreciated.

I will suggest every one who reads this blog that do not BUY NOKIA handset they have lot of faulty one in market and they provide customer service as given above

^^^

My dear Rajeev, Nokia Customer Support in Cdma is the worst. Many of us already been suffered from the same. Infact they do not provide good after sales service for their Cdma handsets.

Regards.

Just gave one of my high end phones for servicing to nokia centre, Battery doesnt charge, while charging, I just hope for the best

while charging, I just hope for the best

^^^

LOL.

My dear Umesh, hope your handset doesn't have a BL5C. :lol2:

welll i have had n=mixed feelings with nokia service

around two yrs back i had a nokia 6260 from the moment i purchesd it had a lot of issues as time went by the keypad went bad ....when i went to nokia care they told me my phone had liquid damge but what they did was while testing the phone they had removed teh entire keypad and they gave me the phone with the keypad hanging out of it saying my phone is scrap....after fighting with them for hrs they put the keypad back properly but the phone wasnt repired ....finally i got it repired from a PANASONIC dealer....nad my phone worked fine for another yr

just recently my phones screen went bad ....i knew again it would b a bad experinece but i was shocked ....when i went to nokia care my requetwas procesed in less than 20 mins....the guy told me that your phone will take 2 days to get repired but i was shocked when i got a call another day that my phone was repired and that i should come and take it.....i was really surprised by the siftness of their service...

very strange

Edited by mufaddal_km

@rajeevmishra

Actually, I have N73-M Edition which also had the problem of Switching Off automatically,but very rarely. Had 2-3 instances of the phone getting OFF when in Standby. I did not go to Nokia Care. I just restored the phone to factory settings and upgraded the firmware to the latest edition through Nokia Software Updater.

Data of your Memory card may be corrupted. Format your Memory card first. Then hard restore phone settings (*+3+call+power button). then reformat your memory card by your phone. Dont use old files. Find songs from some other source.

Restarting is common in Nokia phones. You are talking about switching off, right?

You need to visit the Nokia Website & register your complaint there..

Bombard both their International & National Customer Care Mail IDs.

Mention the name of their ASC & complaint that it helping in spoiling their name further..

Nokia sux to the core... not just in CDMA... have had a pretty bad experience with ther GSM also. Have mentioned my woes in the forum earlier, so wont repeat.

They were absolutely adamant about not replacing it, even tho they could not repair it after 3 attempts! And yes, I did make a fuss, and escalate the complaint to their Regional head, etc.... no use.

Nokia is cheap Chinese junk now. Best avoided.

Now that you are already stuck with it, your best bet is to take your case to a consumer forum and claim all kinds of damages, expenses, intrest, refund, etc.

Though I bought Nokia E71, I have seen queues on Nokia service station, where customer has to wait for 30-60 minutes before his phone is taken for repair. In CDMA they do not do any thing at service station, every thing is done at Delhi at exhorbitant cost.

Nokia is very arrogant in India, because they have still more than 50% market share. Other manufacturers are so stupid that they woll keep nokia ahead of them.

In GSM, Symbian has problem of restart. But I think restart problem is mainly to prevent phone from being hanged. In most cases corrupt card / cracked - bad software or poor programe symbian restart. Else Symbian is good stable OS.

Else Symbian is good stable OS.

indeed a very stable os ......no hangs or freezes like win mo

Be aware of nokia,

It adapts all possible method to cheat customers. I purchased nokia 6275 from reliance webworld.after some time it developed problem ,i gave it nokia service centre.It repaird and returned.But problems developed again and again many times.

When I asked nokia care to replace it .They told it is not possible. I contacted Nokia customer care via phone and email.

Surprisingly nokia care told Reliance webworld is not their authorised reseller or dealer, so they cannot provide warranty.

One more strange point is nokia officials told that Nokia is not responsible for the handsets given for servicing at Nokia care centre.

This message has come from Nokia's LEGAL Department.

Nokia does only minor repair when time comes for major repair or replacement.I Tries to avoid by stating above or avoids by telling that handset is water logged or repaired by cutomer himself.

No 1 finland company NOKIA Shame on it.

Be aware and think twice before purchaseing nokia phone.if you do so it is similar to purchaseing cheap chinese handset without warranty but triple the price.

God Save From Nokia Services

I have purchased Nokia 6275 on 3rd Oct from Durgapur Reliance. After few I found incomming phone volume low even it is set at highest volume.I have given the set to Nokia Service centre Jamshedpur(Maple Computer Peripherals).After lot of follow up with on Nokia care and Nokia Centre I have received the set on 6th Nov without tested.

Seeing the condition of new handset I was shocked.Further to it the problem was not solved but set came with additional problems key pad not working,Volume button not working etc.

Again I have given the mobile to the same service centre for the request of swaping.

I got very passive replies.

I have got replies from Nokia/Nokia service centre

1. Nokia is a company who never takes any step against Nokia service centre complaints so you can give end nos of complain.Even we will help by giving you paper pen etc.

2. No nokia officials are allowed to contact directly with customers.

3. If Nokia set is bearable problem don't give it to Nokia service otherwice forget it for min 3-4 months.

4. Chances are very low that the sets will be repaired to the satisfaction.

5. Nokia's company policy is to Sell the phones and not interested in customr care.

6. Please don't buy Nokia Sets.

I was wondering about above statements but it all comes to true.

I have Contacted Mr. Manoj Area incharge Jamshedpur.After one call he stopped responding.

I have contacted Mr. Rajoshree Kharagpur Region incharge no response.

I have tried to contact Ms Rangana Biswas Eastern Region office.After lot of calls she has agreed to talk.When got no positive response I have sent my friend to meet her for getting the update what Nokia is taking action about the spoilt set and she got furious and told Nokia's people never meet customers.

Nokia high level Service centre also told they are not allowed to give any clue about the status of the rep[air.

I have tried To contact Mr Pramod Head customer Care Delhi Head office.After one short call he is not attending the phone.

It is evident that I have talked from First line member to upper level of Nokia officials.Ever where there was a passive behavious.

Can anybody advice me some other way out.

Asad

Edited by Honest
<< Topic Merged >>

^^^

My dear friend, Nokia is a good company with bad after sales service. Although Nokia manufacture quality handsets but their service is really pathetic.

Now the only thing you can do, is to mail their seniors and tell them, if your problem doesn't solved with immediate effect then you are going to file a case with Consumer Court against Nokia.

Regards.

God Save From Nokia Services

It is evident that I have talked from First line member to upper level of Nokia officials.Ever where there was a passive behavious.

Can anybody advice me some other way out.

Asad

As i have earlier too advised..

You need to visit the Nokia Website & register your complaint there..

Try to get all Mail Id's-phone nos from the site.

Bombard both their International & National Customer Care Mail IDs.

Mark them this mail.. mention the name of their ASC & complaint that it helping in spoiling their name further..

In case successful, tell them that its not that we want your direct help for getting repairs done but to make the ASC's & the primary level employess aware of their duties & not just indulge in bullying ladies (TOI article where a female employee committed suicide due to bullying habbits of seniors)

They seem to be arrogant as hell.. they deserve hell.

Nokia is a Good company without any doubt as they are the only one to brig out Great Handsets for us. But very poor After Sales Service without any doubt. I had problems with my Nokia 6265 and I did almost everything to get it repaired. I have written many times to Nokia using there website so as too many visits to Service but of no use.

Most surprisingly when I called up RIL Customer Care they refused to help in this matter. If RIL does not own any responsibility of handsets then why RIL sales handsets only through webworlds? If RIL want to play fair game either they should take responsibility or let the hardware come into open market.

Edited by vkat

Why should one purchase Nokia handsets if he / she doesn't get good After Sales Services.

The best thing is to avoid purchasing Nokia handsets, if they do not provide better After Sales Services.

nokia has the worst after sales service.......

the best customer care or after sales service is given by apple......it is just amazing....direct product replacement without much hassles....had my ipod replaced twice when it was under warranty....i din even had to argue with them

even samsung gives good after sales service

My best experience for After Sales Services is for LG. Their After Sales Services are truely good my dear friends.

Regards.

My best experience for After Sales Services is for LG. Their After Sales Services are truely good my dear friends.

Regards.

Friends . my feed back regarding few brands i used and know.

I have used more than ten models of LG reliance handsets. after sales service of LG is superb.First of all Handsets quality is better than nokia.I faced problem with only two handsets.LG5130 with keypad problem.and lg2030.

But surprisingly .LG service centre never took more than 2 hours for servicing .Only once they have taken 1 day for mother board replacement of LG 2030 in 2003.believe me after that it is still working.I had to sell it off because now battery has drained completely after 6 years.VERY solid phone.

Coming to samsung I have samsung Television bought 3and half years ago but till now not a single problem.one of my cousin is using samsung max for reliance .but he has to charge it twice a day.Seems battery poor.

Nokia : Believe me I never purchase nokia phone in rest of my life and advice others to stay away from nokia.

I bought new 6275 handset and in the box itself battery was defective. Nokia service centre took one month for replacement.

Again so many problems. Visited more than 10 times and gave more than 7 times for serviceing in 6 months .Phone was lying more with nokia service centre than with me.

Every time I give with a problem .they solve the problem and create new problem.They dont how to service .Even road side servie shops are better than NOkia service.

Fly : I am using spice D88n with reliance and airtel. for more than 8 months .recently problem with speaker.Went to spice service centre in ameerpet.THEY REPLACED THE SPEAKER IN LESS THAN TWO HOURS.and till now working fine with out any problem.Spice has good service.

ZTE.: I am using ZTE mg880 Datacard with reliance.I had prblem of less speed.Within a 10 day I contacted ZTE service centre there it worked fine.I told him that in my area coverage is low its signal reception capacity is less compared to other mobilse.

service cetre manager understood my problem and He immediately replaced the datacard with a new box.

EXCELLENT SERVICE OF ZTE

Friends I understand that I should not go for Nokia but what else? There is no choice for me. As I need good working bluetooth connectivity badly. I use to travel most of the time and while driving using Hands Free or handset is not easy.

I am having Spice D80 and tried Spice C810 but both are not easy to operate handsets (not user friendly).

I also have Samsung SCH-W619 again not user friendly at all.

I was having Motorola V9M given problem in very first month and laying at service center since past 8 months :( (I am going to consumer court)

All above handsets not work properly with Blue Tooth :(

The only CDMA handset works good for me with Blue Tooth is Nokia 6265. So I left with no other choice but to go for Nokia.

But Good news is I being told that Reliance is coming with GSM and If I could retain my CDMA number same. Then I will go for R-GSM for sure. But, as far as CDMA is concern I have to use Nokia :(

^^^^ I Dont think that you will be able to retain your CDMA number in GSM.

Else nobody would like to be R-CDMA.. hehe.

Try BlackBerry 8703e @ 15K. With this, u will get a good handset & great after sales service too..

Edited by ACS

blackberry 8703e at 15k is a sheer waste of money .....no features at all ...it is only an emailing device thats all ...it is highly overpriced

dont buy it unless ur getting it for free from your company

i would rather buy a used 8703 e for 5- 6 k and use it ( thats my opinion )