Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Honest

Spice Mobiles Launches D-88 Gold !

Spice Mobiles Launches D-88 Gold

Spice Mobiles has announced the launch of the Spice D-88 Gold handset.

img_100541_spice-d88.jpg

The dual-SIM facility enables dual SIM usage and simultaneous calls and messages on both the CDMA and GSM SIMs. This also allows calls to be put on hold and swapped simultaneously between the GSM and CDMAs connection without re-starting the phone.

The Spice D-88 Gold comprises of FM recording and playback together with an expandable memory support up to 2 GB and 1.3 MP camera with multi–shot photo mode.

This gold-finished handset also features stereo-Bluetooth, JAVA support and Remote Control Application that lets users run through their business presentations via Bluetooth. This phone can also be used as a modem and has the Opera Mini web browser.

The sales pack comes with a 512MB memory card free and preloaded songs of the movie Dostana.

The Spice D-88 Gold is available at an MRP of Rs 8,999.

Courtesy : Tech2

D88 had issues in WAP and Modem functions. hope SPICE had rectified them this time.

^^^

Yes my dear friend, as Spice D88 Gold is the latest handset in this series, so they must had rectified all the issues which were their with Spice D88n.

Regars.

^^^

Yes my dear friend, as Spice D88 Gold is the latest handset in this series, so they must had rectified all the issues which were their with Spice D88n.

Regars.

Hehe.. if they have really rectified the issues so soon, then its really Organised..

I doubt it with Spice.

^^^

Lets hope for the best my dear Jayanth. :)

Regards.

i am really interested in the user exp..

had a dekho at the handset. the feel is very plasticky. It is supposed to be a modern version of d88n but can not seem to want to get my hands on it.

anybody else had any such/ other kind of experience.

again, all the modem drivers are in the card, which the retailer assured me that can be transferred to any other memory card upgrade but not in the phone self.

interesting.

Anybody bought this phone... pl do review over here.. im interested in buying this mobile.......

Anybody bought this phone... pl do review over here.. im interested in buying this mobile.......

my fiend brought it, we try to connect for internet to PC, phone gets hanged, it not able to recieve calls & even

CDMA signal not coming, no other hanset at spice service station they refunded money.

i have bought this handset in the past week.

it looks plasticky.. all right. it feels that way too.

i am not sure when the matt finish on the keypad may come off, i am a but scepticle about it. i am trying to connect to internet but the settings are not perfect..it seems. may be i will have to do some trouble shooting.

with use of at least four days..

i can very confidently say that..

1. if you are prone to use of 10 minutes of talk time then the battery back up will last not more that 2 days.

2. battery gives only two warnings and in the third the phone shuts down.

3. in the above sceb=nario, if you dont have a plug point or the additional battery --that too fully charged. theen you are gone with with the tune off handset..spice making a mockery of you.

4. If you want to add files or any such thing in the handsets memory then you have to choose the mass storage option and guess what.. the phone shuts down and then only you can proceed. so forget about any incoming calls while you are feeding the phone with your favourites.

well i have adjuested and in two days i have to get up once in the night and replace the charged battery with the empty one. this way.. i have mental peace.

camera is nothing to talk about, it an un necessary appendage.

Edited by copperco2

^^^ So basically in short, as useless as the D88n phone as far as 'reliability' is concerned.

now what i would love to know is.. how to activate the modem to connect to internet.

CC guys do not have any idea about the same.

whenever i have tried to connect tot the net,, the error message shows that 'remote computer has refused or closed the connection'.

any suggestions for the same.

hi guys

My Experience after adding Spice gold to my life....

Good things :

1. Very Light weight

2. Good looking

3. Panic button feature is awesome. (I found it very helpfull)

4. Remote Control feature is really amazing (Work perfect with PDFs , WinWord , Window Media Player , can open any damn application on your PC )

5. Simultaneous working (GSM + CDMA) is very reliable .

6. Battery life haven't gave any problem yet .

7. Connection with Internet Browser Opera was bit slow but its not that bad. (It can also depend on your operator. )

8. Pre-Loaded with so many operator settings that you need not to manually configure it .

9. Got it for Rs 7500 (512 mb card + extra battery included .)

Bad things

1. Handsfree was not working but it hardly matters we can connect any 2.5 output device to it

2. FM configuration takes time.

3. Speaker are of very low quality.

4. Low Quality Camera

Feedback Statement :

1. Spice must have a relook on its music features (voice quality , FM etc . )

2. Need to work on Browser version as it does not display perfect CSS(Designers know what is CSS) for some websites .

Suggestion :

Guys you can really go for it no issue at all , i am confident because i have hard core experience on Mobile Handset Testing , but buy only if u have requirement for Both GSM and Cdma (In my case i use CDMA for calling and messaging) and Airtel for Browsing Net.

good Luck

Varun Goyal

Software Tester (Automation + Manual)

Qtp 9.2 Certified

varun27librian@gmail.com

Edited by varun27librian

^^^ Thanks for your observations & suggestions Dear Varun.

Welcome to the Forum !

Hi,

My personal # is a Reliance Prepaid whereas my official # is an Airtel. I'm looking for a dual C+G SIM handset. As of yet only Samsung, Spice & Coolpad have released C+G handsets.

Today, I saw this handset D-88 Gold @ Web World. By its looks I'm impressed. How is its performance? Is it on par with LG or is it just another "Chinese" mobile re-branded as "Spice" ? Samsung is reliable but its v expensive. Coolpad is Chinese (... must be crap !).

It costs 7K + or so. Is it worth the price ? As there are mixed responses I'm confused.

Pls reply.

Coolpad 288 better than Spice D88 Gold.

D 88 Gold is just a golden covering on old sh*t. (Well described/criticized in D88n topic)

And look around the crappy world my friend.. its 70% all chinese.

Edited by ACS

I am new user of this Spice D88-Gold... It cost me Rs7400/- Accessories incl. are 512MB MicroSD card with driver, Stereo audio cable, 2 batteries, One charger and a data (USB) cable..

Disadvantages:-

1) GSM network coverage is CRAPPY... I have tested it with BSNL, Airtel and Vodafone...

2) CDMA network coverage is GOOD... But the audio is very low in both sides... This is not so in GSM connection..

3) Battery life is OK.. I emptied 2 batteries (thats why they give 2) for a full day.. But my usage is about 2 to 3 hours a day

4) NO FLIGHT MODE or MULTIMEDIA MODE, its either G or C or G+C or C+G only...

5) Display quality on direct sunlight is aawwwkkk... I am in travel most of a day...

6) RAM size TOO SMALL.. I loaded a small JAVA game (size 64KB), I cant even finish a game...

7) Keys are too flat for fast typing...

8) Default sounds are again aawwwkkkk... I just sent my nokia-desi and nokia-default tones by BT..

9) FM Reception is CRAPPY...

10) BSNL GPRS settings are not given.. (All other GSM operators' are available)

11) Too many button press needed to dial a call in non-default network...

12) Too costly for its features.. (I got for Rs7400)

13) When display goes off, the first key pressed is forgotten or its used to awake phone..

14) Camera is again aaawwwkkkk... They should have removed camera and add BIGGER BATTERY instead...

15) The rubber flaps covering USB/charger port, card, 2.5mm audio jack are not as sturdy as SAMSUNG's

16) CRAPPY software of CHINESE phones inside...

Thats all for now... Will add some later, when I got time...

Edited by kanagadeepan

Hi. Thanks for your suggestions. Coolpad seems to be a much better option than Spice. But Coolpad doesn't have Service Centers in Bangalore. So I think we can wait for the next version of D88 from Spice. Maybe some improvements will be present in that. :confuse:

Hmmmm.....let's keep our fingers crossed !!!

:Confuso:

Any idea if LG is going to release CDMA + GSM dual Sim Handset? If yes, well when ???

i wish to use d88 for mobile internet browsing via reliance cdma (i've got DAPO so free access)through operamini and reliance gsm for calls. is that possible?