Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
bhupal

Sms Charges For Google Search 9773300000

As per CC clarification today, SMS to 9773300000 will be treated as 3rd party SMS & will be charged Rs 3. each , but Google link says "There are no premium charges for this service, only the cost of sending a standard SMS. Incoming messages from Google are not charged" . Does ' standard SMS' means "local', any clarification ?. Obviously, these SMS s will not be included in any 'free' SMS quota.

http://www.google.co.in/mobile/default/sms/

buggers.

how can they charge that as third party sms?

no it will be standard SMS only

based on circle it will be treated as NLD/local sms and charged accordingly

so enjoy new services like 'pnr xxxxxxxxxx'

'9w354' flight status

'radius of earth'

etc.

google has made a breaakthrough by providing railway info on stnadard charge

becasue pnr status etc have to have Tie up with railway.

enjoy

:previous:

Contradictory statements by people above. Some say Rs. 3, some say std sms but not in free quota and still others std sms.

Confusing.

^^^

Thanks for the 'correct' info. Mumbai circle customers will benifit most, for others its std SMS & not a premium SMS. Is it because RIM SMS servers are located in Mumbai ? OR another way of improving revenue.

^^^

Is it because RIM SMS servers are located in Mumbai ? OR another way of improving revenue.

No not because of RIM servers located in mumbai,

but Because 9773xxxxxx series belong to mumbai circle ( BPL Mobile)

Edited by r.world

still free for me if the above info is correct. Maybe some prepaid user can clarify

I think sms to any 10 digits noS is free for DAPO users.

I tried to send sms from Bahrain, but no reply from the gmail mobile server. So it will not reply to overseas countries.

I will second Drali on this issue. AFAIK, Special numbers are those that start with 5, all other numbers are charged as standard SMS's only. Hence for DAPO and people with SMS60 or SMS25 packs on postpaid will obviously get this service for free. For prepaiders and for postpaiders who do not have any SMS packs, Mumbai and Maha Circle subscribers will be charged at local SMS rates and for RoI subscribers, it will be STD SMS.

But then, RCOM is known to do things which confound all. So better check with CC or CMO on this issue. Maybe RCOM will mark 97733 00000 as a special number in their world class error free billing system and start charging everyone Rs 3 for each SMS. But then why would Google opt for a normal 10 digit number when they could have continued with their older 5 or 6 digit number?

hi,

We (company i work in) are providing the SMS platform to Google, the 9773300000 is a virtual number belongs to Mumbai Circle, hence for Mumbaiites sms charges to ths number will be local (can be free too, depending upon your plan) and for non-mumbai number, std charges will be applied.

Premium charges are only for short code which start with digit "5".

Google wants to provide the service to netizen for less costs as possible hence they opted for long code (10 digit).

Cheers.

Edited by raj_raj_in_in

^^^

Thanks for the clarification. CC or CMO would have not given the correct picture for as long as they could fool customers.

CC or CMO would have not given the correct picture for as long as they could fool customers

Very Correct my dear Kumaar.

CC or CMO are sitting their just to create CONFUSIONS and nothing else.

Regards.

^^^ It seems CC itself gets new info later than public/press. I sympthacise with CC agent, he just gives the info he gets form his monitor, 'lazy'/ overenthusiastic agent may give incomplete/wrong info. When I checked with CC about Google SMS, agent fist simply said NO info. It s good to know that there is some official/semi official (?) responce thro a'r.world' member.

Very good service from Google. Lot of information at normal SMS tariff is great. I have 333 national sms free in my Platinum plan and after that also only 30p. Great

i m from mumbai.. i use my tata indicom for such services... i m under lets rock plan.. i was charged 10paise for sms to 9773300000......

but i guess for RIM users .. SMS charges are same for Maharashtra ,Mumbai Goa for Maharashtra cirlce users ... i m Maharashtra circle user so i ll be charged normally.... m i correct?

^^^

That number is not Google, but SMS India. And normal charges will apply for SMS to that.

^^^

http://labs.google.co.in/smschannels/help#subscribe

You can use the service by going to the Google SMS Channels site or via your mobile phone. On the web you can sign up using your Google account. You'll need to input your phone number while signing up. We'll send a verification code via SMS to your phone. You'll need to input the verification code you received to complete the sign up process.

On SMS you can just send REGISTER to 9870807070 to sign up for the service. You will receive a reply "You've accepted the Terms of Service at http://labs.google.co.in/smschannels/termsofuse. To subscribe, reply ON channel name. eg. ON GoogleNews. For more commands reply HELP"

What do u mean by normal ..?? STD sms rates or local SMS rates?

I got a 500 server error when I clicked on the link you have provided.

As for your query on Normal, it means that normal SMS rates will be charged. Suppose the number 9870807070 is a Maha number, then it will be charged at local rates to you but for me it will be free (since I am on DAPO) and for others who do not have any SMS packs on their postpaid numbers, then it will be charged at STD SMS rates if they are from RoI. Hope it is clear to you now. Anyway all this has already been discussed in post#11 above.

I don't think 9870807070 belongs to Google, it belongs to SMS_India which is a private SMS channel operated By Rajeev

My SMSes to this number are failing every time I try to send searches to this no. May be reliance has blocked the service, not sure.

How is their procedure? No idea.