Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sunil_jok

G-mail Account

hi guys,

i have been using gmail for a couple of days now. and i can tell u that gmail is not email. it is completly different. i was never an emailer, i would send an email only if necessary. but after i got gmail, i have been trying to find ppl to email, it is definitly addictive.

the first thing you notice about gmail after u log in is the elegant as well as simple interface. the 2nd thing you notice is

You are currently using 0 MB (0%) of your 1000 MB.

well thats a very big thing. you dont feel as if you are constrained by anything. while using hotmail the space is used up pretty fast, but in order for that message to change in gmail you have to use atleast 10mb. gmail says that 1gb should last a person for 5 years, that is without deleting anything, incoming email or outgoing email.

in gmal the to and fro messages, ie replies to the mail u had send and the consiquent emails are arranged in tabs. which can be opened with just a click without going out of the compose screen. it is very good thing because you can read through all the messages while composing an email and know what you had said earlier and the replies you received.

that reminds me about the short cut. after u have logged into gmail u just have to press "C" to get the compose window. "r" to reply "a" to reply to all "G+I" to go to inbox. and its actually very fast. it seems that the whole page is not fetched from the server. it gives the impression tht only the data is verified or fetched from the server. so if you have a new message it wont take time to load the page. but it will show the new message very fast. also u can leave the window open and gmail will automatically check for new messages at regular intervels.

well thats all im going to put for now.

i have to go out now, so i will post more when i have more time. in the meantime chirag, tell us what you feel about gmail.

btw i will try to put some screenshots when i have time.

but after i got gmail, i have been trying to find ppl to email, it is definitly addictive.

Great, Sunil_jok! But just HOW do you sign in for a new email ID? There seems to be no link to the creation of a new account in the GMail website. Lemme know.

Melvyn

oh yea, well gmail hasnt officially launched yet. so it is not available to the public. but u can get it if u get invited from either a google employee or a gmail user. and no use asking me for invites, im heavily booked. i got 3 invites yesterday and gave them all yesterday itself. i have given one to chirag, so that he too might get invites and so that way will be able to give a few more to rimweb users. i will try to give a few more to rimweb, but i didnt get any today.

i also swapped one of my invites to get a aventuremail account. it gives 2 gb email account.

http://www.youvegotpost.com

this is supposed to give unlimited storage and unlimited attachments and everything unlimited, but so far i havent received my account yet.

ok some correction.

youvegotpost does not give unlimited storage. but they give 1 tb terra byte. how is that?

Disk Space Usage: 3.54 KB of 976.56 GB (0.0%)

Hey Chirag,

Sunil is fully booked on this GMail stuff. Since he has made you a member, would you consider inviting me to this elite GMail website? I'll pray for your happiness and success till your dying day!!!

I'm contactable at mail@misquita.org

Regards,

Melvyn

Hey chirag and sunil save some invites for us too we're waiting for an invite poor rimweb users remember !!!!!!!!

How about spymac I find it slow. Can u'll compare it with spymac, reading sunils post it seems like they've made it up really good. So when is it scheduled to release publically ????????/

:blink: spymac is too damn slow ... takes so long inspite of the fact that i use a cable connection !!! hey chirag, sunil ... im waiting for an invite :) dont forget about me !! :blink:

atpresent gmail does not have pop3 access. they might provide it later on. but i dont think u need pop3 for something like that. iwould rather keep my mail online

I'll pray for your happiness and success till your dying day!!!

uh?? Wow ppl have already planned my burial :P;) Dont mind dying a RONALD REAGAN ishtyle! ;)

I am in the middle of jus everything in my life, and gmail had to happen to me just now as well ! :D

My invites will go to Sunil, rest, he'd take care of them! So go ahead and eat his head :blink:

I'll pray for ur success as well !!!!

sorry about that chirag. i just wanted your opinion ;-), didnt think it would cause that much headache to u. i guess that is the price u have to pay. because all of them expect a lot from you, even when you are busy. best of luck with your research ;-)

Nope Sunil, I didn't expect much from you.

Just a small favour, type few keys in your system. Refer my id to gmail.

greens@gawab.com

Thanxyz.

ok some correction.

youvegotpost does not give unlimited storage. but they give 1 tb terra byte. how is that?

Disk Space Usage: 3.54 KB of 976.56 GB (0.0%)

I registered at Youvegotpost

but it gave me only 100 mb..

Disk Space Usage: 3.58 KB of 100.00 MB (0.0%)

No POP access for GMail ? Dont worry... check out PGTG to download your GMails to your Outlook Express !

Most ppl would prefer to use gmail thru web client bcz

its got many things different..

But for others

Thats a really good program... :)

using pop3 with gmail would just be destroying its utility. if u want to do that just get an account with some other provider like spymac, the utility of gmail is the way message is archived and the conversation views etc.

i dont know any pop3 client which can offer such a facility

Well i downloaded dot net , iapplication is working but not able to authenticate so i cant recieve mails . can anyone tell me what the settings are.I use win xp prof.And use cable net through lan.

Has anyone used "Izymail - email gateway"

This is an interesting piece of proggy..

Never seen anything like it..!!

http://izymail.com

Man, I could not find a any email gatway utility in their site under product and services! Mail online, Route, Delivers, Mailserver were there. Pls help!! :)

I too installed the izymail s/w.. it works pretty good in recieving mails.. but, cant send mails.... Guess....thats the restriction in the freeware.... Probably Bored can help out here.... Bored.. await my mail.... :D

Also, I couldnt get it to work with gmail though... :( ... I still am using pgtgm for that....

ok, maybe this is spoiling the party, but have you guys heard that google actually reads our mails and serves us related ads that they call "relevant"?

a further addition to the previous post, rediff i believe gives out 1gb too, so why the fuss over gmail??? (i understand it has a clean interface, but thats not all you know...)

pardon me gmail fanatics!!!

ok, maybe this is spoiling the party, but have you guys heard that google actually reads our mails and serves us related ads that they call "relevant"?

Every Email service reads ur mails for SPAM as well !! Now how do u justify this?

Lets rem tht they rn't reading ur mails manually! :D

i may be wrong but thats not the way ordinary mail providers check for spam. i think what they would is to check for recognized words.