Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
savramesh

Reliance Coverage

Have anyone experienced CDMA coverage improvement after the installation of new towers for GSM. i heard from reliance that once new GSM towers are installed they will fix CDMA antennas to provide much better coverage in poor areas..

I am having a poor CDMA network in my area.. a new GSM tower is installed within 500 mts from my house. but its not yet active, i was assured from reliance a year back that after completing all new installations they will share the tower for both CDMA and GSM.

if anyone got an improved CDMA network with the new tower installation. then pls let me know here..??

Hope i will also get a good CDMA coverage soon...

Dear ramesh,

From reliance mumbai head office they have been told me like this before. Also in our area, they are errecting GSM/CDMA antenna. The technicians those errecting antenna have been told my brother that they are going to install both GSM/CDMA. But for confirmation I wrote email to corporate centre before 3 days, waiting for their reply. After getting reply, I'll inform you

To save on cost reliance is definitely sharing the same infrastructure for gsm and cdma.at least this is being followed in ORISSA.here almost all reliance towers have both gsm as well as cdma antenna.

Can anyone capture a pic of a Reliance Tower with both GSM and CDMA? How to identify them?

yes will post 2moro

this is really a great news for me. after struggling for years i am going to enjoy services inside my home..

very very eager to see the snap.

i checked the tower in my place, it has only three single antennas fixed in 120 degrees to each other plus one funnel shaped antenna.. they are smaller than normal cdma antennas(with RelianceMobile printed on it).. also the older cdma tower doesnt have gsm antennas. so i hope its all in the way... soon it will be done...

Edited by savramesh

yes will post 2moro

awaiting the photo...

yes will post 2moro

awaiting the photo...

Dear Friend

They have installed GSM Antenna over CDMA Towers But

new GSM Towers do not have CDMA . Also the range of

new CDMA Towers are very less 3 to 4 KM in open.

GSM Antenna are smaller and Reliance word

printed over it

CDMA 3 to 4 kilometers is good coverage right ? i heard GSM got only 1 kilometer coverage..

What is the maximum coverage given by CDMA and GSM ??

I required only 1 KM CDMA coverage to get good signal in my living area..

In open areas like roads the coverage is generally about 20 km for cdma.but this reduces drastically in localities and becomes about 3 to 4 kilometers to accomodate more channels.

if a signal from tower can travel 20 kms and reach a mobile, then the message signal from mobile will travel 20 kms to the same tower.. So think how powerful is CDMA mobiles...

Tower is far costlier than antenna now.

So they are hanging antennas on towers what they have.

Once again a stupid response from reliance..

---------------------------------------------------My mail to reliance last week.-----------------------------------

I am experiencing a poor signal in my area. I had been contacted the technical department several times long before for the same problem..

That time i was informed that once new towers are installed for GSM service, CDMA antennas will also be fixed on the same tower to provide good CDMA coverage in poor area.

I found a new reliance tower is installed near my area..Providing CDMA coverage from that tower will solve my issue in my area..

Kindly take this request on top priority, and do the needful.. I will be very much happy to enjoy your services with good coverage, for which i am sticking with Reliance for last few years..

--

Regards,

Ramesh Amala Srinivasan

---------------------------------------Reply from Reliance-----------------------------------------------

Dear Customer,

We tried contacting you on the number provided, but unable to reach you.

With reference to your complaint regarding network issue, we request you to provide us with the following details:

* Your city.

* Exact location (Address, Landmark/ Pincode/ District/Taluka) where problem faced.

* Indoor/Outdoor.

* Number of signal bars visible on your handset screen.

* From when are you facing this problem.

* Alternate contact number (if available).

* Specific time/All the time.

* Handset Type.

The details furnished by you would enable us to assist you better.

Yours sincerely,

Hetal Shrivastav

Service Assurance Cell

Reliance Communications

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I replied the with required details and again they replied

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Customer,

In reference to your mail regarding network issue for Reliance Mobile Number 9344102060, please note that your request is logged as Service Request ID 82613617. We are working on the same and will respond to you in next four business working days.

Yours sincerely,

Paresh Kumbhar

Service Assurance Cell

Reliance Communications

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And finally today they sent me a STUPID sms for that i replied them thru mail

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today i received an sms from 9320572051 saying "Dear Reliance customer, issue pertaining to your Service request no. 82613617 is resolved. We value your association with us"

What do you meant by "resolved" ???, i am still facing network issue, but you are saying it is resolved. Also you are saying you value our association. Let me know without a proper network how can i associate with you. ??

Please dont send such irritating replies and hurt customers, its better to say "issue cannot be solved".

--

Regards,

Ramesh Amala Srinivasan

trust rcom cust care to do no better... But then again they're just as good as the others ;-)

I am facing the same problem for last one month, I have complained them number of time but only receiving same message at last "problem resolved" reliance will not improve. I had threaten them to terminate my connection but no use.