Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kunalmundra

Reliance Blackberry 8830 World Edition (cdma & Gsm)

i want to know if its possible to unlock a RELIANCE BLACKBERRY 8830 WORLD EDITION, reliance is a CDMA service provider in india...i want to unlock the phone for GSM usage..that is BPL (gsm service provider.)

PHONE SPECIFICATIONS SAYS that its gsm/cdma use compatible..but my sim doesnt work on it..please help..!

kunal

Call me. and its 8830 not 3330.

well even i can help u in this ......u can pm me

Hi,

I have successfully done the unlocking of Reliance Blackberry 8830 World Edition bought from WebWorld. The GSM is unlocked and i have tested using Airtel & Vodafone SIM. Works fine.

There are many vendors on ebay.in who can do it for a fee. I got it done through one of them. But one trick Reliance has done which i want all of you to know. If you type *#06# to obtain your IMEI code, the code shown on the phone is not correct. The last digit is altered. Since unlocking GSM depends on IMEI number, this trick will render any unlocking attempts unsuccessful.

To know the correct IMEI of your phone you need a software to read your IMEI directly from the handset. I am attaching the same. You can use it.

BB_MepReader.zipInstrucctions.txt

^^^

no need of code for 8830

just use mfi tool

use MML multiloder ...search for a pdf guide which has a step by step process

Can any one tell me If My reliance CDMA 8830 will continue to work as reliance CDMA even after GSM is Unlocked?

Which means i continue to use my phone as before and in addition to that i will be able to use it as gsm whenever i wish to

It will continue to work in CDMA and you can use it in GSM.... But One at a time... Not Together..

• Like 1

\dear

i am using a 8830 \reliance handset, i want to know whethr if after unlocking the handset will i be able to activate black berry services of any other service provider for eg:- Airtel, Vodafone, Idea etc..?

someone told me that once after unlocking the BB services cannot be activated.

^ after unlocking gsm part, you can use blackberry services of any gsm operator as well as blackberry services of reliance (in cdma mode)..