Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
naveen_patil

Why Nokia N Series Is Not Available With Rim

Currently using Reliance and planning to buy an upgrade phone .My phone is Lg rd5130 at present and i am happy with it but today the mobile has become your status symbol (most of us think this ,not me) . so going with the majority i planned to and visit Reliance Webworld but cant found my favourite Nokia N series in Reliance nor the second option Sony Ericsson.i wants to change from Lg to Nokia Nseries or Sony Ericsson . can anyone help which phone to be chosen from the present list of available phones which have professional Looks like Nokia N series and some great music capabilities like Sony Ericsson Walkmen series (i just got scared and amazed after trying some music on some phones at Reliance Webworld ).please help :confuse::help:

^^^

My dear friend, Nokia N Series and Sony Ericsson handsets are available for only GSM services and Reliance provides CDMA. Very soon, in the end of this month Reliance is going to start its GSM services also.

So, it is better not to waste your hard earned money on highend Cdma handsets. You should wait for Reliance GSM services to be started throughout the country. Then you can use any of your favourite Nokia N Series or Sony Ericsson Walken Series handsets with it.

The deadline of Reliance GSM services to be started throughout the nation is 28 December as per our information.

Regards.

nokia has no plans of a cdma n series handset .....so the only way to use n series or a sony ericsson walkman device is to wait for reliance gsm services or simply change ur serivice and shift to gsm

You will have to wait for even more if you want to use the current CDMA number with Reliance's GSM service as you need to wait until number portability is implemented.

Nokia has an established base in the GSM market (mid-cost to premium) and has no real interest in catering to the CDMA market.

That's pretty much the reason why companies like LG have such a strong base here (CDMA) but slowly, they're improving as well by proving the 'extras' of the GSM market.

Edited by natjay