Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vkat

Why Should I Stick To Reliance/cdma?

Friends I would like to know why should we stick to RIL/CDMA even having so many problems?

1) Poor or high cost Handsets;

- I can not stop using Blue tooth but so far only Nokia6265 works well with it and the same has been discontinued?

- Other then Nokia all handsets offer everything but basic easy to-the-point operations.

- take example of blackberry handsets they cost around US$300 x 50 = INR 15,000 in US and cost around INR 45,000 in India?

- Most of the handsets are available at webworld but RIL do not take any responsibility of handsets?

2) Poor Customer Care / After Sales Services;

3) Forced Advertisements

- DND has been introduced long back in 2006 but of no use. I have registered DND in way back in 2006 and since then I requested many times to stop bothering me. But, still I am receiving advertisements from RIL itself.

Moral is if we are not getting basic facilities then why should we continue using RIL/CDMA?

I do not know this is possible or not or how many people agree with me. But I would like to have a service provider having following:-

1) Signals/Area/Coverage/Sound Quality like RIL;

2) Handsets like Nokia;

3) After Sales Support like Samsung;

4) Pricing/Offers like TATA.

Edited by vkat

1) It is mainly because of this reason that Reliance is desperate to start GSM service and they are almost ready now. However there is no benefit for the CDMA customer (as handset will remain the same) except that they can switch to Reliance GSM service when MNP is introduced.

2) I guess the service quality level would be the same with GSM service as well. What actually are the issues that you are facing? You need to contact the higher level officials by email rather than *333 for complex issues.

3) I've enabled DND a few months ago, I don't get any pesky calls lately.

My dear Vipul, most of us are going to shift to Reliance GSM as soon as it is available throughout the nation.

We can expect Good Network Quality in Reliance GSM also.

And their is a vast variety of handsets in GSM.

Regards.

GSM network cant give clarity of voice like CDMA and even DATA is better in CDMA.

Only advantage remains in GSM is huge choice of handsets.

Tariffs in gsm also cant beat CDMA due to frequency strain. like unlimited offer by Relaince CDMa and TATA indicom.

Let me tell u there are 2 new service provider coming up with pan india CDMA technology Russian Sistema and Indian HFCL combined Videocon.

i agree wt allmost all points sadik..but if i remember well videocon is going to be GSM....

i agree wt allmost all points sadik..but if i remember well videocon is going to be GSM....

Hi dude!!!!!!! I do agree with you regarding the quality of service provided by the network providers in the CDMA segment. But let me tell you that, even if you move to a GSM operator, it is not a bed of roses!!!!!!! GSM has its own disadvantages, like sometimes CC is not responsive, also network clarity is the main disadvantage.

If you want, its fair enough if you shift to a GSM operator, but go with a conservative mind, and Please do not expect the MOON from the GSM operators!!!!!!!!!!

Involving HFCL which is CDMA based service provider in Punjab, i think its gonna be CDMA.

They still to finalise technology i think.

As i have read one PDF of Mr Nahata of HFCL that they looking possibilities in CDMA handset manufacturing as well as service providing.

If you want, its fair enough if you shift to a GSM operator, but go with a conservative mind, and Please do not expect the MOON from the GSM operators!!!!!!!!!!

I 100% agree with this view. I am using Reliance CDMA and Airtel GSM for past 2 years. Other than choice of handsets, I would rate Reliance CDMA far better than Airtel in the following terms

• Better continous network while in travels. Airtel breaks and then again we have to call
  • Relaince CC response( email to company) is as good or even better when compared to Airtel
  • Tariffs are far cheaper
  • I am able to keep better contacts with Reliance team, since the number of postpaid corporate subscribers in Reliance are less, so always Roayl treatment. But in Airtel you are in a ocean

So except handset options expect all others to be a tad lower. This is from my own personnel experience

GSM becoming more competative day by day but still they have long way to go to compete Relianc and TATA. What CDMA can offer GSM can never and what GSM can offer CDMA can not - atleast in near future.

Reliance network wise surely far superior than any other operators. They offer best f tariff too.

GSM can not offer voice clarity of CDMA and network stability of CDMA.

I shiftet from AT&T to HUTCH TO BSNL TO reliance to Airtel hence I know. Reliance is best network wise (Quality and coverage) BSNL Is best coverage wise but poor in quality. Airtel is average. All other operators has their niche network - like in Gujarat VODAFONE has best coverage - but no EDGE. Airtel has good network as long as you are under sky. As soon as you are under roof, networks start dwindling.

GSM has only one advantage - i.e. handset and because of which peace of mind. Because of poor handsets in CDMA - I was never at ease and peace.

Airtel - for me - they have better CC than reliance.

My dear Vipul, most of us are going to shift to Reliance GSM as soon as it is available throughout the nation.

We can expect Good Network Quality in Reliance GSM also.

And their is a vast variety of handsets in GSM.

Regards.

Thank you for your suggestion Honest. I will also wait till R-GSM comes. And hope that will be as good as RIM (in voice quality).

Still I wish if we could find some service provider as I mentioned above.

Thank you everybody for your suggestions and comments.

yes the network is good so r tariffs only the handsets pinch

Brother I am just sticking to RIL due to network as price matters only when other things including handsets are fine. I can not survive without Blue Tooth. And the best handset so far I used with Blue Tooth is Nokia 6265. And bad news is this handset is no more available :( But RIL claim that the same should be available around? Anyhow, let us wait and see if RIL comes with some good handset (value for money).

So u missed all the imported handset list for sure. ;)

Sending one handset to Chandigarh tomorrow, u can have a feel.

:):)

can u provide info abt CHD handset, so that I can also get in touch.

Airtel have Best of Best Customer Care from Billing Issue to GPRS Issue from Refund of Deposit to Configuration Problem in Near by Tower everything have been solved in 24 hours and i received the call for Satisfaction and Rating the Customer Call.

They have Best Internet Console for Billing, Online Payments, Online Complaints, Plan Change,

Single Login can have multiple Number Hooked, They are always Number one Innovator in VAS from Blackberry to Missed Called Alerts to Messaging SMS 2, Imoticons Based SMS, Song Catched , Dialer Tones the List goes on. All Airtels Innovations are Copied by Reliance but it took them 1 to 2 years. Just See the Song Cathed Airtel had it on last March and Reliance Just got those Technology, Dont Blame GSM Operator for Congestion, Low Voice Quality becuase they are at Highest Crunch of Spectrum.

Now lets HSDPA come to India then EVDO (CDMA Successor) Vs HSDPA (GSM Successor) will be a Legendary Battle.

My brother Airtel Delhi (supposedly the best), but let me tell you that it is at least 33% costlier in the long run than Reliance; Rest All deficiencies are almost common, except choice of handset; Coverage wise also I would rate Reliance slightly better on the highways and remote areas; So I dont see any major benefit of shifting to GSM right now as things stand... and I am quite happy with my Mogul 6800 on Reliance, using it to max utility...

So u missed all the imported handset list for sure. ;)

Sending one handset to Chandigarh tomorrow, u can have a feel.

:):)

Thanks Buddy for all your efforts. I would like to check and buy if everything works fine. Can you please elaborate a little more how and where I could check Handset(s)? I will be highly obliged.

One simple reason for sticking to Reliance is, at least in the bigining, it provided better reception in our area/working place, compared to other networks.

Although the network coverage of airtel is a little better at present in ORISSA,IT'S tarif plans are limited and very costly.tata coverage is not that wifespread.otherwise it has got a couple of good voice plansso i remain with reliance till i get a better deal..

iT's strange how in a boquet of service providers, it's only airtel and rcon that seem to be the ones compared and discussed... My network journey has been fairly limited... Started with essar cellphones (now hutch) when it launched in Lucknow to rcom when it was launched here... Recently bought a Bsnl for GPRS essentially but all in all I am a satisfied customer with rcom

My dear friends, no doubt that earlier Reliance CDMA provided the best services. Voice quality was also superb.

But now, Reliance CDMA really s**ks. Voice breaking & Call Drops are very frequent now a days. It seems that Reliance is now a days much more considering towards its forthcoming GSM launch. They had totally shifted their focus to GSM. Now they don't care for CDMA customers. God know why ?

Regards.

I started using mobile phones with prepaid connection from AirTel. There after I have used BSNL Cellone and Vodafone. And last RCOM.

Comparing all the four I am the happiest with RCOM. AirTel has a very shaky network -sometimes good at times horrible!! BSNL-full network & still call drops!! Vodafone-Good network but no good Internet plans. So now with RCOM I am happy with Voice(Very good voice clarity as expected from CDMA) as well as Internet(on the move). :)

Now waiting for RCOM to launch GSM so that I can use my High End GSM handset which is lying of NO use after switching to CDMA! :huh:

Edited by srk006

My dear friends, just read the post number 13 in the below mentioned thread. After reading you will know how Reliance respond to the customers who are facing Network Problems with their Network.

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?show...&st=0

But there is no reason to believe that reliance gsm will be able to offer better quality due to inherent gsm limitation however 3g is different

3G will be for data,not for voice calls.so the data speed will be more or less equal for all operators.the only differentiating factor will be the pricing and also the quality of voice calls.many new players are also coming soon with both latest cdma as well as gsm technology.let the competition hot up.so let's wait and watch.