Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vkat

Please Suggest Handset (cdma)

Friends I am looking for some CDMA handset for RIL (CDMA) I just require 3 things other options are added advantages :-

1) User Friendly as Nokia phones

2) Properly working Push to Talk Blue Tooth

3) Easy Speed Dialing

Please suggest some handsets I could choose from. Please do not go as per specs and suggest tested once as specs might be fishy.

Thanks in Advance :)

Well u can to for treo 755p it's one the most robust handsets I have seen it will fulfill all it requiremnets and in addition have some other features as well u can google it...also the build quality us better than nokia..only thing Is that u won't get any warranty if u r ok with it.

My dear Vipul, if you want a Slim handset then Nokia 6275 is the best handset available with Reliance right now with Warranty.

My dear Vipul, if you want a Slim handset then Nokia 6275 is the best handset available with Reliance right now with Warranty.

Thanks again for suggesting Nokia 6275 I know its slim but I come to know that Blue Tooth problem is there :(

Also, I can try any handset with/without warranty but it should fulfill my basic requirements. As I already spent more then Rs. 50,000 on Handsets and could not find better then Nokia 6265 I am just worried and not like to waste more money. That is why I requested for tested handsets and not just specifications. Like if you go through specifications of Samsung SCH-W619 and Motorola V9M they looks much better then Nokia 6265 but when you use them :(

Still I appreciate your efforts for suggesting me new handsets. I will check them for sure.

Thanks again for suggesting Nokia 6275 I know its slim but I come to know that Blue Tooth problem is there :(

Also, I can try any handset with/without warranty but it should fulfill my basic requirements. As I already spent more then Rs. 50,000 on Handsets and could not find better then Nokia 6265 I am just worried and not like to waste more money. That is why I requested for tested handsets and not just specifications. Like if you go through specifications of Samsung SCH-W619 and Motorola V9M they looks much better then Nokia 6265 but when you use them :(

Still I appreciate your efforts for suggesting me new handsets. I will check them for sure.

Vipul

I m awaiting my New 755P Treo from Sadikk in a couple of days ( Dispatching today hopefully) , You can wait and watch, come, see the handset, feel it, since I too am in chandigarh.If you like it then it is a good upgrade from Nokia

That way a 11K handset with PDA like features can be a prospect.

reg the Nokia, I have used the 6275, as a basic phone it is good, the bluetooth does have some gaps but for data and other things , it is good enuff. Lots of Phones have been through my Hands, But Nokia has been the prime phone due to ease of use and a Easily available charger everywhere :Riendo:

Every Manufacturer has some pros and cons, let us see Palm 755P, it has some very positive reports from Biggies like Dhiraj and Dr Mufaddal here.

** No promos, Just suggesting the phone, you may buy from anywhere...

6275 or 6265 are no match for Treo755p; but Mogul 6800 is the best...

Edited by dkaile

Treo 755P is the one u looking for u know.

U will love it. The way i am loving it :)

Mogul 6800 is the best...

aapne to meri dil ki baat bol di .......

but it is best if u know how to handle a windows mobile device....otherwise just close ur eyes and go for treo755p

Mogul 6800 is the best...

aapne to meri dil ki baat bol di .......

but it is best if u know how to handle a windows mobile device....otherwise just close ur eyes and go for treo755p

Agreed Mogul is actually mogul, but the ease of handling, sturdiness, and the Platform and Of course the Cost does make it one of those sets which look good in your hand but are a liability eqv to something which I would say for last year's Bulky IBM laptops,

Mogul needs to be taken care of so much I washed my hands off mine in 2 days flat though at a loss of couple of thousand rupees :Decepcionado:

As the Doc says u shud how to handle a Win Device, still it is so damn slow that you feel u r working the Pent 1, with 16MB SD RAM (One premium Fast computer when it was launched) LOL

bro i think than u have not understood how windows mobile function.....

i have tried nad tested a lot ofwindows mobile devices and let me tell u one thing that i was disppointed by all of them ...so much so that i had pledged never to buy a windows mobile device again

1) the battery life was poor

2) the viewing angles ofthe screen was very narrow

3) unstable...reset button was my frend everday i ahd to do minimum 3-4 resets

4) touch screensensitivity was pathetic....u had to use stylus for most of the things

5) media functions were poor

6) typing messages on full touchscreen non keypad devices used to b a nightmare

but when i tried mogul it changed it all ......i was amazed by the touchscreen sensitivity it had .....thoughit lags as usual but i can tell u one thing if u r internet feak like me than treo is not gonna take u anywhere the data connection on treo ****s and on mogul it is the best i have seen so far

and always remeber one thing that windows mobile device doesnt have better memory managemnet so one basic rule needs to b followed that is close applications runnin inbackground and just do regular registery cleanups that is all what is requierd to maintain ur mogul nothing more .....u dont have to spend 12 hrs a day maintaining ur device

also lemme tell u i have more than 100 apps on mogul no probs whatsoever ......i had hard ressted my device only once when i bought the phoen coz i wanted to start fresh......after that no hard resets infact not even soft resets my device has nevr hung on me

and dont compare a phone to desktop .....a phone will always remain a phone ....agreed it is slow but not to that extent that ur work gets spoiled

but still if sum one wud ask me i wud recommend treo755 bcoz it is a stable phone....but for web freaks i definately dont recommend treo

bro i think than u have not understood how windows mobile function.....

i have tried nad tested a lot ofwindows mobile devices and let me tell u one thing that i was disppointed by all of them ...so much so that i had pledged never to buy a windows mobile device again

1) the battery life was poor

2) the viewing angles ofthe screen was very narrow

3) unstable...reset button was my frend everday i ahd to do minimum 3-4 resets

4) touch screensensitivity was pathetic....u had to use stylus for most of the things

5) media functions were poor

6) typing messages on full touchscreen non keypad devices used to b a nightmare

but when i tried mogul it changed it all ......i was amazed by the touchscreen sensitivity it had .....thoughit lags as usual but i can tell u one thing if u r internet feak like me than treo is not gonna take u anywhere the data connection on treo ****s and on mogul it is the best i have seen so far

and always remeber one thing that windows mobile device doesnt have better memory managemnet so one basic rule needs to b followed that is close applications runnin inbackground and just do regular registery cleanups that is all what is requierd to maintain ur mogul nothing more .....u dont have to spend 12 hrs a day maintaining ur device

also lemme tell u i have more than 100 apps on mogul no probs whatsoever ......i had hard ressted my device only once when i bought the phoen coz i wanted to start fresh......after that no hard resets infact not even soft resets my device has nevr hung on me

and dont compare a phone to desktop .....a phone will always remain a phone ....agreed it is slow but not to that extent that ur work gets spoiled

but still if sum one wud ask me i wud recommend treo755 bcoz it is a stable phone....but for web freaks i definately dont recommend treo

Doc Saab,

How can a Noob be so noob to challenge anything u say. I just wrote my experience with the Mogul , I did not reset it or did not use many applications on the run, but it was still a baby to take care of , feed, nurture.....Anyways it has been with many handsets, The Only happy feeling with a phone was the Nokia 6600 that too lasted for a couple of months after it started hanging up . There is always scope for more in a phone.

Symbian 60 would have made for good platform but Nokia does not have any Immedieate plans to give us the pleasure , the 6255 ****ed, the 6265 was ok, but sliders dont last with a heavy user, the 6275 has done 1000 odd hours and hasnt balked yet so ....

Now u loved the mogul coz it was like moving from a FiatPalio D to a Fiat powered swift D (analogous: same technology but much better mode of delivery, I know coz I moved frm a palio to swift) But for a nokia user, it would again take some time to adjust to this platform

A Windows Mobile on the other hand require you to constantly monitor your memory status, temp files. But if one has the experience and hands on knowledge like urself .

agreeing with you and Like I said A mogul is a Mughal, No doubt it is a sweet phone with great looks but my user experience has been limited while you have been using it extensively and It deems enough to agree that if managed properly, it is a good fone. :SI:

How can a Noob be so noob to challenge anything u say

ITS NOT ABOUT challenging or criticising any one "s statement ....we are all here for a healthy discussion and to learn .....even i was a noob ...no one is a born hacker /techie

also these r subjective issues ...i wrote what i found abt moguland my experience and u wrote about yours .....so in the end its a subjective issue

but for a nokia user, it would again take some time to adjust to this platform

thats the main reason y i said that i recommend treo 755 to those who dont have hand on experinece with windows mobile ......

Edited by mufaddal_km

Friends first of all please cool down. Now I have started feeling that I am the culprit and why I started this thread. So, please forgive me.

Otherwise, thanks for all your advises but let me come back to my original question (if I am allowed). I just want a basic phone with basic requirements as I mentioned above. I am least interested in multimedia, net connection etc etc. For me prime use of mobile is to talk and talk without any problem. The device should be easy to operate. I am an IT Pro since past 20 years and know inside-out of windows...

As I mentioned above that I used so many handsets that I can not waste anymore money just to try something. I like HTC but again not easy to operate. Sorry to mention that most of the handsets available does almost everything but easy phoning.

If RIL just come-up with simple Handset with easy Operations, Push to talk Blue tooth (Properly working), Good Battery life & Good Phone Book Memory I love to buy that instead of buying Good Multimedia, Net, Camera...etc.

Now I have started feeling that either I should go for Nokia6265 or wait for R-GSM and in worst case I should move to GSM like Airtel. I know RIL is best in Network & Pricing but its not fulfilling my basic need :(

I want to thank all my friends who devoted so much time writing for me. If someone please just suggest a phone for me (as I want) I will be highly obliged.

I once again apologies for whatever I have written, if harmed/heart anyone in anyway. I have started this topic just to know if there is some product available and I am not aware about.

lol sorry for what ??????

as said earlier also for your necessities treo is the best option for u .....also dont worry about bluetooth.....it supports and works pretty well with bluetooth headsets ....i myself use bluetooth headsets most of the time....and treo wud work fine with them ...no interruptions or connection issues ......only thing is that u wont get a2dp ......but then thats not what u looking for....so the best option wud b treo

cheers

lol sorry for what ??????

as said earlier also for your necessities treo is the best option for u .....also dont worry about bluetooth.....it supports and works pretty well with bluetooth headsets ....i myself use bluetooth headsets most of the time....and treo wud work fine with them ...no interruptions or connection issues ......only thing is that u wont get a2dp ......but then thats not what u looking for....so the best option wud b treo

cheers

Thank you for your concern and I just visited website of Treo. If I am wrong you must be suggesting Treoâ„¢ 755p (Sprint) ? If it is so I think this handset is available in US and Canada only. How it will work here in India with Reliance without any problem?

Vipul, dude

there is no heated discussion here pal, it was just my 2 bits against using a mogul, but as doc mufaddal says, u need to use it properly.

k , in brief go for 6275, else wait, i ll get my treo frm sadik ,(it can be configured on reliance:thx rimweb) u can see it in flesh.

the ptt bluetooth fails in the nokias inexplicably

for details u can call me on 9356661616

anyways i m sorry if it seems like i was arguing with doc, sorry 2 u 2 doc

arey yaar i said there was never a dispute or heated disucssion ....it was a subjective point of veiw.....u dont have to b sorry bro ......v all discuss stuff here thats the way v get knwoledge ......

even treo755p is my first palm device ......it is just by discussion with other palm users i have learnt abt it ....so i see no harm in having such discussions

as always keep new ideas cumin in that is what is the essence of rimweb

regards

If I am wrong you must be suggesting Treoâ„¢ 755p (Sprint) ?

yes u read it correct it is treo755p from sprint .....

I

f it is so I think this handset is available in US and Canada only. How it will work here in India with Reliance without any problem

welcome to rimweb bro here such things r made possible.......it can and will work with reliance without any troubles .....

also as rohit is ready to assist u ....u can have a look at the phone urself and make the decision

Nice to see all members are coming up and its Rock Solid Relationship :) I love you Guys ;)

Coming back to business. Than you Mr. Rohit, I will love to see the phone working. If possible please do let me know accessories and pricing available for the same. If everything suits not only I will go for it but there are many known to me will go for the same.

Friends I can not explain how much excited I am looking for some suitable handset since past one year and at last with your help I might be able to live peacefully.

Thank You Friends!

Peace

Vipul

I have the Phone with me and it is up and running. If you wish to see the same and feel it you are welcome to visit me, My office in sec 22 (Aroma wali line)

U can call me on 9356661616

> It is a nice phone and if you want a gizmo, ull love it, at least I like it.

Mr. Rohit,

I love to see the handset but, as suggested and R-GSM is coming to Punjab next month I want to wait and watch. Only after going through R-GSM I will decide to carry on with CDMA or switch over to GSM. Anyways, thank you for the offer. I love to be in touch with Good people like you so, I will call/meet you for sure.