Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vivekmukherji

Cannot Connect To Reliance Network While On Roaming With Palm Treo 755

Hello Folks

I am posting this query on behalf of my friend - Kapil Hudiya (also a member of Rimweb). Both of us have the Palm Treo 755 (Thanks to Sadik). Kapil is facing a peculiar problem while using the phone while he is roaming. His phone is registered at Mumbai and recently he travelled to Bangalore , but his phone couldn't connect to the Reliance Network while he was in Bangalore. The moment he returned to Mumbai, his phone started working as normal.

Question : Is there any specific setting we need to take care of while we use the Treo while on roaming ? Has anyone faced similar problem - if yes, how to fix this ?

Looking forward to your replies

Many thanks in advance

Vivek

:frown:

Yes, there seems to be some problem... Sadik, kindly research this problem, as it is coming from other users of Treo755p also...

Even if you go to outskirts of Mumbai this problem is happening

Can this thread be merged with the Existing Treo 755p ?

As this Topic is Treo specific, all Treo users will not know about this thread.. in case merged they can have a common problem addressed..

Edited by ACS

@jayant

Man u are been too rational.....

The existing thread on treo Is getting too bulky by the day....it is difficult to go thru so many pages for anyone to get answers to their querries

Their is no harm in having this as a seperate thread as many people r facing this issue ...it will b easier to get to this thread rather than hunting thru lot of pages of the other treo threads

According to me, this is surely provisiong problem

Check all parameter sid , nid, mnc, mcc and most important is prl. By any chance if prl is not proper than u will find u r phone in roaming.

Well I think i faced a similar problem after buying Treo and going out of Mumbai the first time.

Although my earlier handset (nokia 6265) used to work everywhere ie in roaming, the same number on Treo stopped working when i went to Ahmedabad and I had to call up customer care and get roaming activated AGAIN.

This took the whole day but after that its been working in other cities w/o any problem.

Funny part is that the 1st CC agent claimed roaming is activated and there must be some other problem. But the call got disconnected and i called second time when the 2nd agent said that system is showing roaming not activated and then he put in the request to activate roaming. After 5-6 hours it started working and hasn't stopped ever.

Don't know if you're referring to similar problem or something else. Just thought i'll put in my experience.

Yes, Amitabh, I think that is the correct resolution to this problem.... Reactivate Roaming....

@jayant

The existing thread on treo Is getting too bulky by the day....it is difficult to go thru so many pages for anyone to get answers to their querries

Their is no harm in having this as a seperate thread as many people r facing this issue ...it will b easier to get to this thread rather than hunting thru lot of pages of the other treo threads

Ok ok.. i agree that nobody has the patience to go thru even 10 pages.

But this Topic semms to have been altered.

Earlier it did not have the Handset name if im not wrong & just "Cannot Connect To Reliance Network While On Roaming ".. thats y the suggestion.

Secondly, its not Reliance's problem, its a handset problem.. therefore better if it moves to the specific 'Handset' category.

No it could be either of problem. I have faced this and it was Reliance problem. Incidentally I faced similar problem on Treo 700P

But this Topic semms to have been altered.

Earlier it did not have the Handset name if im not wrong & just "Cannot Connect To Reliance Network While On Roaming ".. thats y the suggestion.

@ACS

My dear Jayanth, yes you are right, earlier the handset name was not mentioned in the Topic Title, so I had UPDATED the TOPIC TITLE of this thread. This seems to be a MAJOR PROBLEM with IMPORTED HANDSETS. Thats why we didn't merged this thread with the old thread.

Regards.

No it could be either of problem. I have faced this and it was Reliance problem. Incidentally I faced similar problem on Treo 700P

But as per the initial few posts/replies.. it seems to be a specific Treo 755p problem.

Agreed that RComm might have problems in Roaming but their could be various reasons for the same.

On the other hand, members here are specifically acknowledging the fact that this handset does have Roaming Issues & are providing solutions specific to it.

guys lets focuss on the problrm rather than discussing which topic to post where....

honestly speaking it is getting very irritating.....v r techies man ...so let discuss the solution to the problem ....posting issues shud b left to mods and admins ...lets focuss on gettin the prolem solved

....also lemme tell u this problem doesnt happen with all imported handsets ....but seen in treo specially

i have tested both phones when out of town ...both were loaded with same prl ( diffrent connections of course) ...but treo755 had network issues when out of mumbai and mogul was working fine .....seems one needs to reactivate roaming

That is probably because in treo we do not get access to all provisioning data.

I have serial cable and have checked it with pst.

I have Treo 755p Reliance Network Mumbai and it does not work in roaming.

I had been to Kochin and it was unable to connect.

Can any one please help how to make Treo 755p active while roaming.

Saddik Bhai need help tried calling you, but you are not reachable

@jayant

Issue resolved by having a separate forum for Palm :grin:

Please use the "report" button if you come across any Palm related topics from other forums that needs to be moved here.

Problem Solved. Read this http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?show...6215&st=797

Mods may kindly merge this topic to the aforementioned one...

My post #5 said the same thing.. merge it!

I had also reported the same.. thanks to Arun for making things little more orderly.

Anyways, congrats to all for making the original Treo thread almost 55 pages long!

Edited by ACS

FINALLY A SEPERATE FORUM SECTION FOR PALM USRES :clap:

thanks

Anyways, congrats to all for making the original Treo thread almost 55 pages long!

Thats the beauty of the Palm Phone. You can gauge its popularity by that...

Issue resolved by having a separate forum for Palm :grin:

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You....

First of all Thanks Dhiraj.. :signthankspin: .for solving issue .....

I am using Treo frm past 6 months & its Mumbai No & had been twice to Gujarat ..i never faced such problem ....even ..outside Mumbai also..as during always weekedays i am at Pune ..so never faced such issues.........but then also for safer side will update the prl .........................