Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
manas_16

Can I Convert Cdma To Gsm With Same Number?

Hello,

I have a reliance CDMA handset LG -RD2530.Can i convert this into GSM with same number.

As i have recharged my current number with RS 550/- for getting 50 ps/min for any local mobile.

I dont want change the current numebr.But as it is having the problem with battery charge i want to convert it to GSM.If it is possible kindly

tell me the handset detals so that i can switch over..........

Manas

Yes you can go from cdma to gsm while retaining your number but for that u will have to wait for mnp (number portability) to come into effect

Also when reliance will launch it's gsm service u will b able to migrate to their gsm service keeping ur number same

So just cross ur fingers and wait till mnp comes into effect ( I don't know exactly when it will b )...of else u can get a new gsm connection with a new number

Hope that MNP comes soon. I'm also waiting for the same eagerly.

By the way, it is expected in the Second Quarter of 2009.

I think MNP with in the same operator was permitted few days ago.

me too waitint o shift to GSM and 3G

I think MNP with in the same operator was permitted few days ago.

NO, my dear Saurav it still not been permitted but I'm sure they will permit the MNP in the same operator earlier.

It will definetely be helpful for atleast Reliance Cdma customers to shift to Reliance GSM then and retaining the same old number. :)

^^^

I don't think MNP within the same operator also will be allowed as it will directly benefit only RCOM and TATA. All other cellcos will object and file suits to delay the implementation of this.

Thats why RCOM has come out with a new series of numbers starting with 90 and are informing existing CDMA customers also that they will get the last 5 to 6 digits as same.

Thats why RCOM has come out with a new series of numbers starting with 90 and are informing existing CDMA customers also that they will get the last 5 to 6 digits as same

Oh ! So for their new coming Gsm service they are offering last 5 to 6 digits numbers same as the subscribers have in CDMA.

That means MNP within the same operator is far away.