Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
yogeshkumar

Treo 755 - Vital Issues

I have been using Treo 755p for the past 2 months. From the initial usage, sometimes the phone resets automatically when kept idle or else while receiving a call. This happenes 2-3 times a day. Many a time the phone goes to "not reachable" for the dialer to my number even when the signal is excellent. Hence i switch it off and then switch on to start receiving incomming calls. This happens more than 3 to 5 times a day. Can any one please give me some immediate and permanent solution.

Bro one more member is having similar issue inthe other treo thread

Which version firmware are u using u can try to updte to latest 1.07

Also make sure u don't have many apps on phone memory ....

.also you can just do hard reset and see whether the problem persists (make sure to backup, don't backup any apps)

When ur device resets does it go thru loops of resets

If even after hard reset problem persists then it could b the either the handset or other network parameters

His issue is resolved i think, Updated his PRL through CDMAupdater, and deleted some unwanted software.

His issue is resolved i think, Updated his PRL through CDMAupdater, and deleted some unwanted software.

Bhaiyas,

Still my problem persists. Even now, when i dial a number and the phone is trying to connect it for a long time, i need to switch off the phone or take off the battery (switching off the phone is taking more time rather than taking the battery and making it forcably off). Then only i could able to get connected to the network. Parally i am not in a position to receive any calls also. it goes into not reachable mode. It happens 3-5 times in a day even when i stay within a single tower (Reliance has installed a tower based on our request since we were experiencing bad signal at our place) Also the phone freezes alteast once in a day. your advice is always waiting to be heard and executed. Please help me out bcos i am starting to getting frustrated to use it due to this fault alone.

Hard reset.

Dont keep too many unwanted software's on phone.

U let me know what is happening, will try to sort out the issue.

No one is facing such issue apart from u, also check if other handsets also got same issue or only palm giving problems.

I had a problem of phone freezing when I bought it to. I had to disable auto CalRec (if installed) for all calls. Also I had kept TakePhone as my default phone app. I had to switch back to the basic phone app with TakePhone available on alt+Phone key. Not had any hanging problem since. Try to remove some apps. Install Safeguard, that will tell you what is causing the crash.

yes , sometimes i too face the same prob , even updated to sprint 1,08

Hard reset.

Dont keep too many unwanted software's on phone.

U let me know what is happening, will try to sort out the issue.

No one is facing such issue apart from u, also check if other handsets also got same issue or only palm giving problems.

Palm is only having this issue. I am parally using 6275 with other number and it goes smooth while handling calls. i have got the following icons in my apps : my treo, quick tour, audio gate, bejeweled, bluetooth, calc, calendar, callrec, camcorder, camera, card info, card reader, CDMa update, contacts, converted, documents, downloads, easynotes, email, explorer, fontsmoother, getnuan, getgood, googlemaps, grouptext, hotsync, iambicstore, IM, magic tones, MB Handwriting, memos, messaging, minitones, NVbackup, on demand, phone, pics & video, plinthchart, prefs, ptunes, ringo, security, sharkmsg, snap, sounds, sprint store, sprint TV, Tasks, technician, treomsgr, U2U, voice memo, web, world clock, xiino.

If you advice me, i can delete any of the apps and do whatever you say that i make treo work effectively. thats it. Please help na.

remove the audio gate s/w on your phone ...best option is do a hard reset and upgrade to version 1.08

i havent faced such issues with my treo755p ...but i had exact problem on my mogul which i resolved by updating the prl....

i too would advise u to upgrade to new international prl

Edited by mufaddal_km

remove the audio gate s/w on your phone ...best option is do a hard reset and upgrade to version 1.08

i havent faced such issues with my treo755p ...but i had exact problem on my mogul which i resolved by updating the prl....

i too would advise u to upgrade to new international prl

Hi,

Thanks for your comments and i respect the same. but i have hard resetted and updated it to Version 1.07. But still i face the same problem (after the process, the audiogate s/w was automatically deleted).

I could say that this problem occurs more than 5 to 6 times and i have to soft reset it to bring it back to life.

I have changed the roaming preferences <network selection : home network only>. Is there any problem with that?

Could you please guide me to upgrade to version 1.08 and parally inform me the process of updating the new international prl.

<to say you, i have earned bad name from my fiance for being "not available" most of the time bcos of this problem. I need the help to stay online always, desperately>

I checked but there was no relevant info on the subject. Can some one confirm whether updating version to 1.08 and updating prl would solve the problem. (also pls give me the link for updating version and prl)

Click on the link in my signature and read post no. 798, 823 and 899.... that will solve all your problems....

Edited by dkaile

Click on the link in my signature and read post no. 798, 823 and 899.... that will solve all your problems....

Almost 6 months have gone with palm. there is no imporvement in my phone behaviour like phone going out of network area and could not dial. have to switch it off and on or to soft reset atleast twice a day. I fear always about call drops to my phone. I also use 6275 and other nokia cdma's but palm treo is still pulling me down. i am thinking about selling it and switching to some other device.

giving it a last chance, is there any other updates for PRL and OS available that 1.08? Please advice.

Edited by yogeshkumar

^

Also check whether it is a network issue with Reliance and also happens with other phones. At one location I had a continuous problem and it turned out to be Reliance Tower issue where their DG set was not working and their tower used to go faulty. After complainin g to Reliance, the problem was solved.

Also have you updated to the new international prl of reliance?

yes if u havent updated to international prl do it now ...

it helps in lot of phones

yes if u havent updated to international prl do it now ...

it helps in lot of phones

Can you please help me to update to the international prl. (I think that i have already done that along with updating version to 1.08. if updating prl would help, i am ready to do that again.