Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
savramesh

Reliance Gsm Coverage

How to find if reliance GSM have an equivalent or better coverage than CDMA? [or just have to believe them for their name..]

In my town few CDMA towers doesnt have GSM towers..

Would be better to find this before quitting CDMA and entering GSM..

^^^^

Of course... wait for it to be commercially launched and then take your decision after hearing reviews...

How to find if reliance GSM have an equivalent or better coverage than CDMA? [or just have to believe them for their name..]

In my town few CDMA towers doesnt have GSM towers..

Would be better to find this before quitting CDMA and entering GSM..

There won't be different towers for CDMA & GSM. A single tower would be used for both GSM & CDMA.

They are just putting a filtering device for GSM at the Base. You won't be able to figure out coverage untill you have the connection or you have access to internal reports ;)

whatever they do cdma coverage is always gonna be better than GSM ....due tolower frequencies of radio waves in cdma signals

Obviously the coverage may not be as good as CDMA initially with any launch. The should be adding more transmitters in the coming months after initial launch. So you better check the coverage using any GSM handset (thats one advantage GSM has!) before getting a connection.

ok thanks. bcoz i am already facing poor cdma coverage in my area.. so have to make sure of gsm signal before switching, lets wait and see..

Same here. Very poor CDMA coverage in my office in prime Andheri East MIDC area. Strange.

whatever they do cdma coverage is always gonna be better than GSM ....due tolower frequencies of radio waves in cdma signals

I fully agree with you

800 mhz is Very Strong and wider in Coverage, and 1800 mhz weaker but very good to reuse between towers as Range is low the same Frequency can reused for Better Customer Coverage thats the Reason 3G-GSM have Choosen 2.1 Ghz so same Frequency can be reused more time in City.

I fully agree with you

800 mhz is Very Strong and wider in Coverage, and 1800 mhz weaker but very good to reuse between towers as Range is low the same Frequency can reused for Better Customer Coverage thats the Reason 3G-GSM have Choosen 2.1 Ghz so same Frequency can be reused more time in City.

Dear friends,

Until now I was getting impeccable coverage on my CDMA network. I never faced a problem like voice breaking for the past 2.5 years i.e right from day one of taking my reliance CDMA connection. From the past few days I am seeing that I am facing voice breaks very often and the quality of speech on the phone is not as good as it used to be before.

I am extremely disspointed. Any of u facing similar problems?

And all thanks to their GSM services

In urban area of punjab , Reliance GSM network is up to date but on road it is missing 50%

In Villages network is so so , i mean 70%

It will take at least 2 to 3 months for full network ,

Although 1800MHz frequency are not very powerful , so reliance needs more base station

It will take at least 2 to 3 months for full network ,

It will take 7-8 Months.

I fully agree with you

Dear friends,

Until now I was getting impeccable coverage on my CDMA network. I never faced a problem like voice breaking for the past 2.5 years i.e right from day one of taking my reliance CDMA connection. From the past few days I am seeing that I am facing voice breaks very often and the quality of speech on the phone is not as good as it used to be before.

I am extremely disspointed. Any of u facing similar problems?

And all thanks to their GSM services

Dear Firends,

I am at Thane near Mumbai me too facing same problem for last few weeks.

very bad on Rcom part.

Dear friends,

Guys could this be a problem after RComm guys installed GSM transmitters in the Tower closest to his place?

Or maybe plain bad luck?

^^^

Even I have similar problems both at my office and also my residence. Call drops are frequent, but luckily mostly for onnet calls which are anyway free for me.

I too strongly feel that GSM is the root cause for this type of network problems with RCOM. Maybe it will get sorted out soon. Hope for the best.

i get decent signal strength on my gsm but can't connect many times in navi mumbai & mumbai - east areas

this could be due to tower/BTS congestion issues [traffic]

Yes,

In Gurgaon which falls under Delhi-NCR circle the network coverage is fluctuating you get signals at some location while you may not get any signals inside buildings as in my case in my office in Suncity, Sector-54. the network is in beta state I think

From yesterday , I got good signal strength in my home , we are live in a dense populated area of urban Punjab, earlier there was no signal in my room only on top of my house, i think my cell info show a new tower say RC650zqc-3G

I would like other forum members to know this Reliance GSM coverage issue in Pune my relatives are facing.

They always complaint that Reliance GSM network is highly unreliable in their area. Exact location is Near Amanora Mall, in Hadapsar, Pune.

See attached picture, wherein most of the towers are located near Pune station & around. In Hadapsar, there seems to be no GSM tower of reliance.

post-5509-0-60310700-1376727630_thumb.pn

Can this be true ? I mean, have they only got license for the city or it is strategy to serve only city ?

Any idea, if this can be a SIM card problem also ?

Hope to get some idea on this. Any more details are required, let me know.

It has been around 6 years since Reliance launched its GSM services. I agree, it has improved from how it started. But unfortunately, still it has connectivity issues. I have seen issues while travelling in car, in basements are no network coverage in certain pockets of the city. The company should have benefitted from tower sharing agreements it has entered with Tata , Aircel etc and should have bought additional spectrum in auctions in Feb. But the vision of the company is not clear.

To enjoy complete benefits of their ICR tie-up, one must manually change the network to Aircel or Tata respectively.. Keeping your network in Automatic mode doesn't help at all! Check this & revert guys..

Then it's not good enough, imho. In Tata GSM it works automatic afaik

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

@KanagaDeepan what I'm trying to say is that even if reliance network throws up 2 bars, automatic mode would seldom shift to Aircel (even though Aircel is 5 bars) unless we manually set it. Probably because every second/minute that a client is on Aircel network, they bill Reliance. So Reliance avoids it, & have done individual network sharing/coding at each tower accordingly.

In my personal experience, Rel GSM jumps to Aircel only if the network is heavily fluctuating or goes down to 0 bars. To avoid all this, I have permanently set my network to Reliance, at least while in Bangalore.

As another example, so many times while using HSD cards also, i have noticed that HYBRID mode performs poorly especially where HSD signals are a bit weak. But strangely, keeping it in HSD mode manually, does better.

• Like 1

How is the RGSM Coverage in Mumbai(Andheri), Need to change one of the No from CDMA to GSM.

Also does R2R defination also covers calls made from RGSM to RCDMA

Network is pretty good with Aircel ICR.