Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
saketsamir

Reliance Communications Launches GSM Telephony Services

This was the Subject from CNBC - TV18.

R-Comm to roll out nationwide GSM service by June'09

Published on Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 15:12 , Updated at Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 11:10

Source : CNBC-TV18

The dates are been forwarded, even i asked one of my friends in Reliance he said me that they are coming with a new brand from GSM & CDMA, so that might be the reason to the delay.

Now its time to just wait for further Notice.

Regards,

Zaran Dhulla

This was the Subject from CNBC - TV18.

R-Comm to roll out nationwide GSM service by June'09

Published on Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 15:12 , Updated at Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 11:10

Source : CNBC-TV18

The dates are been forwarded, even i asked one of my friends in Reliance he said me that they are coming with a new brand from GSM & CDMA, so that might be the reason to the delay.

Now its time to just wait for further Notice.

Regards,

Zaran Dhulla

Even I have seen this news. But it is talking about the nationwide launch, even Anil Ambani has mentioned about the nationwide launch only in June 2009.

The current GSM launch is only for 11,000 towns and few villages without covering railway-tracks or highways. So the new brand or the new price plans will be available very soon across all the circles.

Edited by saketsamir

ITs for the national wise launch dead line June 2009

I just visited Relaince outlet in Mumbai and asked him about the Launch of GSM, and he showed me the mail received from Reliance stating:-

* GSM will Launch within 2/3 Days.

* The connection will be test sim cards.

* There will be some lack of services.

* They say that it will be billing(Postpaid), but when this Reliance dealer got training at that time they said that it will be prepaid. Things are still not clear regarding this.

So people lets hope that, if we take this information as true then by Monday i.e. 5th Jan 2009. GSM will get launched.

Do let me know if any update about the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Zaran Dhulla

Well as i believe they will be rolling service really slow, as they have to take care of network and other things aswell.

for mobile providers there is no second launch, so they will take care of network issues first.

they officially launch in december as it was Dhirubhais Bday.

BTW IDEA is still not full fledge in mumbai. and network got lot of issues.

no Launch even in Punjab. no Advertisement in Newspaper & TV. Only Launch news.

Wait till March for Launch :)

Anyone already got GSM SIM? I suppose it should be available from tomorrow. :huh:

In mumbai it will be available from 4th of jan 09

^^^

Seems like it will be another long, long wait as is typical with RCOM.....

BTW, @mitj@in, which year, please????? arch 2009/2010/2011xxxx?

The only reasoning I can think of now is that ADA has in filmy style announced the launch - in filmy parlance it means the film has been announced and will take anything from a week, fortnight, month, quarter, half or even full year or years (if we want extreme perfection a la aamir khan)

So the launch only means that the GSM service has been announced. Now they will erect/manipulate the existing CDMA towers, then decide on tariffs (if IUC gets reduced or shelved- the more merrier it will be), then the back-end will be trained, then the front end will get trained, by this time the towers will revolt (because they will not want to beam both CDMA and GSM signals) and so we may be forced to see yet another re-launch-- this time again from scratch..... By this time also hopefully, the MNP will kick in and the 3G will have been dropped because the world would have moved to 6G by now (should it be then?) In any case, with the finmin wanting to double or triple or quadruple the fees for 3G, there will be no cellco remaining to bid for 3G at all. And finally, you will see our RCOM only will get the 3G licence for all India for a song because all players would have gone bankrupt or tired of the flip-flops of the GoI. Only a film hero can have eternal stamina and energy - how else does dharmendra, rajnikant, dev anand etc still remain as heroes today??? Likewise our ADA also has developed eternal stamina and energy by running atleast 100 kms every week!!!!!

Yesterday, I had called up 1800 100 3333 and was informed that RCOM has launched GSM in 11000 towns and they do not know if Chennai/Mumbai/Ahmedabad/Bangalore/Hyderabad/Delhi/Kolkata etc come in that 11000 towns!!!!! They want us to believe that we are also equally dumb because we do not know whether the above cities come under that 11000 towns or not. Maybe these cities come under the 240000 villages which will get RCOM GSM services in the next round only...

I have given up all hopes of getting any RCOM GSM connection in 2009. It will make more sense to get connected to maybe Airtel or Voda or BSNL.....

If RCOM doesnt want to launch the product in 2-3 days, then there was no point in announcing the launch on 30th Dec. Its shame for Reliance Comm. and Anil to still think about the launch offers and plans.

There was absolutely no need to launch the GSM with such a huge fanfare, as the launching will take around 6 months to complete.

very true anil ambani is making fool of himself if he doesnt launch within next week or so after his announcement on 31/12/08. People will never take him seriously in future

dear kumar shah

ur analysis is good and quite laugh inducing,however i am not sure abt the revolt of the towers! usually i carry gsm and cdma mobiles together in my pocket and couldnot make out

any revolt till date!!!

Edited by ravi_patent

I visited the Web World Yesterday and they Told me that by end of next week they will get the Stocks and the Plan details.

Already launched in Karnataka with the exception of Bangalore City..

Maybe because the 'educated' ppl living in cities will break the WW's glass panes if not working fine.. :mad44:

@ACS

Any details on tariff/offers?

dear kumar shah

ur analysis is good and quite laugh inducing,however i am not sure abt the revolt of the towers! usually i carry gsm and cdma mobiles together in my pocket and couldnot make out

any revolt till date!!!

Thats because thy are going to use the same CDMA towers for GSM also. Hence the towers will then have double duty and hence they will revolt!!!! ha ha ha

its almost getting close to 3 months to the initial launch

Wat do u think ppl, how many r u going to continue with the RGSM no that was brought with initial 900/450 Rs talktime....

^^^

i am in 450 offer 5 / day. i am still continuing and will continue...

yup! Even I am planning to continue using R-GSM and dumping by Voda connection.

I have already dumped Reliance GSM and continued using my old Vodafone Connection!

Damn now i feel Vodafone Rocks!

m thinking of switching back to my rel CDMA

i stil face problem while making outgoing calls... :(

problem has reduced significantly in last 3 months

I am thinking , I will go with Rel GSM , because very good network in roads and on railway, Overall problems reduced very much , , SMS pack rocks