Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Chirag

Rim Announces New Postpaid Plans

Didn't quite like the New Tariffs!

Unnecessary Monthly Mandatory Plan Charges! Was that really required? That simply shows diff ways of extracting money!! :D

Reliance's new post-paid tariff

September 02, 2004 20:00 IST

Rediff.com

Reliance Infocomm on Thursday announced the launch of Joy 499, a path-breaking Post Paid Plan, with call charges of 40 paise per minute for intra-circle calls between RIM to RIM/ Reliance FWP/T and Re 1 per minute for all other calls, including STD, across the country.

In Joy 499, arguably the most simple and attractive offer in the industry, subscribers pay monthly rental of Rs 499, said a Reliance Infocomm media release.

Announcing the new tariff plans, Inder Bajaj, head, special projects, Reliance Infocomm, said: "This is the natural extension of our endeavour to make mobile telephony much more affordable. This, coupled with the Value Roaming facility at home rates and the industry's lowest SMS charges, makes the RIM Post Paid subscription the most attractive deal."

Reliance Infocomm has also announced newer versions of its popular Plans -- Joy 149 and Joy 399.

Under New Joy 399 also customers will enjoy calls to RIM and FWP/T at 40 paise per minute. Under New Joy 149, the tariff for local and intra circle calls is 99 paise per minute for RIM to RIM and Reliance FWP/T phones.

Customers also have the option to avail of 99 paise per minute for calls to other mobile phones by paying an additional monthly rental of just Rs 25, under Joy 149.

Customers of Joy 399 and Joy 499 also enjoy most competitive ILD rates of Rs 12.99 per minute for calls to the United States, Canada, Europe, the United Kingdom and South East Asia.

Existing subscribers under other plans have the option of migrating to Joy 499 and new versions of Joy 149 and Joy 399. Another big advantage for Reliance Post Paid customers will be that they can roam on home tariff across India, resulting in savings of up to 80 per cent.

Chirag

I think New Joy 149 is a very good offer. Total monthly commitment is Rs.200/- with caller ID, and calls to any mobile is Rs1/- SMS 1/- Landline 2/- Neteffect for a low end user (avg 3-4 min per day to mobile) his bill will be less than Rs350/-

Ineffect he would be spending the same amount as a regular pre paid user, only Rs.350/- per month but gets around Rs150/- worth of talk time. Great isnt it? :D

I appreciate this offer.

PS: This not a LOYALTY offer.. this is just a new tarrif scheme, there is no loyalty bonus. :clap:

Well, there was a rumour around that come September RIM will stop concentrating on defaulters and hold on to loyal honest bill paying customers by giving them incentives. This was loyalty bonus.

No sign of this as of now.

i thought they would come up with low monthly commitment offer like RS.99/- pm or so for low end users. in this case low end users will continue using gsm as they are still having 99/- promo offers

think New Joy 149 is a very good offer. Total monthly commitment is Rs.200/- with caller ID, and calls to any mobile is Rs1/- SMS 1/- Landline 2/- Neteffect for a low end user (avg 3-4 min per day to mobile) his bill will be less than Rs350/-

for calling GSM mobiles at Rs 0.99 you have to Rs 25 extra. so monthly commitment is Rs 224/-

They haven't done anything about the SMS rates??? :blink: This is one of the major drawbacks of RIM's tarrifs - most other GSM operators here are offering SMS packages ...30p for a local SMS! And look what we are paying!! :quest:

Beetle, What hassles me simply one thing! Whts the difference left between PREPAID and POSTPAID now?

In Prepaid > 325-150 = 175(Rental)

In Postpaid > 199(Rental; or 224 - to get RIM to any mobile at 99p/min)

Isn't this weird? If it isn't weird, then the company's policy is to garner more PREPAID customers than Billing ones, coz they want to get their debt right!

As someone mentioned correctly, with these tariffs, a GSM subscriber will not hop onto RIM and hence RIM to RIM low call rates, simply remains a dream!! Becoz overall the RIM subscriber base will not improve drastically! Hence New Prepaid Scheme goes for a six and the POSTPAID tariff is also not helping improve the scenario!

RIM's claim of keeping telephony affordable is stupendous looking at the new Plans. Coz only JOY 399 and JOY 499 have lower call rates, but the monthly commitment is so high that its simply not affordable to "aam janta"!

With all the operators putting their cards on the table, I'll definitely recommend my dad not to hop onto RIM as of now! His MOTS(BPL Mobile) remains relatively honest and cheap!!

And Additionally, BUDGET 149/249 and ECONOMY 149 schemes have also been totally withdrawn now!! Frankly Budget 249 was one of the best schemes avl!

chirag kindly specify sms charges in all the plans as well.

arent the new rates a bit unfair for the loyal DAPO users? what should hold them in DAPO now when they cant even upgrade the handsets to LG moonlight from 2030 or LG5130 from 2030.

huh? DAPO customers have been the overall winners in all this dude! Lowest call rates, Free SMS, Lowest International SMS rate! What more do u need with DAPO!!

hey Chirag, i've been using the budget 249 plan which has 150 of talktime bundled and i pay Rs 399 per month.... i called up customer care and they said there was no reduction of tariff in this plan .. and now ur saying this whole plan has been withdrawn :quest: are you sure ? even last month i got billed for budget 249 ... dont tell me i have to shift to the crappy joy 399 :blink:

and talking about international sms rates, aernt DAPO users charged the same 3 Rs per msg that we normal users are charged ?? 'cause u had said in the previous post that DAPO users enjoy the lowest SMS rates ... ??

there is hardly any diff between old joy 399 and new joy 399.. they have added a Rs. 25 Plan charge (which is nothing but an increase in rent)

Chiraag, the schemes are not withdrawn but renamed

Economy 149 is Joy 149. Budget 149 is Joy249, isnt it?

Pegaus

for calling GSM mobiles at Rs 0.99 you have to Rs 25 extra. so monthly commitment is Rs 224/-

Joy 149 = 149 rent + 25caller ID + 25 special offer package of the NEW scheme.. Total 200 not 225.

Chiraag,

Difference between Pre and Post paid

1. You can get more talk time on post paid NEW Joy (149 +25) for Rs.325 per month bill than Rs325 recharge.

2. In prepaid, if you want to call you have to recharge and the minimum is Rs325/- In post paid you can use phone for incoming at Rs150 without caller Id.

And ya, call charges NEW joy (149 + 25) has .99 ps for GSM and CDMA

I have attached comparison file.

Prepaid is now cheaper of Low usage as compared to Joy 149.

• Joy 149 subscribers have the option of availing 99 paise/min tariff for calls to other mobile phones on additional payment of a monthly fee of Rs 25.

With this reliance has made prepaid cheaper.

Loyal customers like me have to suffer.

For opting to New Joy 149 plan migration form is to be filled. Even customers of Joy 149 have to fill a form to opt for New Joy 149. This was intimated to me by *333.

I will say, All plans lead to almost same amount of spending for average user of say 300 mins plus. Still if one puts all plans side by side, DAPO seems to be cheapest. Especially if a person roams a lot.

Thnx kshah and Saurav... cos ur posts make my point clearer! Saurav, i've put ur table in the post!

Alrite... as Saurav mentioned and his table clearly indicates, as of now, if u r arnd Rs. 300 user, u shud go onto PREPAID!! coz tht ways, atleast u can monitor ur usage and secondly rates are absolutely similar n in some cases(Long distance) cheaper! Otherwise u can also have higher PREPAID refills!!

and talking about international sms rates, aernt DAPO users charged the same 3 Rs per msg that we normal users are charged ?? 'cause u had said in the previous post that DAPO users enjoy the lowest SMS rates ... ??

For DAPO users International SMS is Rs. 2/- :)

Moreover, Old Budget Users will be kept on Old Tariffs till further notice! Thnx to TRAI's ruling of Six Months!

But these plans are no more avl for new connections.. Hence they are called WITHDRAWN! U can refer the Bill Ready Reckoner for this information (Check out the # sign against the old plans!! )

Are there any changes in the DAPO something like New DAPO or something?

Every time not only with RIM but in past with my BSNL and Hutch, when ever they reduce terriff I will make calculations if I can save money, as I use about 400 - 600 mins a month + atlease once a month roaming (50-70 mins). Every time I calculate spending few hours using details of bills of last 3 months and I have seen that I really do not save any thing, may be 50 -100 bucks. SOme plans I may have to spend more than what I spend.

for DAPO users, I will suggest them to upgrade handsets so monthly comitment reduces by 100 - 200. Then it is really really the best plan.

hey guys ,

The new tarrifs (399/499) is very good fro the customers who have the high STD talktime. See no operator in india gives u R.1 percall anywhere in india. SO its the best plans avilable in india so far. in dapo also to call any landline std u have to pay 3.60/min. so thats costly affair.

In last billing cycle I was in JOY 149. In this billing cycle I will be charged according to New Joy 149 or old Joy 149. Some people are saying to migrate to New Joy 149 I have to fill a plan migration form. Is it true or migration will be automatic?

Just one interesting thing.

I called up Help Desk and 3 ppl "confirmed" to me that these new plans have absolutely no free talk time and the amnt we pay is simply the plan charges. what's this :):ph34r:

I am always bad at this "Plans" stuff

:) Do you realise that Reliance is counting on its customers to say stuff like that - "I'm always bad at this plan stuff", "I was never good at understanding XYZ" and all that stuff!!! Thats how you can get people to pay more without it hurting as much! :ph34r:

Every other telecom operator do the same. if you x you have to pay Rs...., if you want y you have to pay Rs....