Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Reliance Launches Customer Experience Programme For Gsm

gr8 news

Hopefully Reliance GSM will set the trend like how Reliance Infocomm did a few years ago. They seem aggressively poised to become the number one in the market. And the fact that they are starting with a new network (virtually zero subscriber base), will give them the edge in the mobile telephony market compared to the existing GSM players, provided a little more focus is giving on customer care services.

CNBC TV18 Scroll : Reliance to offer SIM Card for Rs. 25. Night calling free. Rs. 900 Bonus talk time.

RCom launches GSM service

Mumbai, Jan 04: In a move that could trigger another tariff war among mobile operators, Anil Ambani-led Reliance Communication on Sunday launched GSM services in Mumbai and offered free talk-time worth Rs 900 spread over three months.

"New subscribers would get Rs 10 talk-time every day for the first 90 days and has offered tariffs of Re one a minute for local calls and STD would cost Rs 1.50 per minute on any network," Dinesh Gulati, head of Western region, said.

After consuming Rs 10 during the day, the subscribers can use top up cards with denominations ranging between Rs 10 to Rs 500 with the same tariffs.

When contacted Ambani told reporters, "In 2003, Reliance changed the face of the telecom sector in India. Through our nationwide GSM launch coupled with company's continued focus on our number one CDMA Network, we will once again endeavour to re-write the rules of the industry by offering an unbeatable coverage, quality services and above all the value for their money."

Over and above the free-talk time, the Reliance GSM customers will get unlimited calling on Reliance network (both GSM and CDMA) absolutely free between 10 PM to 6 AM through out Mumbai, Maharashtra and Goa, giving access to seven million Reliance phones in the region.

The new GSM SIM cards would be available for Rs 25 with a validity of six months, Gulati said, adding the initial plan has been designed keeping in mind the subscribers in sub-Rs 300 mobile expenses.

He said the company was working out various other pre-paid tariff plans and would announce during the next three months.

Bureau Report

Any update about mumbai.. I went to Sion WW, they have no idea about it... They asked me to check on this next week.. Can someone tell us where in mumbai these cards are available..

I got the sim yesterday evening at Ghatkopar...

but they charged me 50 bucks :(

Any update about mumbai.. I went to Sion WW, they have no idea about it... They asked me to check on this next week.. Can someone tell us where in mumbai these cards are available..

My dear Vaibhav, you can try Web World Express at Chembur or G.T.B. Nagar.

RS 900 is for local calls only.....

not mentioned nywhere or by WW

Dealers are getting Rs 75/ Incentive. So try to get SIM free.

When contacted Ambani told reporters, "In 2003, Reliance changed the face of the telecom sector in India. Through our nationwide GSM launch coupled with company's continued focus on our number one CDMA Network, we will once again endeavour to re-write the rules of the industry by offering an unbeatable coverage, quality services and above all the value for their money."

Intresting....... Waiting for it eagerly :Equivocado:

Waiting for them to spread out to other states too !! :)

saurav, are sims available in chandigarh? Here in amritsar WW people told me that it will take one more month to launh in punjab

i like this great offer very much. actually before 30th dec i thougt, reliance will came with initial scheme such as "Unlimited o/g calls for 3 days".

but thaks to Rs900 TT, but sad thing is only local calls and NO STD or NO DATA usage.

ALSO confused between

GPRS rates

GPRS/EGDE Charges 5paise For 10KB

or

11pm to 6am : 0.30 paise per minute

6am to 11pm : 0.60 paise per minute .

also plz let me know Thane WW can provide sim card and at what cost.

also rimweb users please share ur network experience.

what is network code i mean is it IND ??

GPRS rates

GPRS/EGDE Charges 5paise For 10KB

or

11pm to 6am : 0.30 paise per minute

6am to 11pm : 0.60 paise per minute .

Many ppl have lots of confusion regarding this.

Let me clarify...

Former is charges for Reliance Mobile World and WAP Browsing. (Ditto as CDMA Reliance Mobile World Charges, Refer that topic for more details.)

For this you will get APN settings OTA (over the air) after First Call on GSM Sim.

Later is charges for Reliance Netconnect (Ditto as CDMA Reliance Netconnect) i.e. Internet on ur pc via Data Cable.

Same, MDN is Username and Password, for this Make APN Settings in ur Phone and then tether it to PC.

Leave all other parameters - blank.

What is the validity of Rs 10 that you get?

Is it just for a day or the remaining TT gets carried over to next day?

What is the validity of Rs 10 that you get?

Is it just for a day or the remaining TT gets carried over to next day?

That would have been fantastic, eh? <_<

The Rs.10 talk time is per day, it cannot be carry forwarded.

did u mean IND 15 for mumbai

did u mean IND 15 for mumbai

I did not mean anything but to go through that topic to find out the code for your area as reported by other members.

this is really great news man, but still waiting for such offers in mumbai. Hope Reliance (gsm) would launch the same offer for all the circles. I agree with "vvinayakpai" . Reliance is trend setter & lets see what new trends are set by Reliance in gsm. Hope this would increase competition & the call rates would get reduced.

Dunno exactly, but a friend told that a few select customers were getting complementary sims at web worlds in Mumbai

:o

has it been launched here too

Reliance Launches GSM Services in Mumbai

Techtree News Staff, Jan 05, 2009 1127 hrs IST

The launch targets 16 Million GSM customers in Mumbai

E-Mail Print

Reliance Communications has launched its much looked-for GSM services in Mumbai.

Users will get Rs. 900 of talktime on local calls and SMS to any network in daily tranches of Rs. 10 spread over 3 months.

In addition, customers choosing the newly launched Customer Experience Programme, can make unlimited calls between 11 pm to 6 am to any Reliance Phones in Mumbai, Maharashtra and Goa. This sub-Rs. 300 plan has a one-time subscription charge (including GSM SIM) of Rs. 25 only. Customers can also use a variety of top-up cards to make calls and SMS's over and above the free talktime.

"New subscribers would get Rs 10 talk-time every day for the first 90 days and has offered tariffs of Re one a minute for local calls and STD would cost Rs 1.50 per minute on any network," according to Dinesh Gulati, head of Western region.

The launch of Reliance Mobile GSM Services in Mumbai comes within days of the company announcing the launch of its GSM Services across 11,000 towns in the country.

source:http://www.techtree.com/India/News/Reliance_Launches_GSM_Services_in_Mumbai/551-97335-613.html