Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vmsanghrajka

Tata Tele To Launch Gsm Services Soon

NEW DELHI: Leading GSM operators Bharti Airtel and Vodafone Essar have added 2.8 million and 2.7 million subscribers in April, continuing their

respective growth momentum. The second-largest mobile operator Reliance Communications added just over 2-million subscribers last month, according to data released by telecom regulator Trai on Monday.

GSM operator Aircel added about 1.1 million new subscribers in April taking its total subscriber base to 19.5 million. Tata Teleservices, a CDMA operator, added about 0.6 million new users in the given month taking its subscriber base to 35.7 million. Idea Cellular and Spice Communications together added a notch over 1-million subscribers in April. State-owned telco MTNL added 47,045 new subscribers in April.

RCOM, the country’s largest telecom operator on CDMA technology platform, had launched GSM-based services in January with schemes providing free talk time up to Rs 900 and this resulted in its subscriber numbers surging between January-March. The free scheme was taken away by March-end, which resulted in subscriber additions falling in April.

RCOM had outperformed the industry in these three months, it added 5-million new users in January and over 3-million new subscribers in February and March. In comparison, the largest mobile operator, Bharti, added 2.7 million new users each in January and February 2009 and 2.8 million in March.

RCOM now has a mobile subscriber base of 74.8 million and Vodafone Essar's total subscriber base stands at 71.5 million, while Bharti Airtel leads with 96.7 million total subscribers. Vodafone Essar also saw a drop of about 0.07 million users in its monthly additions in April and the telco added just over 2.7-million subscribers as against 2.84 million in March.

With this, Bharti Airtel regained the number one position in terms of subscriber additions by a few thousand users as it increased its customer base by 2.8-million users in April.

In March 2009, Vodafone Essar had beaten Bharti Airtel in monthly subscriber additions for the first time. Trai also said that India's mobile base had crossed the 400-million mark in April, inching close to the target of 500-million users by 2010, set by the Department of Telecom (DoT).

The total wireless subscriber base now stands at 403.66 million, while the total telecom base, which includes that of landline is 441.47 million, Trai added. But, the number of new mobile connections added in April saw a 23% drop compared with 15.64 million new additions in the previous month.

Heard that TATA is planning to soft launch it's GSM services by 10th June and business launch scheduled on 22nd June.

Launch scheduled for Kerala circle, no news about other circles. I think the date will be the same for all the south Indian circles like Tamil nadu, Andhra pradesh, etc...

News source: TTSL GSM Dept. employees from Kerala circle.

this is first date u have mentionem about launch of service. we hope that this will happen on 10th june.

Heard that TATA is planning to soft launch it's GSM services by 10th June and business launch scheduled on 22nd June.

Launch scheduled for Kerala circle, no news about other circles. I think the date will be the same for all the south Indian circles like Tamil nadu, Andhra pradesh, etc...

News source: TTSL GSM Dept. employees from Kerala circle.

Dear Mr. Ajin,

Thank you so much for the news, it's like music to my ears. I've been waiting for a very long time for the launch. I'm jumping here in happiness. Thank you once again. :signthankspin:

wow.. this is real cool... if its one cirlcle in this month, they might come out in other circles soon..!!

Please please guys.... kindly note.

Anil sardana is still alive.... some times he says.... "TATA is planning to launch its GSM service within few weeks".

I am also waiting for such a long time. Oh God... Please make this happen.

Somebody please kidnap Anil sardana. so that he never say the above said "statement" any more.

:arghhhh: Damn... Anil Sardana.......... Let's kidnap him while he is on his way to TTSL Office at Mumbai. So that we wouldn't hear the dialogue "We will launch the GSM services in a few week" anymore!!!! :locked:

Address:

Tata Teleservices Limited

Corporate Office, A, E & F Blocks

Voltas Premises, T. B. Kadam Marg

Chinchpokli, Mumbai - 400033.

Thank God...... Anil sardana is not a member of our discussion forum.

Leave him alone for the time being.

Guys, try to get more news about the launch.

I just now called up the Tata Tele GSM (Andhra Pradesh) customer care number..... 9030-012345.....one tech guy picked-up the phone......the conversation went like this:

Me: Introduced my self & asked "when can I expect GSM launch?"

Tech Guy: Sorry we can't disclose the date.

Me: Okay, no problem...... please tell me at least the month of launch.

Tech Guy: This month (June)

Me: Are you sure?

Tech Guy: Yes, but where did you get the number? How did you call us?

Me: I'm calling from Tata Indicom CDMA phone........I know that 9030 is Tata GSM Andhra Pradesh number, so I just added 012345 to that!

Tech Guy: Oh...Okay! (and he hung-up the phone).

Guys, if you want to try from your state, I'm giving the South zone numbers:

Kerala: 9037-012345

Karnataka: 9036-012345

Tamil Nadu: 9043-012345

Orrisa: 9040-012345

Note: You can call the above numbers only if the 'Point Of Inter-connection' (POI) is activated between the network you are calling from and the Tata GSM network. For example In my state (AP) I was able to dial Tata GSM from Air Tel and Tata Indicom (CDMA), BUT could not dial from Idea Cellular. I think you got what I mean.........! Good Luck, Guys..... and tell me as soon as possible if you got some News.

Edited by bhargavachandra

Good work dude!!!!!!

Lets keep our finger crossed for the much awaited commercial launch of Tata GSM services

^^I guess the Karantaka number is wrong.Iam getting the message "The Tata indicom number u have called is invalid.......blah..."same message when i dial from Vodafone mobile and Airtel Landline...

^^I guess the Karantaka number is wrong.Iam getting the message "The Tata indicom number u have called is invalid.......blah..."same message when i dial from Vodafone mobile and Airtel Landline...

Mr. Shashank,

Yes, I got the same message "The Tata indicom number u have called is invalid......." when I tried to call Karnataka Tata Tele GSM from Andhra Pradesh. May be they have not yet activated the IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system on that number. The other states numbers are also not working from Andhra Pradesh.

But the Andhra Pradesh number is working for SURE! You could try the AP one if you want, but if it's not working with one service provider, then try with other. For me dialing with Tata Indicom CDMA and AirTel are working in Andhra Pradesh.

When you dial AP Tata GSM number you'll hear the IVR immediately.......it says "Welcome to Tata GSM".....and then the regular things like press 1 for this and that, press 9 for talking to a Customer care executive...... after pressing 9 in the IVR... the phone rings at the other end, but usually no one picks up the phone. I dialled like 30 times till now for the last 4 days, but got luck only twice......(I've already posted the conversation).

Edited by bhargavachandra

^^^ this is good news to my ears..!!

By the way, I forgot to mention something...... I said in the above post that the Andhra Pradesh IVR is saying "Welcome to Tata GSM"......but, let me assure you that the real brand name for Tata Teleservices GSM services WILL NOT BE 'Tata GSM'.........I think the Tech guys at Andhra Pradesh are just testing the applications and just put this dummy IVR voice. The real brand name is strictly confidential till the Company announces it officially in the media.

Guys BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!

Tata GSM is branded as Tata DoCoMo :D

Call 9030-012345 and listen to IVR!!

Big thanks to bhargavachandra :)

other than informed and learned users ,for all others irrespective of the branding, the name will be tata gsm

Tata GSM is expected to launch marketing promo's from 26th June. But probably would be postponded to July...

Guys BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!

Tata GSM is branded as Tata DoCoMo :D

Call 9030-012345 and listen to IVR!!

Big thanks to bhargavachandra :)

Dear Mr. Shashank

Yes, the IVR is saying "Hi, You are with Tata DoCoMo" now. Early this morning when I called the message was "Welcome to Tata GSM". They've changed it now. Thank you for the update!

Tata GSM is expected to launch marketing promo's from 26th June. But probably would be postponded to July...

Dear Mr. Amit,

Thank you for the update! Hope they'll launch the network very soon.

Tata to Rollout GSM Service

Techtree News Staff, Jun 04, 2009 1531 hrs

Due to the limited availability of CDMA spectrum

Tata Group, through its flagship company Tata Teleservices, will now rollout its GSM service throughout the country, although the company had said that it will remain committed to CDMA services. The limited allocation of CDMA spectrum has led the company to foray into GSM domain. Both Reliance and Tata have applied for dual technology licenses in 2007, while former has already launched its GSM services throughout the country.

Anil Sardana, managing director, Tata Teleservices said, "The policy for the allocation of spectrum has caused the company to look at other alternatives. From a shareholders perspective, we have to build double network to sustain the market." The company was the first to launch CDMA service with Andhra Pradesh.

The CDMA operators are apparently worried on the allocation of 800 MHz spectrum with no clear roadmap for future. Tata Teleservices is likely to launch much awaited GSM service by the next month - ahead of MNP service which is expected to start by the year end.

Dear Members,

The brand name for the Tata Teleservices GSM services is not yet announced officially by the company. Some of us could have heard some unofficial and unsolicited versions of Tata GSM Brand Name, but let us not discuss about the brand name now. I'm saying this because it strongly seems to me that the Tatas' want to keep the brand name confidential till the official announcement. Tata Group is such a Respectable Company, let us respect its decision.

Let us dig more about the launch information.

Thank You Everybody!!!

Just now I have tried 9037012345, It saying, Welcome to "TATA indicom" (Not either TATA DoCoMo or TATA GSM), Please press 1 for English, 2 for Malayalam and 3 For Hindi. I have tried English, Malayalam and Hindi. All leads to "Please check the number you have dialed".

I am from Kerala circle.

More than that I have tried 9037000121 leads to "Please check the number you have dialed".

Bharghav, please dial the same from Andhra ie, 9030000121. Let us know the result.

Just now I have tried 9037012345, It saying, Welcome to "TATA indicom" (Not either TATA DoCoMo or TATA GSM), Please press 1 for English, 2 for Malayalam and 3 For Hindi. I have tried English, Malayalam and Hindi. All leads to "Please check the number you have dialed".

I am from Kerala circle.

More than that I have tried 9037000121 leads to "Please check the number you have dialed".

Bharghav, please dial the same from Andhra ie, 9030000121. Let us know the result.

Dear Mr. Ajin,

From the past few days till yesterday morning the IVR on 9030012345 (AP) said "Welcome to Tata GSM". From yesterday afternoon, it has been changed to "Hi, You are with Tata DoCoMo". Mr. Shashank (Advanced Member) also tried at that time and reported us back regarding the same. I don't know what has happened, but the Andhra Pradesh Tata GSM number (9030-012345) stopped working altogether this morning, no IVR just few beeps & the call ends....

Yes, I have tried Kerala number & it is saying "please check the number you have dialled" in English, Malayalam & Hindi. Whatever it is, but I can guarantee you that "9037" is the mobile number series for Kerala circle.